Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Osweiler to the Texans! (Merge)

corgi

7 minutes ago, Restored said:

If you aren't, watch the second half of the Steelers game, the Raiders game and large portions of the New England game and the San Diego game and tell me how good Brock is. I'll be waiting.

Brock cant run through progressions fast enough, to often locks onto 1st receiver and trys to wait for him to get clear before looking elsewhere, hold onto the ball way top long and gets sacked to often for it , kubick during season kept saying he was worried about brock with all the hits he was taking

supposedly Brock mad at Elway for letting Peyton back in, and refused to take calls over the last 3-4 days , only let his agent speak and didnt try to work much out even though Elway upped offer to 16 miilion & 30 guaranteed  over 4 years, but texans  spending 72 over 4 with like 37 guaranteed is crazy for a huy who started 7 games with a great defense behind him is nuts

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people have proclaimed Peyton Manning the "Best quarterback in our generation."

I have about 45 years of NFL watching, and no one was feared more than Peyton Manning.  No one.  I am not one who lives for number 18 when I say this.

MTE5NDg0MDU0NjA0MzgzNzU5.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyJbWs7ubbhRqZU68a-9L

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Oh boy, the Broncos fans will now be fighting for the AFC West instead of HFA.

Plan B - Colin Kaepernick to the Broncos.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3/9/11187592/breaking-news-brock-osweiler-signing-with-the-houston-texans

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3/9/11185606/report-broncos-will-target-colin-kaepernick-if-osweiler-signs-with

Well, all the Broncos fans that wanted to send Peyton off now wish they had him for 1 more year??? I do wonder what they are thinking.

I looked at the comments and they wish they still had him saying at least he can read the d & once foot better never know , etc Kap they feel will make many a poor decision and has health issues

11 minutes ago, bayone said:

Brock cant run through progressions fast enough, to often locks onto 1st receiver and trys to wait for him to get clear before looking elsewhere, hold onto the ball way top long and gets sacked to often for it , kubick during season kept saying he was worried about brock with all the hits he was taking

supposedly Brock mad at Elway for letting Peyton back in, and refused to take calls over the last 3-4 days , only let his agent speak and didnt try to work much out even though Elway upped offer to 16 miilion & 30 guaranteed  over 4 years, but texans  spending 72 over 4 with like 37 guaranteed is crazy for a huy who started 7 games with a great defense behind him is nuts

Maybe Elway now knows how it feels after what he and his dad did to Ernie Accorsi many years ago. 

41 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Many people have proclaimed Peyton Manning the "Best quarterback in our generation."

I have about 45 years of NFL watching, and no one was feared more than Peyton Manning.  No one.  I am not one who lives for number 18 when I say this.

he was always considered the hardest QB to   prefare for & scheme against against  as such always a chess match instead of checkers

he mentally worse teams down

45 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Exactly. When has Brady been feared without Moss or Gronk?

24 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Shocker...Osweiler fit Kubiak's system...now he has to learn a new system..

..and $18 mil....I understand why Denver balked

How much did he really fit the system? He spent three years working in a Manning type system. Plenty have said Brock prefers what Houston does. 

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

2 hours ago, bayone said:

All things that can be corrected with good coaching. You guys know this. I don't blame Brock for being unhappy with Kubiak pulling him and putting Manning in. He's human like the rest of us.

23 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

All things that can be corrected with good coaching. You guys know this. I don't blame Brock for being unhappy with Kubiak pulling him and putting Manning in. He's human like the rest of us.

Time will tell, I wish him luck, he seemed tailor made for kubiacks system I thought but at times Kubiak actually said he wishes he could do certain things his system requires better so maybe i dont know what it is Kubiak is really doing

, just saying its a ton of money for his history , but u guys sure need a QB, if it doesnt work thats alot of due

Denver also lost today mid LB Danny Trethian to Bears as expected dont know details of signing  , now that Peyton is gone I dont care what happens with Broncos

CJ anderson get tons of interest too, if gets offer and not matched , he is restricted at lowest level and so as undrafted Broncos get no comnpensation

Broncos going to have lots of changes , also with dropping Daniels , Vasquez 

I just hope colts find some gems, we all know its not just talent but how team chemistry merges 

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

But the Texans no longer have to use early draft picks on a mediocre QB and RB.  They can concentrate picks on other areas instead.

Only if brock is any good.   If not,   they are right back in the same boat except for a lot more money

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Only if brock is any good.   If not,   they are right back in the same boat except for a lot more money

Definitely not drafting QB or RB this year.  Let's see what Brock / Miller do for 16 games before deciding about Texans next years draft.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I am not buying that he is Good. Why do you think so many Patriots fans were praying for him to play in the Playoffs? It's because they knew if he played the Broncos would get bounced out and then they would regain HFA.

6 hours ago, Derakynn said:

I don't really think he is much better than Hoyer, though I don't see Brock throwing 4 ints in a playoff game. The difference being Brock has to be making at least 15m. 

