Jackson Suspended (Merge)

GusBus24

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Very, very nice. 

Id roll with Geathers as a permanent ilb the rest of the season imo. 

Use Butler/Adams as the safeties ; do not start Green if you want any chance at a win please. he's not ready 

I agree.  This is the perfect time to move him to ILB.  He has shown he can be very effective there. I love Butler at Safety.  Robinson goes back to corner when healthy and to the slot in the nickel.  Cole starts in place of Mathis.  Ridgeway has quietly assumed a starting role and has looked good as well.  Another rookie making the grade.  We are now getting better utilization of our players and the defense is getting better every game.  

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Is it just me, or have Colts players been caught with PEDs a lot recently?  Mathis a few years ago, Art Jones, DQ, LaRon Landry, and I feel like I'm missing a few others

All defense guys, and we're not even good at defense. 

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Is it just me, or have Colts players been caught with PEDs a lot recently?  Mathis a few years ago, Art Jones, DQ, LaRon Landry, and I feel like I'm missing a few others

Our GM is pumping them full hoping to win?

25 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

He's not having a good year anyway. I mean this doesn't hurt us one bit IMO. And honestly. I would stick Akeem Ayers at ILB nex to Edwin Jackson.

Well....     you wrote three sentences....

As best I can tell,  they all deserve this.......              :facepalm:

What are you thinking.......?

58 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

He's not having a good year anyway. I mean this doesn't hurt us one bit IMO. And honestly. I would stick Akeem Ayers at ILB nex to Edwin Jackson.

The idea that his loss won't hurt "one bit" is simply nonsense.

57 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....     you wrote three sentences....

As best I can tell,  they all deserve this.......              :facepalm:

What are you thinking.......?

Jackson was having a bad year. .

2015 solo tackles a game-5.5 solo tackles a game......ended up with 89

2016 solo tackles a game-4.3 solo tackles a game....average that out he would have ended with 69

Jackson was on pace for 104 combined tackles this year compared to 150 last year

His loss does not hurt that much other then it could put us in a situation where we see more of Morrison. Morrison was even a little bit better against the run. Both stink against the pass

According to PFF Jackson was not good either

5 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Ayers looks to be pretty good at ILB, and like others have said, Geathers coming back may lessen this blow... unfortunately, we have to bank on winning out and the Viking (especially if AP comes back) and Oakland have pretty good running teams (where DQ's loss will hurt most).  Even if we beat the Texans, we still lose a tie-breaker to them if they win out after we beat them and we lose a game.

5 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I was thinking the same thing... Landry was no surprise... Mathis, AJ, DQ are surprises to me, though.

The amount of time these guys spend at the practice facility and talking to eachother ("being a family" - like Chuck says), makes it a bit hard for me to believe that they are all doing this in their own time and not spilling the beans to anyone about it .. Landry kind of hung out by himself and probably worked out for 5 hours trying to be a body builder away from the facility, so he doesn't shock me.... just kind of surprising Mathis, AJ, and DQ who were all supposed to be 'respected leaders' of this team and veterans have gotten in trouble ... I really hope this isn't an epidemic in our locker room (although, I'm sure every team has multiple players PED'ing). 

5 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

It would be quite the tale if Andrew Luck starts a PED club.

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Jackson was having a bad year. .

2015 solo tackles a game-5.5 solo tackles a game......ended up with 89

2016 solo tackles a game-4.3 solo tackles a game....average that out he would have ended with 69

Jackson was on pace for 104 combined tackles this year compared to 150 last year

His loss does not hurt that much other then it could put us in a situation where we see more of Morrison. Morrison was even a little bit better against the run. Both stink against the pass

According to PFF Jackson was not good either

Gavin.....

It doesn't matter what kind of year DQJ was having.

Do we have ANYONE ELSE WHO IS AS GOOD?       No.      Then it hurts the team.      Period.

Your comments are badly over-thought.

Plus,  the poster I was responding too ended his short post by recommending that we move Akeem Ayers from OLB to ILB.       In less than a week.       That was his solution to the problem.      You OK with that,  because that's part of my response......

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Gavin.....

Do we have ANYONE ELSE WHO IS AS GOOD?       No.      Then it hurts the team.      Period.

Plus,  the poster I was responding too ended his short post by recommending that we move Akeem Ayers from OLB to ILB.       In less than a week.       That was his solution to the problem.      You OK with that,  because that's part of my response......

I don't know how you view Ayers, but he's a much better option than Morrison or McNary. Ayers is athletic and has shown to at least be capable of dropping back in coverage

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Gavin.....

Ayers has been on the roster since September the 6th. My point was taking out Jackson does not hurt much simply because your taking out a 2 down thumper and replacing him with a 2 down thumper in Morrison. Morrison according to PFF grades against the run has been better in less chances this year than Jackson. Thats not saying much because Jackson has not been very good but its not like we lost a 3 down linebacker and had to replace him with a 2 down linebacker

3 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Ayers has been on the roster since September the 6th. My point was taking out Jackson does not hurt much simply because your taking out a 2 down thumper and replacing him with a 2 down thumper in Morrison. Morrison according to PFF grades against the run has been better in less chances this year than Jackson. Thats not saying much because Jackson has not been very good but its not like we lost a 3 down linebacker and had to replace him with a 2 down linebacker

Your just going from bad to worse here......

If Morrison was better than Jackson,  don't you think Morrison would be playing more?       As it is,  he's been playing mostly special teams.

Come on now......

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Your just going from bad to worse here......

If Morrison was better than Jackson,  don't you think Morrison would be playing more?       As it is,  he's been playing mostly special teams.

Come on now......

This depends on how much you value PFF grades:

Morrison-44.4 overall grade, 60.4 against the run, 43.9 in coverage

Jackson-43.0 overall grade 51.0 against the run. 46.9 Coverage

Both have been bad this year all around but give Morrison as many snaps as Jackson has had then he will still grade out poorly against the pass most likely. But give Morrison the 275 run defense snaps that Jackson has had and he will grade out better against the run

I don't think the coaches look at it as if Morrison is worse than Jackson so lets just stick with Jackson. I think they see Morrison as the incumbent to be to replace Jackson if not next year then certainly the year after. I would not be surprised if the Colts moved on from Jackson this offseason either given his dip in production and not using him as much and his.

His dead cap to cut him is $250,000,

$5,750,000.00 if we keep him next year according to spotrac

Personally I want 2 cover ilb's and would not have touched Morrison.. One for Mike and Will but I think Morrison will be replacing Jackson

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

I don't know how you view Ayers, but he's a much better option than Morrison or McNary. Ayers is athletic and has shown to at least be capable of dropping back in coverage

Ayers also has played ilb in NE it's not "new" to him 

8 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah, but I think it's league-wide.  A LOT of other guys are getting popped as well.  Seems to be an "old man" syndrome.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Anyone know who would be calling the defensive signals that are called in?

And who would be responsible for adjustments made before the snap?

Oh yeah....................................

I'm sure they've had a backup signal caller ready just in case but DQ being out is a bigger deal than some are making it.