Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early Thursday night Steelers @ Colts PREDICTIONS

AllYouNeedIsLuck

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

0-5 against them in the playoffs.  Post season losses in 75, 76, 95, 96, 2005.

6-22 against the Steelers all-time.  They own us.

Looking at NFL history the Steelers were actually the laughingstock of football from their inception all the way up until the 70s. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

If Pittsburgh comes out in those ugly hamburgler uniforms again..."hide your children and hide your wife" because they're fittin to put up another fiddy on us.  lol 

The prison unis you mean. I can't believe they still wear those. Some of the younger fans probably don't remember but it was the 1994 season, the 75th anniversary of the NFL, when a lot of these horrid unis got their start. The Colts are classic, they never needed one. Some are horrid like Washington, GB, and Pitt..

18 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

The Steelers completely own the Colts.

Bell, Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown absolutely murder us each and every time we play.

If the Colts lose, the Vikings look like they're coming back into form and the Raiders are pretty solid. This will be looking like a 7-9 or 8-8 team all over again.

We could definitely beat the Vikings imo

15 hours ago, IinD said:

Yeah that's why I can't say or feel they'll win.

They're just one of 'those' teams against us. Bad things usually happen...for us.

Same was true of the Chargers. Won that one.... I'm not predicting a win, but anything can happen in the NFL.

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

No matter what, whoever has Tickets do not sell it to anyone wearing close to black and gold hats, shirts whatever :)

Its not like their fans do not travel well, we need some semblance of home field at our place

I hate to say it but with the Steelers fans already traveling well and the Colts having a mediocre season to this point, you can expect to see a lot of Steelers fans on Thursday.

16 hours ago, IinD said:

Absolutely agree, our SB wins should have been 05,06 ....at a minimum.

05 Colts were way better then 06.

Colts were arguable contenders in 04 and a lot of high hopes for that season died. I really thought we were going to win the SB in 05, what a special year. 06-07, and then again in 09 were the years Indy had to prove they were a true dynasty. 

12 hours ago, chad72 said:

No matter what, whoever has Tickets do not sell it to anyone wearing close to black and gold hats, shirts whatever :)

Its not like their fans do not travel well, we need some semblance of home field at our place

This is really the only home game that STHs have a chance to make some decent money on selling their tickets this season because the others aren't really all that great.  Couple that with it being a holiday and unfortunately I see a lot of terrible towels flying on Thursday in LOS.  

31-26 Steelers.  I honestly think the Colts have a shot but the Steelers are their kryptonite.  I hope the Colts play their best game of the year and get a win but I am not sold.  I still think they can beat Minnesota, New York, Jax and Houston to get to 9 wins.  We'll have to see what happens to the Texans in their next 4.  @Oak, Vs SD @ Green Bay @ Indy, they could arguably lose all 4.  All though Green Bay may have nothing to play for.  

I'll be interested to see what our strategy is to deal with these guys on defense.  Wouldn't surprise me if Monachino rolls out a number of Tampa 2 looks with Geathers or maybe Green covering the deep middle.  I'm sure he's going to mix up a bunch of stuff.

2 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

31-26 Steelers.  I honestly think the Colts have a shot but the Steelers are their kryptonite.  I hope the Colts play their best game of the year and get a win but I am not sold.  I still think they can beat Minnesota, New York, Jax and Houston to get to 9 wins.  We'll have to see what happens to the Texans in their next 4.  @Oak, Vs SD @ Green Bay @ Indy, they could arguably lose all 4.  All though Green Bay may have nothing to play for.  

Wouldn't surprise me if Green Bay fired Dom Capers in the off season.   I've thought they needed to upgrade over him for a little while now.

35 minutes ago, krunk said:

The Steelers are missing a good deal of pieces on the offense and Cameron Heyward on defense.  I believe we got a shot but we have to really come with the goods.   Needs to be our best game of the season.

Chuck and the defensive coaches need to borrow tips from the Bengals' secondary plan which always seems to limit Antonio Brown in some fashion, whether it is playing zone, letting him catch a few yards underneath and make the sure tackle or whatever it is. It seems like they manage to beat our man coverage more often than not, so we have to change something up this time.

LeVeon Bell, follow the Ravens' plan, if you can stop them on early downs. Don't get caught in the backfield thinking you have him because Bell is patient, waits for his blocks and then hits the hole fast. So, if he evades you in the backfield, more holes to choose from in front of him. It is almost like you have to get the stalemate at the line of scrimmage and stay patient with your blocks on the OL before bottling him up without overpursuit.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Chuck and the defensive coaches need to borrow tips from the Bengals' secondary plan which always seems to limit Antonio Brown in some fashion, whether it is playing zone, letting him catch and make the sure tackle or whatever it is. 

LeVeon Bell, follow the Ravens' plan, if you can stop them on early downs. Don't get caught in the backfield thinking you have him because Bell is patient, waits for his blocks and then hits the hole fast. So, if he evades you in the backfield, more holes to choose from in front of him. It is almost like you have to get the stalemate at the line of scrimmage and stay patient with your blocks on the OL before bottling him up without overpursuit.

