Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Castanzo

RockThatBlue

47 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Surely someone will take him. Hes just not that good anymore.

Hes also the king of penalties at the absolute worst times.

Let him be for the time being he is not in our long term plans tbh, Clark delevop he has Lt skill set. Constanzo is a Rt that was forced to be the Lt but he has slow feet. But the one thing I will say is he is always available to play which is a big big skill

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Constanzo would be a solid Rt take a big pay cut, and play Rt for us draft The Lt we need or hope Clark develops. 

Him playing RT I’m game for because JM is now the RG some again it would help him not get beat inside 

50 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Surely someone will take him. Hes just not that good anymore.

Hes also the king of penalties at the absolute worst times.

Sliding him to RT would be the better move IMO. Probably not gonna get anything of value for him in a trade, & he'd likely be every bit as solid as Denzelle Good on the right side.

I'm holding out hope that Ballard can turn around the O line in 1 year like he did the dline this year.  We all knew he wouldn't be able to fix all the Colts bad parts in 1 year.  He fixed the run D bigly in 1 year.  Too early to tell what will be our weakest link is this year without Luck playing.  The pass d is looking rough, but that's with us missing Geathers and Davis.  Also have two young rookies taking their lumps, but I feel they have too many physical tools not to get much better with experience.

The oline I don't think can even be considered a work in progress.  The only guys that give me confidence in the future are Kelly and to a lesser extent, Mewhort and Good at RT.  Haeg, Clark, and Vukovich (sp?) are good for depth, but I'd like to see a 2 or 3 other guys with elite to semi elite skills.  Too bad it's such a weak Oline class coming out next year.  2 semi elite tackles and 1 semi elite guard.  Maybe some collegiate olinemen will improve their draft status throughout the season.

Oh yeah, we probably need a new head coach whose middle name isn't Airhead.

I agree and since he is our best option we should probably shelve Luck for the year and tank for a very high pick we can trade for a bevy of extra picks.  Just kidding, but I'd be lying if I said the thought hasn't crossed my mind.  I just don't see Luck, with his rough and tough style of play, surviving behind this poor line.

Ballard absolutely needs to fix the o line.  I could see him taking a tackle in the 1st and trading up to get Nelson out of ND at the bottom of the 1st.  I really liked the Kelly pick in the middle of the 1st because of his very low bust risk.  Pisses me off we didn't get Whitehair too.  He needs to pull the trigger twice next year and fix this o line problem that has been going on forever it seems.  Just baffles me how Polian or Grigson didn't make protecting their lengendary qbs by not putting an elite line in front of them their number 1 priority.  Fix THAT and then worry about everything else.  We know what happens to our team without Luck or Peyton in the lineup.  

28 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Like it or not he's still our best option at left tackle.  Maybe they will look at in the off-season but for now he's the only real option at left tackle.

too slow footed to be a lt in todays nfl, some o-line high school o-line gurus on here love him, but he lets todays speed rushers beat him on a regular basis, our o-lines weakest link

47 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Like it or not he's still our best option at left tackle.  Maybe they will look at in the off-season but for now he's the only real option at left tackle.

Yes , as sad as that is ... it's true. Big mistake as it turns out giving him that 2015 contract , as he would have cost over 8 mill against the cap if we replaced him this year. Next year he's scheduled to make 10.8 and counts around 5.4 if released. I would look for the Colts just to cut bait rather than slide him over to the right side as it would be difficult to get him to agree to a big salary adjustment next year.  Easiest thing to do is just take the cap hit and hopefully replace him without way over spending on his replacement. 

This of coarse is just my opinion.

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

It was trade him .. not cut him. But still a bad thread as there is no team in the NFL that would even take him for nothing. 12 million for 2017 and around 11 mill for 2018 makes it a silly thought. But bottom line is he's pretty bad.

The positive attribute about him is that he is available to play on game days. Our other offensive lineman seem to be hurt a lot and they aren't very good either.

lol the typically lose a game, find someone to blame, then suggests that we cut/trade said player cause he had a bad day. now yes, castanzo isnt what he was a few years ago, but he has been Lucks' trusty tackle for years, and seeing as there is no viable player at his position on the open market, on the team or able to be traded for, it makes no sense for the Colts to do anything with him. and for those who say that we should switch clark or haeg over to his position, who takes over for the spots that are open when they are moved, obviously, this is the lineup that the staff feel gives us the best opportunity to win. 

