Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Titans predictions

runthepost

I don't know run. I'll take that score in a Colts win. I'm going down there for that game. Gonna be a long ride back if we lose because the season will without a doubt be over and for the first time besides the Peyton injured suck for Luck year, we will officially be bottom dwellers in the AFC South.... unbelievable to think that could be possible. 

2 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I dont think the Titans are good enough to run away with it but I also dont think the Colts are good enough to pull one out in Nashville.  Titans 33-29.

That looks like 2 TD's and 5 field goals you got for us AZ. I just hope the weather is good so Vin can break the record and get Vandershanks name out of the record books. 

27-26 Colts, Vinatieri makes game winning FG as time expires as Andrew drives us down late to get him in position. This team loves to screw with our emotions and win every other week haha. So a win here will have people talking again about winning the Division because this will put us ahead of the Titans via tiebreaker at 3-4. Texans will get thrashed by the Broncos on Monday Night, then on Tuesday almost everyone in here will be talking Division Title again.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

27-26 Colts, Vinatieri makes game winning FG as time expires as Andrew drives us down late to get him in position. This team loves to screw with our emotions and win every other week haha. So a win here will have people talking again about winning the Division because this will put us ahead of the Titans via tiebreaker at 3-4. Texans will get thrashed by the Broncos on Monday Night, then on Tuesday almost everyone in here will be talking Division Title again.

haha Yeah that wouldn't be shocking at all, it would be very very bad however if they took a bad loss.   

31-24 TEN.

TEN going to control the game. IND will score on their final drive making it a "close" game acting like they will come back and the defense will let TEN get the first down on the I already drive of the game to seal the victory.

1 hour ago, jseg18 said:

I can see someone getting s**t canned if we get blown out.

We won't get blown out though. That rarely happens. We're always in it until the 4th Q, or like last week, we're in it for three quarters and lose it in the 4th Q. Take your pick. The Colts like to give their fans heart attacks by playing with our emotions.

interesting that this thread isn't that optimistic tells everything about the current state of the Colts.  Could the Titans lose this game?  Absolutely.  Get a late game situation where you guys set up a field goal to win is pretty easy money on the bank.  I do think we have a pretty good chance this week.  We're figured out how to score (this was a big problem in the first three weeks).  We're excellent in the red zone.

But we're incapable of blowing teams out...we're not built for that.  It'll be close and that scares everyone around here.  Heck if the Browns don't make a boneheaded decision and go-for-2 when they did, they could have had a much better situation at the end of the last game to force overtime.

We have to get to Luck at least 3 times.  If we do 5 or more, we win.  We also have to limit turnovers.  2 or more, we lose.  If Murray runs for 120+ yards, we win.  60 or less, we lose.

23-20 Titans.

24-17 Tenn

I see Tenn just dominating the time of possession with the run game. Mariotta picking up key 3rd downs with his legs, and a sneaky good Tenn Def keeping our big plays to a minimum. 

Mariota 16/22 220yds 40rush yards 

Murray 22/112/2.....Henry 13/80/1 

Luck 26/33 280/2

Gore 16/66 

TY 4/60

Doyle 5/60/2 

We can't stop the run, and the Titans are good at running.  Our defense is going to have a terrible day... again.

27-24 TEN, TEN ends with ball and gets 1st down with under 2 min remaining and we have no time outs.  And I'll be sitting there confused wondering how we are at the bottom of the worst division in football WITH Luck playing whereas last year we didn't have Luck for most of the year and almost won the division.

Also TEN gets over 200 total yards rushing.

28-20 Titans. It's finally starting to click for Mariota the last couple games, and he's now a threat just like DeMarco Murray is. Mariota throws for 2 tds and Murray runs for 2 tds. Colts lose and this is the first time where Irsay gives serious consideration to firing Pagano and Grigson. With Henry Anderson out, this game will be even more difficult than normal. Don't expect a whole lot this week as far as effort.

1 hour ago, Sevenfeet said:

interesting that this thread isn't that optimistic tells everything about the current state of the Colts.  Could the Titans lose this game?  Absolutely.  Get a late game situation where you guys set up a field goal to win is pretty easy money on the bank.  I do think we have a pretty good chance this week.  We're figured out how to score (this was a big problem in the first three weeks).  We're excellent in the red zone.

But we're incapable of blowing teams out...we're not built for that.  It'll be close and that scares everyone around here.  Heck if the Browns don't make a boneheaded decision and go-for-2 when they did, they could have had a much better situation at the end of the last game to force overtime.

We have to get to Luck at least 3 times.  If we do 5 or more, we win.  We also have to limit turnovers.  2 or more, we lose.  If Murray runs for 120+ yards, we win.  60 or less, we lose.

23-20 Titans.

You're being too modest. Our inability to tackle any player and our players inability to break tackles are a recipe for disaster. You guys will run for over 200 yards.

Titans may put up some decent number rushing wise, but they really don't score very many points.  And their WRs are garbage.   I think their defensive numbers are helped out by that running game and possessing the football.  I've seen them play vs the Texans and they are okay, but nothing special.  I don't see any reason why we'd have trouble moving the football offensively run or pass.  As long as Luck keeps playing like he's been playing and doesn't repeat any of that stuff he did from last years Titans game we'll score points against this club.  Defensively I'm sure we'll let up a few chunk plays against the running backs, but as long as we minimize the damage down to field goals I think we'll be just fine.

1 hour ago, Sevenfeet said:

23-20 Titans.

That's odd!  A Titans fan hasn't had the guts to show up on this board in many many years. 

I'm interested to see if the Titans choose to run more out of the Shotgun in this game, or if they choose to stay with the traditional Dallas Cowboy type of Demarco Murray runs.    We really haven't utilized much of our base 3-4 defensive look this year.  I'm assuming we'll be able to play a lot of it against Tennessee.  The Nickel is more suited for pass defense overall than it is for run defense.  Curious to see if we'll play better run defense in our base 3-4 look.  

24-20 Titans. Like everyone else I think Murray has a huge day. I also think Mariota will have something like 200 pass yards and 40-50 rush yards. Will be another long day for the defense.

Then again, nothing would surprise me and I can see the Colts suddenly playing much better and winning this one. Just no more blown double-digit 4th quarter leads please.

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Over.

I'm predicting somewhere between 250-300.

Remember Mariota will be rushing too.

I agree, we cant stop the run, same as always, cant put pressure on the qb, cant protect luck, we give up big plays, make false starts to kill drives, same problems , different season

Mr. Murray is going to eat good on Sunday.

Breakfast before the game........some pancakes, bacon and something with cheese on it.

Brunch during the game......a whiff of McNary, a scoop of D'Qwell and a large serving of Morrison with some garnishments of Green and Geathers.

Dinner after the game.....a nice steak.  Horse meat even.