Our tackling will need to be just as on point as the Titans game.   I don't think this game will be like last years game because Luck should be able to sustain some drives against that defense.  Last year we were not able to sustain any drives to give the defense any help.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Green Bay fired Dom Capers in the off season.   I've thought they needed to upgrade over him for a little while now.

I agree, I actually said after the game last night that they'd fire McCarthy too.  They've gave up more than 30 in 4 straight games, two games over 40 in that stretch.  If they still have a playoff spot to play for, I still think they beat the Texans at home.  Just my opinion.

Just now, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree, I actually said after the game last night that they'd fire McCarthy too.  They've gave up more than 30 in 4 straight games, two games over 40 in that stretch.  If they still have a playoff spot to play for, I still think they beat the Texans at home.  Just my opinion.

I think they'll beat Houston too.  Simply because Houston doesn't put enough points on the board.

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think they'll beat Houston too.  Simply because Houston doesn't put enough points on the board.

I agree.  I mean they've won one game on the road and it was by 3 against the Jags.  I think they get a break because the Oakland game is on a neutral field and the Packers are a dumpster fire.  It'd be really nice if they go 1-3 or or 0-4 in the next 4 games.  I think SD can beat them.  I guess we'll see. I'll be watching the game tonight and rooting for the Raiders.

We're just too damn inconsistent. 

Lets just face facts here: this team is not going to play 60 minutes of good football this season. The coaching staff isn't capable of it, nor is the talent on the field. We have struggled to play more good football than bad all year.

Can we show up and play 45 minutes of bad football and 15 of good and expect to beat the Steelers? The Titans receivers beat us all through the second half yesterday, and pass coverage hasn't exactly been a strength of ours this season. Now we've got the best WR in the league coming to town, and the best all around RB as well. We may well have to play our best game of the season to beat them, because if those two get rolling against us it's gonna be hard to top.

Then I look at our recent meetings with the Steelers and I have to seriously wonder if Tomlin just has pagano's number and knows how to batter him around. If we get blown out of this game like we have the previous two you'd be a fool not to believe that pagano simply cannot figure out how to beat him. 

But it is a must-win game. It is a game we need to keep pace in the division, but it is also a game that we need for, and I cannot believe I am saying this, but at this moment it is relevant, Wild Card positioning. The Steelers are in that exact same position.

We've gotta come ready and execute, and that is an unsettling feeling when it comes to this team for sure. 

12 hours ago, runthepost said:

this need to be the game brown is shadowed by vontae on every down. Please no Melvin or butler or Robinson 

Quite the contrary....Bracket Brown and isolate Vontae on whoever else is out there.  It's the only way to fly on elite receivers, especially Brown.

Your best on their best is a sexy storyline but it isn't necessarily the best gameplan.

13 minutes ago, egg said:

The Colts had five sacks against the Titans, and were close another 3 or 4 times. We all know Big Ben is not mobile. I predict that if the Colts sack him 10 times, they will win....maybe...

We won't sack him no more than 2. Quick throws is how he has killed us the past matchups

13 hours ago, chad72 said:

I have 4 to sell to whoever pays my price. I've seen enough of the roller coaster ride and poor coaching this team gives us most every game. Tired of the game plans they put together and/or try to adjust. When they play more consistently and are more fun to watch, I'll return to my seats. This team is just not as fun to watch as the Manning led teams were. That makes me sad. 

9 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I have 4 to sell to whoever pays my price. I've seen enough of the roller coaster ride and poor coaching this team gives us most every game. Tired of the game plans they put together and/or try to adjust. When they play more consistently and are more fun to watch, I'll return to my seats. This team is just not as fun to watch as the Manning led teams were. That makes me sad. 

I think this is the mindset of A LOT of fans who have tickets. There's nothing wrong with it but I think this is the reasoning behind why we've seen a big influx of opposing fans at games.

19 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

Quite the contrary....Bracket Brown and isolate Vontae on whoever else is out there.  It's the only way to fly on elite receivers, especially Brown.

Your best on their best is a sexy storyline but it isn't necessarily the best gameplan.

This would be something a smart coach like BB would do for his team. I'm not too sure our coaching staff has this kind of smarts to them. Bracket one guy and take him out of the game and allow your best corner to take out the other threat. Now you have to rely on your lb'ers to cover that middle TE route and stop the run. I think this will be a rough game to win using our precious coaching strategy history. 

4 minutes ago, Restored said:

I think this is the mindset of A LOT of fans who have tickets. There's nothing wrong with it but I think this is the reasoning behind why we've seen a big influx of opposing fans at games.

We have had these tickets since 1995 and moved into the new stadium. Not once in the prior years have I ever agreed to sell these tickets to an opposing fan, I'd eat the tickets before I allowed them into the hands of a rival team. Now, I've sold a few games and feel ok with it this season. I hope the next season brings better spirit with this team but I just don't feel as connected with this group as I did all throughout the Manning led teams, even when that team played badly in spurts, I still enjoyed the product. 

The last time we won against Pittsburgh was 2008. I would love to see Luck finally beat these guys. 

That being said. I'm worried this game will come down to our defense needing a stop late in the game to seal the deal. And right now, despite the play the past two games, I don't think they will be able to contain Big Ben.