Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jackson Suspended (Merge)

GusBus24

4 hours ago, Gavin said:

This depends on how much you value PFF grades:

Morrison-44.4 overall grade, 60.4 against the run, 43.9 in coverage

Jackson-43.0 overall grade 51.0 against the run. 46.9 Coverage

Both have been bad this year all around but give Morrison as many snaps as Jackson has had then he will still grade out poorly against the pass most likely. But give Morrison the 275 run defense snaps that Jackson has had and he will grade out better against the run

I don't think the coaches look at it as if Morrison is worse than Jackson so lets just stick with Jackson. I think they see Morrison as the incumbent to be to replace Jackson if not next year then certainly the year after. I would not be surprised if the Colts moved on from Jackson this offseason either given his dip in production and not using him as much and his.

His dead cap to cut him is $250,000,

$5,750,000.00 if we keep him next year according to spotrac

Personally I want 2 cover ilb's and would not have touched Morrison.. One for Mike and Will but I think Morrison will be replacing Jackson

We sure love big slow ILBs that suck in coverage 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your just going from bad to worse here......

If Morrison was better than Jackson,  don't you think Morrison would be playing more?       As it is,  he's been playing mostly special teams.

Come on now......

It's because were playing Jackson much more. It's the way it is in pro sports.

5 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Didn't they work out Nate Irving a month ago again and passed? Sounds like he may have been hurt and not up to speed yet. I wonder if he is good to go now?

No idea on his physical health but his tweeting habits are healthy.

16 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

I know he's the vocal leader on the D but is it really that big of a loss?

Just the defensive play calling and getting the LBs and DL in the right gaps alone will be huge for the defense.  You can't expect Mike Adams to get all 3 levels of the defense aligned.  It will be some growing pains out there on Sunday.  Exactly how it should be though.  Time for us to see what we have in these young guys.

19 hours ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

Yes.  I know he isn't the player he used to be,  but we lose leadership along with a defensive captain.  He was the veteran who got everyone in the correct locations.  They will miss that most of all.

And of course,  he's much much better than Morrison or mcnary.  Wonder if we sign Nate Irving now? I would...he knows the playbook and could step right it. 

Someone who volaites regulations should not be concidered a leader......EVER

2 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Someone who volaites regulations should not be concidered a leader......EVER

You do realize that's like all of man.  Every president we've had, leader we've had, NFL player, coach, etc. has all violated some regulation.  If you think you can make it to the height of anything without having to push the limits of the rules then you are naive.

20 hours ago, snkdy said:

Since he has a concussion, and the suspension typically starts when you're healthy, he'd still miss the first game no?

I read his suspension starts right away and he'll be eligible to return after the Jacksonville game.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Getting Geathers back is huge. How good is Ayers in coverage? Better than Morrison? Whoever plays probably won't have the instincts of D'Quell but hopefully can play well enough so the drop off won't be so apparent.

We might not even see that much of Morrison though.  If the Texans are smart they'll attack us out of the Shotgun formation like they did for much of the last matchup.   They were killing us with all those draws, screens and whatever else. If they stay in the shotgun then I am going to assume we will counter that with some of our backers that can run.

5 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

It will be interesting to see what happens. Getting Geathers back is huge. How good is Ayers in coverage? Better than Morrison? Whoever plays probably won't have the instincts of D'Quell but hopefully can play well enough so the drop off won't be so apparent.

Ayers is pretty good in coverage although we will need him as a pass rusher.  Trent Cole does kind of alleviate some of the pass rush issues though so maybe you can play Ayers in coverage a bit more while sending Walden, Cole, Mathis or Edwards.

15 hours ago, Gavin said:

Ayers has been on the roster since September the 6th. My point was taking out Jackson does not hurt much simply because your taking out a 2 down thumper and replacing him with a 2 down thumper in Morrison. Morrison according to PFF grades against the run has been better in less chances this year than Jackson. Thats not saying much because Jackson has not been very good but its not like we lost a 3 down linebacker and had to replace him with a 2 down linebacker

Morrison runs like he has a high ankle sprain. You can PFF till you are Colts Blue in the face but Morrison is so obviously weak outside the tackles, an OC can game plan much of his Offense around attacking 44.
 He is Easy Pickins.  lol
  Our D is a Dud and the sooner our young guys get PT, the better. JMO of course.

Joe Bannon, former Cleveland GM, said this afternoon on NFL Insiders that the loss of DQ is a big deal for the Colts.  He said the biggest part of his loss are his leadership abilities.  In all of his years in the NFL he said no one was more important to his team regarding leadership on the team than DQ.  The only player he would put ahead of him was Brian Dawkins.  Besides being an every down player and our leading tackler he calls all the defensive signals and alignments.  He really praised him and called him the unquestioned leader of our defense. The other analysts were somewhat surprised that he put him right up there with Dawkins.  

On 12/6/2016 at 4:01 PM, PeterBowman said:

I know he's the vocal leader on the D but is it really that big of a loss?

There really isn't a lot behind him.  

Not that he's that great right now but behind him you have Morrison and McNary and neither are that good.