Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Shive said:

Brandon Williams is my preference just to have a good NT for once that's actually a NT and not a guy that can rotate on the line.

I agree, that is why I said if Chris Baker is signed, run a 1-gap 3-4 like Wade Philips runs with Baker and McGill the gap shooting lighter NTs with others rotated at DE (Langford, Anderson, Jones, Kerr)

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Why... what does Jeffery have that is worth 14 million?

Not for signing him at that price, but will play devil's advocate. He is one of the most physically imposing wideouts in the league, he wins contested catches at a higher rate than anyone and he has a very high level of production l.

Just now, backshoulderfade said:

Not for signing him at that price, but will play devil's advocate. He is one of the most physically imposing wideouts in the league, he wins contested catches at a higher rate than anyone and he has a very high level of production l.

When he's on the field, and that's the big issue with him.

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

Brandon Williams is my preference just to have a good NT for once that's actually a NT and not a guy that can rotate on the line.

He's definitely my preference, but from what I'm seeing, it sounds like he's working with the Ravens as are the Ravens with him to stay in Baltimore. Not sure how much of a chance any team is gonna get, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, backshoulderfade said:

I dont think he will get that much.

1 minute ago, Virtuoso80 said:

I dont think he will get that much.

Why not?  It is FA and teams need WR's.  You have guys like the Titans and Eagles that have some money and need someone like that.  If he stays healthy and goes to the Titans that would be a killer twice a year.  Colts can stay in the mix to drive the price up so the Titans stay away.

3 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Why not?  It is FA and teams need WR's.  You have guys like the Titans and Eagles that have some money and need someone like that.  If he stays healthy and goes to the Titans that would be a killer twice a year.  Colts can stay in the mix to drive the price up so the Titans stay away.

yeah, but with his injury history?

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Kind of interesting...

This really isn't that surprising. 

He has all kinds of talent but I've felt for a while that Moncrief only shows up once he's inside the 20. He's a TD vulture that disappears in the middle of the field.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

What is he basing that on?   

I honestly never got that impression about Moncrief, but by this point Ballard's probably watched the past 2 seasons worth of Colts games, and spent a good amount of time with the Colts staff, so I wouldn't doubt that there's some truth to it.