Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, BCoop said:

No. Luck is 27 not 37.

Going all in to win now is the worst thing that Ballard could do. Some of these contracts are going to hamstring teams for the next 3-5 years. 12 mil per for a 35 year old tackle? Estimated 13-15 mil for a CB (Bouye) that has had ONE strong year with an outstanding defense when the draft has 10-12 guys with grades in the top 2 rounds? 12-13 mil for a RG when we have young guys to fill the role already? I'll pass every time if that's the going rate. Build through the draft. Supplement with affordable depth.

Great perspective!!! Be smart and not just get caught up in the here and now. 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Who cares? he is a 3-4 ILB playing in a 4-3 he doesn't fit there anymore. Plus he is cheaper to trade for then sign in Free Agency.

Who cares?

The guy is going to make $16 mil+ the next two years. I would be shocked if someone paid him over $8 mil per with the production he's had in Philly. I don't give a crap if he's 26 years old. Poor performance doesn't discriminate.

Combine that with the fact that you're giving away a young WR with potential in either scenario. Good grief. Some of you guys have lost your minds this offseason.

Never go full Madden.

Just now, aaron11 said:

i think moncrief is over rated here, he hasnt even averaged 500 yards a season

Plus no one seems to understand that when this trade was brought up it was under theach impression that we signeed Jeffery so that makes Moncrief expendable 

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

I say we draft one. Kendricks is a huge question mark at this point for me.

it will have to be early, or we will end up with guys not better than what we have now

foster would be great, but we cant just sit at 15 and expect to get him

2 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Who cares?

The guy is going to make $16 mil+ the next two years. I would be shocked if someone paid him over $8 mil per with the production he's had in Philly. I don't give a crap if he's 26 years old. Poor performance doesn't discriminate.

Combine that with the fact that you're giving away a young WR with potential in either scenario. Good grief. Some of you guys have lost your minds this offseason.

Never go full Madden.

Please go look at Kendricksome in his 3-4 play with the eagles stop looking at his stats when he clearly isn't a fit he was a top linebacker in the eagles 3-4. He's 10 times better then anyone we have but sure keeping spewing nonsense that he's terrible 

Just now, aaron11 said:

it will have to be early, or we will end up with guys not better than what we have now

foster would be great, but we cant just sit at 15 and expect to get him

Personally, I'm a fan of Haason Reddick at 15, or even a small trade back

1 minute ago, BCoop said:

Because the only option is to either trade a valuable asset for Kendricks or roll with what we got, right?

A valuable asset haha ok as was mentioned we don't trade Moncrief unless we sign Jeffery and Dorsett hasn't done crap 

24 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Who cares?

Never go full Madden.

Assuming we trade for Kendricks, and I thought that got shot down yesterday,  he is set to make $11 Million over the next TWO years and 18 Million over the next 3 years.     His contract is very reasonable.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/mychal-kendricks-9856/

As for how he plays,  I'd take the judgement of Ballard, the coaches and the scouts over fans every time.

48 minutes ago, BCoop said:

No. Luck is 27 not 37.

Going all in to win now is the worst thing that Ballard could do. Some of these contracts are going to hamstring teams for the next 3-5 years. 12 mil per for a 35 year old tackle? Estimated 13-15 mil for a CB (Bouye) that has had ONE strong year with an outstanding defense when the draft has 10-12 guys with grades in the top 2 rounds? 12-13 mil for a RG when we have young guys to fill the role already? I'll pass every time if that's the going rate. Build through the draft. Supplement with affordable depth.

I'd agree with you except the fact if Luck wants 2 or 3, possibly 4 super bowls. We need to win now. We aren't going to win 3 or 4 in a row like the Patriots. It is too hard to do that now days. We have the cap space. We might as well sign players that upgrade our roster. Yes we have to be smart. But our division is getting ready to get a whole lot tougher, and we can NOT sit back and wait it out. We have Luck, but we do need a better team to compete with the big boys. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Assuming we trade for Kendricks, and I thought that got shot down yesterday,  he is set to make $11 Million over the next TWO years and 18 Million over the next 3 years.     His contract is very reasonable.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/mychal-kendricks-9856/

As for how he plays,  I'd take the judgement of Ballard, the coaches and the scouts over fans every time.

Maybe I'm reading the Spotrac page wrong. It looks like to me like his signing bonus is spread throughout the life of the contract which adds $3.2 million. Does this stay on the Eagles books if traded?  

