Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommended Posts

Just now, BCoop said:

 

Yep. Kind of reminiscent to last year with Kelly. Rarely see Centers taken in the first but when it's such a huge need and the guy is a homerun prospect at the position, sometimes it just comes together for you.

 

Good analogy.    Good comparison. 

 

That pretty much sums it up nicely....

 

Thanks for saying that.....       :thmup:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Virtuoso80 said:

 

Dang, how is it the Jags are in on every single big name FA....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I desperately want pass rush in the first round.     But Reddick would be an exception to the rule for me.    I think he oozes NFL talent and I think he's got TOUGHNESS and WINNER written all over him. 

 

I'm NOT a big fan of inside linebackers in the first round,  but for the right guy,  and I think Reddick is that type of guy,   I'd make an exception.     Just too good.

 

I love the fact that he was a walk-on at Temple as a CB, worked his tail off to convert to DE (did excellent), then on short notice played ILB in the Senior Bowl (did excellent). That tells me he's hard working, resilient, extremely coachable, and has a great football IQ. Add that to his explosive athleticism and I don't see how you could go wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Pass

At 14.5 million heck yes. That's top 3 receiver money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Dang, how is it the Jags are in on every single big name FA....

 

They've got young, INEXPENSIVE talent.    So, they're got TONS of money to spend for about the 100th year in a row!  

 

Sucks for us.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shive said:

I love the fact that he was a walk-on at Temple as a CB, worked his tail off to convert to DE (did excellent), then on short notice played ILB in the Senior Bowl (did excellent). That tells me he's hard working, resilient, extremely coachable, and has a great football IQ. Add that to his explosive athleticism and I don't see how you could go wrong.

 

You said it better than I did!     Yes, to all the above!

 

Really a man-crush we both have on him....   it'll be interesting on the first night of the draft......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Dang, how is it the Jags are in on every single big name FA....

That doesn't mean it will happen or even work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

You said it better than I did!     Yes, to all the above!

 

Really a man-crush we both have on him....   it'll be interesting on the first night of the draft......

 

Not ashamed one bit....haha

 

I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, but it'll certainly be interesting to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the right price, I wouldn't be mad. He was pretty solid in a 3-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shive said:

For the right price, I wouldn't be mad. He was pretty solid in a 3-4.

Do we really want another Eagles player?  Not a single one has panned out to date....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, csmopar said:

Do we really want another Eagles player?  Not a single one has panned out to date....

 

Winston justice was OK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Do we really want another Eagles player?  Not a single one has panned out to date....

I wouldn't pigeon-hole every player from the Eagles. They signed him fresh off a few solid seasons in Houston, then switched to a 4-3 a year or 2 later. For a reasonable contract, I'd be ok with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't aware of that, but it could bode well for us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Wonder why they want to replace cooks with him?

From what I've gathered, it's not a move to replace Cooks, just a severely belated move to replace Devery Henderson (KR).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be happy with Chris Baker and Connor Barwin for starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 mil possibly more a year for Jeffery??? Umm no thanks. Not worth it in my eyes. And we've gotta get this D straight!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

 

 

If Romo and Calais Campbell go to Denver, that makes them the favorite in the AFC West and SB contender IF Romo stays healthy, IMO. At least Peyton had a better injury history before the Broncos signed him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if ballard goes out and signs a WR with an injury history, would that instantly make him the same as Grigs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd be happy with Chris Baker and Connor Barwin for starters.

Not world beaters, but upgrades. Chris Baker would make a nice rotation piece with Anderson, Langford and Ridgeway. I wonder if Ridgeway could play nose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Not world beaters, but upgrades. Chris Baker would make a nice rotation piece with Anderson, Langford and Ridgeway. I wonder if Ridgeway could play nose.

 

Chris Baker was rated higher than both Poe and Brandon Williams on PFF, I'd say he is starter material for both 4-3 and 3-4 fronts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, backshoulderfade said:

I think Zeitler was always going to get over 10 mil per anyway.

Yea Zeitler is look at $12mil/year type money probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

if ballard goes out and signs a WR with an injury history, would that instantly make him the same as Grigs?

?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would take Baker or Hankins.  Actually I would love both honestly.  Those two and Langford starting with Anderson and Ridgeway rotating would be pretty nasty.  I doubt it happens but dreaming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

Chris Baker was rated higher than both Poe and Brandon Williams on PFF, I'd say he is starter material for both 4-3 and 3-4 fronts.

But from what I have seen and read, he is a 3-4 end, rather than a nose tackle. I'm not saying Baker wouldn't start, but if everyone is healthy then there isn't a major downgrade when rotated out. Everyone stays fresher and produces more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

if ballard goes out and signs a WR with an injury history, would that instantly make him the same as Grigs?

No, he still has to mess up a lot of drafts and trades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

But from what I have seen and read, he is a 3-4 end, rather than a nose tackle. I'm not saying Baker wouldn't start, but if everyone is healthy then there isn't a major downgrade when rotated out. Everyone stays fresher and produces more.

 

If we do get Chris Baker, start running a 1-gap 3-4 like Wade Philips does, let Chris Baker and TY McGill play the gap shooting NTs and rotate the others at DE, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...