Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Elliot Harrison and Heath Evans predict Colts go 6-10 [Merge]

RockThatBlue

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

I like Elliot Harrison, but Heath Evans is a huge Colts hater.  Every chance he gets, he harps on the Colts.  Don't put too much into what he says.

6-10 is a really bad prediction, in my opinion.  Even if we lose all of our 50/50 games, I think we go 8-8.  A lot would have to go wrong for this team to get just 6 wins

The only way we go 6-10 is if Luck god forbid got hurt again. Otherwise its not happening. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have us going 1-5 in our own division...that's the killer.   Sadly, i think that anyone outside the Indy fan zone does not realize the significance the 39 players of 53 injuried last year played into our final record.  

Ok,...the other teams got better, but um..Indy did NOT regress you know.  Maybe they also do not understand how important that first round pick was to Indy....

It makes no difference to me, other than stuff to laugh at.  I was doing the same thing last year when they picked the Colts to go to the Superbowl.  I knew they weren't ready, I just didn't expect Luck to go down.  All this nonsense is just to fill time on a 24-hour NFL Network.  They have to talk about SOMETHING.  Has NO effect on the playing field whatsoever.

1 hour ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

No one in New Zealand has heard of this Evans fella

He's one of those unfortunate ex players who have taken a few too many hits to the head.  They gave him a TV job because they feel sorry for him and want him to think he's still somewhat rational.  

Just go with it and try not to laugh in his face when he starts babbling.

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

He's one of those unfortunate ex players who have taken a few too many hits to the head.  They gave him a TV job because they feel sorry for him and want him to think he's still somewhat rational.  

Just go with it and try not to laugh in his face when he starts babbling.

though i do not agree with his decision on this...Heath DID predict last year, game 1, that the Bills would beat Indy...but um..that is 1 game...

6 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I was doing the same thing last year when they picked the Colts to go to the Superbowl.  I knew they weren't ready,

I honestly thought they were.  I thought Herremans would plug the hole at RG, I thought Johnson would loosen up the passing game enough to help improve the run blocking for Gore, and between Cole, Langford, Adams, Anderson, Parry and Geathers (plus the return of an old yet healthy Mathis) would dramatically improve our defense.

And look at the season - the Colts beat SB champion Denver, took Carolina to overtime and stood toe-to-toe with the Pats.  Who knows what could have happened at the end of the season if the Colts could have just eeked out 1 or 2 more wins and had time to engrain Chud as OC?

Let's be honest. Heath doesn't like the Colts. I can't blame him...he played against us in NE and NO and I kinda think it's ingrained into him. Anytime you hang around that many ex-patriot guys on those networks etc your going to have a bias. It's fine..just admit it and don't pretend to be objective.

Fact is people get tired of the Colts being at the top of the division. It's boring...they want change they want something new and exciting. Unfortunately the Colts have been a model of consistency over the past almost 20 years. A couple down ones but they are a well led organization with a superstar at the right position. This organization is every bit as consistant year in and year out as the Steelers, Ravens, and Packers with maybe the team in New England being a step above. This team is one that is respected amongst fans and insiders alike. Does it mean we have no needs..no holes..certainly not...but we will fight for this division crown right down to the end I'm pretty sure of that. Injuries are the ultimate equalizer as we saw last year but if we remain relatively healthy there is no reason we aren't at the very least in it to the very end. The vote of confidence Irsay gave Grigs and Pagano I think also helps this team this year too. They should be able to act with confidence and not out of fear and that to me is always a good thing. They can relax and do their job without worrying they may not be retained and it also sends a signal to the players as well.

NFL Media's Heath Evans and Elliot Harrison have us getting swept by Houston & beating the Packers in Green Bay. Finish the season 6-10. I don't think with Luck being healthy an improved offensive line, defensive line and 3 excellent Wrs we end up worse than last year. I see us going 10-6. 4-2 at the worst in the division. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training-camps/0ap3000000677215/Indianapolis-Colts-2016-season-outlook

@funk and FL, that is exactly what I have 10-6 and 4-2 in the Division. We aren't getting swept by Houston. They wont win here if Andrew is healthy and playing. We may sweep them if Watt isn't healthy and Hopkins isn't playing. I actually have us losing in GB haha If we are good enough to win in GB then we surely can beat anyone in our Division. Not really sure what the NFL Network people are smoking? Heath is a Colts hater so I guess I shouldn't be shocked by this. He wouldn't go to Vegas and bet any amount of money on us going 6-10 so he is full of nonsense.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Im going to have to do a more in depth schedule review. but for now im looking at 8-8 or 9-7

Same.

I need to see some preseason action too and get a better feel of it all. I been saying for a while though that if this team gets off to a slow start again this year we are in big trouble since week 3 with the Chargers (who always gives us trouble) and week 4 vs. the Jags in London will not be easy likely.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Same.

I need to see some preseason action too and get a better feel of it all. I been saying for a while though that if this team gets off to a slow start again this year we are in big trouble since week 3 with the Chargers (who always gives us trouble) and week 4 vs. the Jags in London will not be easy likely.

In reality most predictions are crapshoots because of the injury factor. If we stay relatively healthy and Andrew plays 16 games I dont see the rationale of anyone picking us to go worse than 8-8, especially 6-10. We went 8-8 last season and Andrew missed 9 games. That would be like me getting on here and saying the Patriots will start 1-3, possibly 0-4 because they don't have Brady to start the 1st 4 games and will finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs just because I don't like them. Everyone knows that isn't going to happen. I do think it's important for us to start quick this season as in 4-1 in our first 5 to give us a cushion because the schedule gets tougher after the 1st 5 games. Everyone of our 1st 5 are very winnable games. I cant wait for opening day because I want to see how Andrew looks in a Regular Season game since his injury.

honestly..i need to know more first.

