Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Castanzo

RockThatBlue

On 9/21/2017 at 9:16 AM, J@son said:

First, saying he was projected to be a RT is not the same thing as saying "he's a RT forced to play LT". 

Second,

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/anthony-castonzo?id=2495137

"...who could be a consistent LT for the next 8-10 years in the NFL..."

Nothing I've seen suggests that he was projected as a RT.

If I remember correctly he was viewed as the most ready to play left tackle coming out of college as well.  

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, dudeski said:

ballard - hey AC.  take a big pay cut

AC - No

Cut him then, he has bin no lie the worst olinemen in pass pro this whole year he hasn't bin good the last 3-4 years always with the excuses like I know I didn't have a good year etc... He is durable is he main value 

2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

The guy sucks. Hopefully we do something about it next season.

You're right, we should get Pro-Bowlers at every position on the OLine.  Then we'll never have any sacks and we'll run all over teams.  While we're at it, let's get Pro-Bowlers at every position on the defense so we never give up any more yards, much less points.  We'll never lose a game ever again    :sarcasm:

You did see what the Broncos D did to that "Pro-Bowl" Dallas OLine last week, right?  Please realize that no OLine is safe anymore.  If the QB drops back to pass, he is going to get hit.  Every QB on every team.  It's been like that forever, but fans have always complained that the OLine wasn't good enough.  We did it with Peyton, Pats fans have done it with Brady, heck, even 49ers fans were doing it back when Montana got hurt and sat out a year.  Manning, Brady, Brees, Montana etc. have all sat out seasons due to injury.

The OLine is never good enough.  Ever.  We could have the best player at each position and Andrew will still get hit if he holds onto the ball too long.  We can't have Pro-Bowlers at every position.  We see how unbalanced the Cowboys team is since they sunk most of their money into the offense.  I mean, seriously, what do you want?  Are your expectations realistic?

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You're right, we should get Pro-Bowlers at every position on the OLine.  Then we'll never have any sacks and we'll run all over teams.  While we're at it, let's get Pro-Bowlers at every position on the defense so we never give up any more yards, much less points.  We'll never lose a game ever again    :sarcasm:

You did see what the Broncos D did to that "Pro-Bowl" Dallas OLine last week, right?  Please realize that no OLine is safe anymore.  If the QB drops back to pass, he is going to get hit.  Every QB on every team.  It's been like that forever, but fans have always complained that the OLine wasn't good enough.  We did it with Peyton, Pats fans have done it with Brady, heck, even 49ers fans were doing it back when Montana got hurt and sat out a year.  Manning, Brady, Brees, Montana etc. have all sat out seasons due to injury.

The OLine is never good enough.  Ever.  We could have the best player at each position and Andrew will still get hit if he holds onto the ball too long.  We can't have Pro-Bowlers at every position.  We see how unbalanced the Cowboys team is since they sunk most of their money into the offense.  I mean, seriously, what do you want?  Are your expectations realistic?

Exactly. It has been known for a very long time there is a severe shortage of good offensive linemen available. When there is one that plays to pro bowl level they are paid accordingly.

For fans to get all bent out of shape over their team not getting great offensive linemen just shows their lack of knowledge on the subject.

The only reason Manning wasn't beaten into the ground was because of his super quick release, not because we had great offensive linemen.

7 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

Cut him then, he has bin no lie the worst olinemen in pass pro this whole year he hasn't bin good the last 3-4 years always with the excuses like I know I didn't have a good year etc... He is durable is he main value 

drunk a little early there boss?

that is ok.  get some sleep and try again in awhile.  i will wait.

5 hours ago, a06cc said:

We see it every game with our eyes. This will be the last time I reply to anything you say to me. I don’t like you. Never have on this forum for years!

hahaha it hurts you don't like me since i am so very fond of you.  oh the great conversations i am surely to miss out on.

be well and hopefully you get some glasses