Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR Michael Floyd Released by Cardinals

WarGhost21

Michael Floyd has just been cut by the Arizona Cardinals after a DUI charge. He had a great season last year but hasn't quite been the same this year. With everyone wanting a bigger-bodied receiver here in Indy, should we make an attempt on grabbing him? Thoughts on the surprising release?

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I know many of his friends.  He went to college with some of my daughter's friends.  

Yeah, i don't really want to air dirty laundry on a message board but I'm just saying that I've heard enough to scare me away from signing him.  We could do better anyways.

Why not?  This could be a perfect buy-low opportunity to see if Floyd could mesh with Luck before he hits free agency in the offseason.  Between Crief and Dorsett's multiple setbacks we need another viable option.  

Floyd isnt a violent criminal but he clearly makes stupid decisions.  Maybe some Paganoisms and AA meetings would do him some good to harness the intellect that got him to Notre Dame.

21 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Jamie Collins just wanted to get paid more money and he gets shipped off from one of the best organizations in football to the worst team in the league.  Floyd gets a DUI and goes from an underperforming team to a Super Bowl contender.

LOL- go figure eh.

Dirty Laundry, Shmirty Laundry - I don't care.  It's public record that this guy had DUI's at Notre Dame AND in Phoenix... He is up to like 4.  

To get rewarded for that behavior is one of the MANY and CLEAR reasons the NFL is losing viewership. 

Character actually means something.  You get one ... Fine - Everybody makes mistakes.  FOUR ???  How is this guy not in prison?  And then to watch the NFL PR Baloney after these type of actions is nauseating. 

When you pass out drunk driving a 3,000 pound motor vehicle...you are EXTREMELY LUCKY to ONLY be arrested.

1 hour ago, Colts1919 said:

Dirty Laundry, Shmirty Laundry - I don't care.  It's public record that this guy had DUI's at Notre Dame AND in Phoenix... He is up to like 4.  

To get rewarded for that behavior is one of the MANY and CLEAR reasons the NFL is losing viewership. 

Character actually means something.  You get one ... Fine - Everybody makes mistakes.  FOUR ???  How is this guy not in prison?  And then to watch the NFL PR Baloney after these type of actions is nauseating. 

When you pass out drunk driving a 3,000 pound motor vehicle...you are EXTREMELY LUCKY to ONLY be arrested.

It has also been like 5 years since his last Offense. Is it possible he just fell off the wagon? Any recovering alcoholic can tell you it is a struggle day to day. (Some days are easier than others but always a struggle.)

4 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

Of course the team with one of the most potent if not THE most potent offenses in the league gets another weapon. Why not!?!?! They should make rules against this or something:wall:

i thought he was on the waiver wire

that would mean almost every team in the league had to pass before the patriots could get him.  im not sure what the waiver priority is right now, it might have been all 31 other teams

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i thought he was on the waiver wire

that would mean almost every team in the league had to pass before the patriots could get him.  im not sure what the waiver priority is right now, it might have been all 31 other teams

Yea, I don't know how the Patriots do it. You know LeGarrette Blount was also passed over? He left the Patriots as a free agent. No one wanted him, so the Patriots were like, "Welp, guess we'll take him back then. If that's alright."
http://nesn.com/2016/09/bill-belichick-is-just-one-of-the-guys-with-patriots-legarrette-blount/

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:51 PM, WarGhost21 said:

Michael Floyd has just been cut by the Arizona Cardinals after a DUI charge. He had a great season last year but hasn't quite been the same this year. With everyone wanting a bigger-bodied receiver here in Indy, should we make an attempt on grabbing him? Thoughts on the surprising release?

He was claimed by new England already boo.

On 12/15/2016 at 11:23 PM, ReMeDy said:

Yea, I don't know how the Patriots do it. You know LeGarrette Blount was also passed over? He left the Patriots as a free agent. No one wanted him, so the Patriots were like, "Welp, guess we'll take him back then. If that's alright."
http://nesn.com/2016/09/bill-belichick-is-just-one-of-the-guys-with-patriots-legarrette-blount/

He got passed over because he walked off the field during a game.  By himself Blount has character issues that hurt a locker room.

Somehow in some magical way Belichek knows how to deal with him and make him into a good soldier and team player.  

Belichek has some way of turning everyone else's problem children into good soldiers and team players.  And it's amazing that no one else yet has any freaking clue how he does it.  

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

He got passed over because he walked off the field during a game.  By himself Blount has character issues that hurt a locker room.

Somehow in some magical way Belichek knows how to deal with him and make him into a good soldier and team player.  

Belichek has some way of turning everyone else's problem children into good soldiers and team players.  And it's amazing that no one else yet has any freaking clue how he does it.  

Well, other than Albert Haynesworth and Chad Ochocinco, although it might be they just gave up, lol.

16 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Well, other than Albert Haynesworth and Chad Ochocinco, although it might be they just gave up, lol.

Ok so maybe he can't turn everyone around.  

But the reality is he has a way of getting a lot of guys to be team players that honestly no one else could do.  

If it where not for Belichek I'm not sure Blount would still be in the league.  

47 minutes ago, DougDew said:

NE has little tolerance for knuckleheads too, so we'll see how long he lasts there. 

Moss and Blount and some others had some attitude issues, not the real bad issues like has been discussed here with Floyd.

Walking off the field in the middle of a game is a pretty bad issue.  Punching an opponent in the face during a college game because he's mad about losing the game is a pretty bad issue.  Those are both things Blount has done.  

The point is that somehow Belichek often (although not always) has a way of getting the knuckleheads to fall in.

And it helps him a great deal.  No one else wants Blount, so New England gets pretty good production out of him on pretty close to a minimum salary.   

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Walking off the field in the middle of a game is a pretty bad issue.  Punching an opponent in the face during a college game because he's mad about losing the game is a pretty bad issue.  Those are both things Blount has done.  

The point is that somehow Belichek often (although not always) has a way of getting the knuckleheads to fall in.

And it helps him a great deal.  No one else wants Blount, so New England gets pretty good production out of him on pretty close to a minimum salary.   

Blount was fine his first stint with the Pats, and IMO knew if he got cut by the Steelers the Pats would pick him up. (Doesn't hurt he is a feature back here and he plays a lot and he won a ring lol)

also doesn't hurt having Brady there and in their ear as well. But some are tonfar gone (Aaron Hernandez). 

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 3:45 PM, Dudley Smith said:

He could be a huge pickup for the Pats. He is a different type of receiver than Edelman and Hogan and gives Brady another big red zone target (in addition to Bennett) but on the outside. Pats offense is definitely better with this pick-up.

Cant play....until after his (sure to come)  suspension

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Bad decision by NE.....he's facing a suspension...

....on top of his 'issues'

IF he is suspended the Pats lose nothing as he wouldn't be on the 53 man roster AND he doesn't get paid.. also more likely be suspended for next year. Again this guy is a 4th WR option till Amandola comes back.