Who is going to RG?

When is H.Anderson going to come back?

How will Robinson do?

Is it going to be Nate or Sio beside DQ?

Who is on the otherside of Mathis?

These things play out how we are going to do.

If everything turns out well, then yes, 10-11 wins.

But if we cannot get make sure the RG spot is at least solid, and get someone other than just Mathis getting to the QB ( but I do see Mathis having 14+ sacks this year)...then i'm afraid 8-8 might be more the outcome.

We don't want Luck putting games on his shoulders anymore. At least not all season long.  We got to be able to run the ball, protect Luck, and create pressure on other QB's. (I think we will tho...but i still want to see who fills those spots)

4 hours ago, Jules said:

Same.

Yeah our defense is what really concerns me especially with Henry Anderson still rehabing. 

Yeah I understand the concerns. I don't trust our Defense either but I do think Mathis will have a good season. I also think Davis will be better than last season. Injuries play such a huge role that is why it's tough to call. I do agree with Silent Hill though regarding a healthy Andrew Luck should be good for 10 wins. It has never been confirmed but I think he tweaked something in the Buffalo game and then it kept getting worse is why he struggled against them and NY. It was confirmed he got injured in Game 3 against Tennessee as we all know but IMO I think something was wrong before that game. He didn't look right at all against NY. He destroyed Denver. Chud could've had influence on that as well but Andrew looked healthy vs Denver until he got injured again.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think at worse we go 9-7. We could go 9-7 if we cant stay relatively healthy and go 3-3 in the Division. 9-7 isn't a bad prediction but some picking us to go 6-10 are crazy.

I think 9 - 7, too, plus or minus one: Which means 8 - 8 or 10 - 6 is quite possible. A new system and new coaches will take some time if they are going to work. Then, there are always going to be injuries.

Don't get me wrong I'm predicting we win 9, maybe 10 games but... If you look at our roster minus the quarterback position, we have lots of problems. 

RB: relying on a 33 year old running back, with unproven depth behind him.

WR: have a nice trio but no proven depth, who starts if one or God forbid two of our top 3 get injured?

TE: what if Allen gets injured, all of a sudden it's pretty underwhelming.

OL: they should be better this year but we were literally second to last in the league in yards per carry last season.

DL: nice group but the best player Anderson can't be counted on coming off injury especially right away, and Jones got suspended.

Edge: the starters are old, and the depth is completely unproven. 

ILB: reasonably decent group but there is no real star.

S: other than an aging Mike Adams and a currently banged up Clayton Geathers, we have a raw rookie and a special teammer.  

CB: we have a good CB1 in Davis and an improved CB2 in Robinson, but there's not much depth here unless Smith can come out from hiding so Davis better stay healthy. 

I can see why analysts might be down on our roster. But I think Andrew Luck is such a star, that he can take a 6-10 roster to a 9 or 10 win season. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@funk and FL, that is exactly what I have 10-6 and 4-2 in the Division. We aren't getting swept by Houston. They wont win here if Andrew is healthy and playing. We may sweep them if Watt isn't healthy and Hopkins isn't playing. I actually have us losing in GB haha If we are good enough to win in GB then we surely can beat anyone in our Division. Not really sure what the NFL Network people are smoking? Heath is a Colts hater so I guess I shouldn't be shocked by this. He wouldn't go to Vegas and bet any amount of money on us going 6-10 so he is full of nonsense.

I agree, Evans definitely is a Colts hater.

Like some others on here stated, I gotta see how the rest of the pre season plays out. But As long as the injury bug doesn't s* on them, than the colts should be fine. As of now, I see playoff team as a late seed, with the potential to win upwards of 11-12 games if they get key production out of the ILB, 4WR, OLB and 2CB positions.

I don't think the colts are gonna have that great of a season. But I also don't think they'll go 6-10. Didn't they go 8-8 last season? That's two less wins and two more losses then last season. How can this team be any worst then last season???? Health and Elloit doesn't make any sense. I could see them going 8-8 again, before going 6-10.

Don't really understand the 6-10 predictions.

- A healthy #12

- A much improved OL.

- A defensive front, that when healthy, can be very good. (Anderson,Jones,Parry,McGill,Landgford etc)

- I like the depth we have at CB, Mike Adams and Geathers should be a good combo. T.J Green has the potential to be a monster on ST's.

- We still have our kicker and punter.

- Luck still has weapons. Gore, Moncrief, Dorsett, Hilton and Allen. Don't sleep on Jack Doyle. It's time to see what Erik Swoope can do.

The Colts can easily be a 10-6 team and win the division. Even without Luck last year, we still nearly made the playoffs and won the division.

6-10 is just a slap in the face.

57 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Don't really understand the 6-10 predictions.

- A healthy #12

- A much improved OL.

- A defensive front, that when healthy, can be very good. (Anderson,Jones,Parry,McGill,Landgford etc)

- I like the depth we have at CB, Mike Adams and Geathers should be a good combo. T.J Green has the potential to be a monster on ST's.

- We still have our kicker and punter.

- Luck still has weapons. Gore, Moncrief, Dorsett, Hilton and Allen. Don't sleep on Jack Doyle. It's time to see what Erik Swoope can do.

The Colts can easily be a 10-6 team and win the division. Even without Luck last year, we still nearly made the playoffs and won the division.

6-10 is just a slap in the face.

I don't get it either. It may be the dumbest prediction I have ever seen honestly haha 

I don't even know who Elliot Harrison is which is pretty sad and don't even ever listen to anything Heath says.  He looks like a jacked serial killer so I usually just block him out or turn the channel when he appears to avoid any potential nightmares.  

Yes, this coming from a guy with a Michael Myers avatar, hah!!