29 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Reggie Wayne:

2003 Indianapolis Colts 16 68 838 12.3 52.4 57T 7 8 1 49 0

2002 Indianapolis Colts 16 49 716 14.6 44.8 49 4 11 4 35 2

2001 Indianapolis Colts 13 27 345 12.8 26.5 43 0 6 1 19 0

Moncrief:

2016 Indianapolis Colts 9 30 307 10.2 34.1 39 7 3 0 22 0

2015 Indianapolis Colts 16 64 733 11.5 45.8 33 6 9 0 40 0

2014 Indianapolis Colts 16 32 444 13.9 27.8 79T 3 7 3 15 0

29 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

From a pure yardage standpoint, Dorsett actually outproduced Moncrief last year by 200+ yards, on only 3 more catches. But in Moncrief's defense, he does most of his work in the red zone, which translates to TDs. And now with no Dwayne Allen, he's likely the top red zone target.

15 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Maybe I'm reading the Spotrac page wrong. It looks like to me like his signing bonus is spread throughout the life of the contract which adds $3.2 million. Does this stay on the Eagles books if traded?  

Yes, since it's already been paid.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

From a pure yardage standpoint, Dorsett actually outproduced Moncrief last year by 200+ yards, on only 3 more catches. But in Moncrief's defense, he does most of his work in the red zone, which translates to TDs. And now with no Dwayne Allen, he's likely the top red zone target.

Moncrief was out for 7 games....

Doresett:

2016 Indianapolis Colts 15 7 33 528 16.0 64T 2 2 10 5.0 7 0 1 0

2015 Indianapolis Colts 11 0 18 225 12.5 35T 1 3 17 5.7 11 0 2 1

11 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I'd agree with you except the fact if Luck wants 2 or 3, possibly 4 super bowls. We need to win now. We aren't going to win 3 or 4 in a row like the Patriots. It is too hard to do that now days. We have the cap space. We might as well sign players that upgrade our roster. Yes we have to be smart. But our division is getting ready to get a whole lot tougher, and we can NOT sit back and wait it out. We have Luck, but we do need a better team to compete with the big boys. 

I get what you're saying. But, if that's true, what Luck wants and what is realistic are two completely different things. We don't need to win right now for Luck to get 2 Super Bowls. Manning was 31 when he won his first. Elway was 38. Plunkett was 34. Staubach was 30. Bart Starr was 33. Obviously the league has changed a lot over time, but my point remains. We need to be cautious about how we spend precious cap room.

As far as 3-4 Super Bowls, only 4 QB's in the history of the NFL have at least 3 SB wins. I don't think that's a fair expectation to put on anyone.

As far as staying competitive with the division, I think that's a good point. I just personally would rather roll the cap money forward if we don't find guys that would be a good fit. 

7 minutes ago, Finball said:

Yes, since it's already been paid.

I must have missed that then. I didn't see anything that said the signing bonus was all paid up front. It looks to be spread evenly throughout the life of the contract based on the Spotrac page.

9 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Philly paid the entire signing bonus.    The numbers are spread over 5 years because they're pro-rated,  but that's NFL math.     The dollars were paid when the contract was signed.    Kendrick already has that money.

So, the Colts would just pay his salary plus the roster bonuses you see,  but NOT the signing bonus money.   That ship already sailed for Philly,  not the Colts.

Believe me,  NFL math can make your head explode,  but in this case,  it's good for Indy.     In the case of Dwayne Allen,  it's good for New England.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Philly paid the entire signing bonus.    The numbers are spread over 5 years because they're pro-rated,  but that's NFL math.     The dollars were paid when the contract was signed.    Kendrick already has that money.

So, the Colts would just pay his salary plus the roster bonuses you see,  but NOT the signing bonus money.   That ship already sailed for Philly,  not the Colts.

Believe me,  NFL math can make your head explode,  but in this case,  it's good for Indy.     In the case of Dwayne Allen,  it's good for New England.

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. I haven't spent a lot of time reviewing cap complexities so this is good info to know.

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I know that, but they still had pretty much the same amount of receptions. Moncrief had 30, Dorsett had 33.

33... in twice as many games...  and while his ypc is better lets not forget Dorsett is supposed to be a burner, where Moncrief is more of a bigger, red zone threat

14 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

The Colts are not built to win NOW.    That's why Grigson is unemployed.     You're taking a fans viewpoint,  not a GM's viewpoint.

I don't pretend to know what's going on with Jeffrey.     Personally,  I want no part of him.    

We can win the South this year and make the playoffs,  but it's highly doubtful that the Colts can make a deep run in the playoffs.     We lack a lot of badly needed talent.