1 hour ago, bigt said:

Ballard absolutely needs to fix the o line.  I could see him taking a tackle in the 1st and trading up to get Nelson out of ND at the bottom of the 1st.  I really liked the Kelly pick in the middle of the 1st because of his very low bust risk.  Pisses me off we didn't get Whitehair too.  He needs to pull the trigger twice next year and fix this o line problem that has been going on forever it seems.  Just baffles me how Polian or Grigson didn't make protecting their lengendary qbs by not putting an elite line in front of them their number 1 priority.  Fix THAT and then worry about everything else.  We know what happens to our team without Luck or Peyton in the lineup.  

I'm afraid you are going to get a lot of push back on your suggestion. It makes perfect sense but most people here want another draft of defense.  Got to get that ER first.  To heck with the OL. We can fix that in the latter rounds.   Ballard is probably wishing he went hard at the OL in FA.  Hopefully he will make the OL priority number 1 this offseason. 

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

The positive attribute about him is that he is available to play on game days. Our other offensive lineman seem to be hurt a lot and they aren't very good either.

Can't and won't argue that.... he is durable.

4 hours ago, IinD said:

I miss u Tarik...

And you won't believe how many people wanted us to cut him. I actually had to explain to some how great Tarik was, and it often fell on deaf ears. Sometimes people don't know what they have until its gone. 

Tarik was the best LT in Indy Colts history. We have no one better than AC on the Colts roster right now, and there is no one on the open market better than AC right now. I think it's safe to say that any LTs currently better than AC are not for trade. The demand is too high. 

Logical conclusion is; we are stuck with what we have. We might look at the 2018 NFL draft for an upgrade. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

And you won't believe how many people wanted us to cut him. I actually had to explain to some how great Tarik was, and it often fell on deaf ears. Sometimes people don't know what they have until its gone. 

Tarik was the best LT in Indy Colts history. We have no one better than AC on the Colts roster right now, and there is no one on the open market better than AC right now. I think it's safe to say that any LTs currently better than AC are not for trade. The demand is too high. 

Logical conclusion is; we are stuck with what we have. We might look at the 2018 NFL draft for an upgrade. 

Agreed, I've been a lurker forever and remember those debates well.

I'll take two of his false starts a game if we could have him back. Same for Diem and his one false start a game.

Also agree that we really can't do much right now. If we bomb the season and an Orlando Pace is there and we picked him, I'd totally understand.

I don't think anyone truly hates Anthony, but he has rookie breakdowns at times.

5 hours ago, Mister P said:

And throw Pagano in for free.  Stupid wildcat play call and even stupider time out with 10 sec. left.  Make ARI call their final timeout.  What an *.  And then they have 12 men in the huddle - crappy coaching.  Pagano sucks!!!!

Like the guy dislike his coaching .... Think if Bruce was still colts diff outcome

7 hours ago, rpeay said:

He has never been any good!  Haeg needs to go along with Castonzo....cut'em....You could get 3 good linemen for what Castonzo is making to do NOTHING

And replace them with who?  

Thats the problem.  Better upgrades aren't out there right now.  If they want to address it this off-season that's one thing but baring a trade (and most teams won't part with a good left tackle unless you pay a really heavy price) there isn't a better option available right now.  

14 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

what! if he is one of our better the rest are high school

Well apart from Kelly and Mewhort, he is our best I'd say. Haeg is quite close but not quite there yet.

But if you seriously think we could start Clark or anyone else at LT without a drop off then you're being very optimistic.

1 hour ago, UKColt13 said:

Well apart from Kelly and Mewhort, he is our best I'd say. Haeg is quite close but not quite there yet.

But if you seriously think we could start Clark or anyone else at LT without a drop off then you're being very optimistic.

we dont have any above average lt on the team

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Oy. 

"This player sucks. Trade him!"

Like the other teams in the league won't identify that either?

And as underwhelming as he has become, he's still our best option at LT. Starting anyone else would be a major liability. 

Thank you.

To the rest of the forum, the next time you type out "X player sucks, we should trade him," I want you to stop, delete your post, then spend the next 20 minutes thinking about what you almost did.

NFL teams aren't going to trade for players who suck so badly you want to get rid of them.  To believe they will is silly.

Don't be silly.