Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

36 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

LMAO. Man you guys are funny. Not just sports, but in your life in general.... Why would you expect anything less than the best????

then please try to be the best poster on this board....  cause right now???  Not so much

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Lol. Well I believe Ballard alluded to the fact we weren't going to be a large player in the big splash signings. Don't be disappointed in what he already hinted to not being a part of. I'm sure he looked at all these guys, wanted several but set a limit. It's like being at an auction and thinking man, I want that item and the bidding starts out in a flurry and quiclkly surpasses what you want to pay for a used item. 

That makes sense. Like I said I didn't expect any big ones, just got a little excited for free agency is all. Always want so me news to cling on this time of year lol. I know the colts are going to do well. 

3 minutes ago, KB said:

That makes sense. Like I said I didn't expect any big ones, just got a little excited for free agency is all. Always want so me news to cling on this time of year lol. I know the colts are going to do well. 

my guess is some late night moves.

4 minutes ago, KB said:

Oh there is nothing wrong with excitement and hopes. I hope every year we go out and get 2-3 of those big name guys and make the drastic turn around of the defense only to be brought back to disappointment that we got the 35 y/o broken down player who 5 years ago was the hot name, even if it was a "good team price", it's still an older player and never has made a difference. 

I love this time as well. It's football, it's the start of the fresh build and makes me wonder how the heck we Americans value a guy making 25 mil/ year to play a friggin game while whining he isn't making enough to reward his talents. Makes you appreciate the Manning types and Brady's who make a crap load of money but don't hear any whine about being underpaid. I'd almost wish they would cap each position and lower season ticket prices for the everage guy again but I digress ...

Look at the money these guys are getting though.  No one ever wants to think that the money is going to be crazy.  People under value the contract value for FA and get upset when we do not make a lot of moves.  We need a good amount of help so going and signing a few guys for huge contracts is not smart cap wise.  Ballard said he would be very specific on guys he brings in and wants to build through the draft as well.  Again, this is something more like a 2 year build not an overnight change.

1 minute ago, GusBus24 said:

Jags def is going to be nasty. I think this team is only a solid QB and RB away. AFC south is going to keep getting more tough!

Well... that could be a good thing.  Our superbowl run came with a much tougher division than now.

1 minute ago, GusBus24 said:

Jags def is going to be nasty. I think this team is only a solid QB and RB away. AFC south is going to keep getting more tough!

They need a lot of help on the OL as well. You're right though. The division is quickly becoming very competitive.

2 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Who in the right mind would sign with the Jags?.

AJ and Campbell so far.  They have a pretty solid D.  The right coaching can make that team scary.  Still some draft picks to fix some offensive issues.

Honestly looking at the numbers with these guys it makes me not want them. Not because they would be to expensive but because they arnt here to win. Just to get as much money as possible (don't blame them for that). We need people that want to win no matter what their pay is. We need a winning culture in the locker room not a rich one.

Just now, Jason_S said:

I'm actually more disappointed by this than I am Zeitler signing with Cleveland.  Still though there are some quality OGs still available.

Me too. I wasn't expecting us to make big moves in FA. But I thought we would atleast get 1 starter. Of course there's still a lot of time. Cough cough Brandon Williams...

20 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Oh there is nothing wrong with excitement and hopes. I hope every year we go out and get 2-3 of those big name guys and make the drastic turn around of the defense only to be brought back to disappointment that we got the 35 y/o broken down player who 5 years ago was the hot name, even if it was a "good team price", it's still an older player and never has made a difference. 

I love this time as well. It's football, it's the start of the fresh build and makes me wonder how the heck we Americans value a guy making 25 mil/ year to play a friggin game while whining he isn't making enough to reward his talents. Makes you appreciate the Manning types and Brady's who make a crap load of money but don't hear any whine about being underpaid. I'd almost wish they would cap each position and lower season ticket prices for the everage guy again but I digress ...

That's the dumbest thing I've read on here in some time...

The players are the only reason football exists. The NFL and the teams make billions of dollars off these guys while paying them a minute portion of those profits. All the while retaining all the power in negotiations and capping the salary of rookies. 

And please stop talking about Brady and Manning like they played for free. They are probably the highest paid NFL players ever. Even now, Brady's contracts are structured in a way that benefits him. Get outta here

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Me too. I wasn't expecting us to make big moves in FA. But I thought we would atleast get 1 starter. Of course there's still a lot of time. Cough cough Brandon Williams...

poe, brandon williams, hightower, j sheard, and a few more that havent really been talked about yet

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

??????

Without knowing what he's talking about...if he's knocking us, he's a bit too diva. It ain't like you've torn up the nfl world bro, you can easily be replaced.