Because Brock won't be in the playoffs.

13 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Cliche' lines won't change what Brock is.

13 hours ago, 19colt said:

Exactly. When has Brady been feared without Moss or Gronk?

I just want to let you know that my comment was not a Manning Versus Brady comment.  It is solely what I believe is a true and valid statement.  Thank you for the comment though. :)

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not buying that he is Good. Why do you think so many Patriots fans were praying for him to play in the Playoffs? It's because they knew if he played the Broncos would get bounced out and then they would regain HFA.

We weren't. 

15 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Huge contract for that body of work. I agree with you on one point.I have no problem with him being upset when he was given the hook. But I think it's a monster gamble as he really didn't look all that good in much of his time on the field.

Would I have done it if I were the GM ? Maybe as the team is good other than at QB and there are no other quick fix options out there. The Texans' window to me appears to be now , so maybe that tilts the scales toward this contract. 

16 hours ago, bayone said:

Agree with you. It's no doubt the craziest contract ever given to a QB. Maybe when the details come out , it will be more team friendly ? Dunno as it's hard to get around that reported 37 mill guaranteed. 

16 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

18 million dollars per year for a guy with 7 career starts and who, last year, produced a worse QB rating than the guy he's replacing?

haha 

It makes you wonder what will be Luck's contract....

20 hours ago, Gramz said:
4 hours ago, Restored said:

Cliche' lines won't change what Brock is.

Except it's a fact, not a cliche. The funny thing is that your persistence on trying to tell me how bad a player he is only makes me suspect you're a little worried about what his potential impact could be. 

3 hours ago, dw49 said:

Huge contract for that body of work. I agree with you on one point.I have no problem with him being upset when he was given the hook. But I think it's a monster gamble as he really didn't look all that good in much of his time on the field.

Would I have done it if I were the GM ? Maybe as the team is good other than at QB and there are no other quick fix options out there. The Texans' window to me appears to be now , so maybe that tilts the scales toward this contract. 

Exactly. The Texans are ready to win now. McNair wants to be the first team to play a SB in their own stadium...but he also wanted a young talented passer, as any team does. We will see if his gamble was worth it. The coaches liked what they saw, and that's good enough for me.

17 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Except it's a fact, not a cliche. The funny thing is that your persistence on trying to tell me how bad a player he is only makes me suspect you're a little worried about what his potential impact could be. 

Not true. I'd run off a list of players that have had multiple coaches and still fall prey to their own blemishes time and time again but that'd involve me doing something you should already know. But I understand you are looking at this with rose colored glasses since the Texans have never any semblance of a decent QB. I've actually watched Brock play and his performances have been extremely hot and cold. I realize you think the Texans just won the lottery but the reality is that he is wildly inconsistent.

7 minutes ago, Restored said:

Not true. I'd run off a list of players that have had multiple coaches and still fall prey to their own blemishes time and time again but that'd involve me doing something you should already know. But I understand you are looking at this with rose colored glasses since the Texans have never any semblance of a decent QB. I've actually watched Brock play and his performances have been extremely hot and cold. I realize you think the Texans just won the lottery but the reality is that he is wildly inconsistent.

Well, we've had decent before. Schaub wasn't too shabby around 08-09 and was a solid starter but nothing special. I'm an optimistic person, not only with this signing, but in many aspects of my life. Remember when I updated my signature this time of year last year and a lot of people on here chewed me out for it? Well I kept it and I did it bc I believed in my team and what we could do. Osweiler learned behind Manning and now he gets to work with one of the better coaches in the league in BOB. I think he will be a great fit here.

Yes, the mad hype surrounding this may be a bit overstated, but if Brock becomes someone who can make the Texans perennial playoff/SB contenders, then people will realize why the risk was taken and why everyone was so excited in the first place.

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

Well, we've had decent before. Schaub wasn't too shabby around 08-09 and was a solid starter but nothing special. I'm an optimistic person, not only with this signing, but in many aspects of my life. Remember when I updated my signature this time of year last year and a lot of people on here chewed me out for it? Well I kept it and I did it bc I believed in my team and what we could do. Osweiler learned behind Manning and now he gets to work with one of the better coaches in the league in BOB. I think he will be a great fit here.

Yes, the mad hype surrounding this may be a bit overstated, but if Brock becomes someone who can make the Texans perennial playoff/SB contenders, then people will realize why the risk was taken and why everyone was so excited in the first place.

I don't remember your signature from last year and don't really care to be honest. All I've been trying to tell you is to temper your expectations instead of this second coming blabber that's been spread around on a Colts forum. If Brock ends up being a bust for you guys, It'll set your franchise back yet again. And with how hot and cold he's been based on the sample size, it's fair to assume either way.

10 minutes ago, Restored said:

I don't remember your signature from last year and don't really care to be honest. All I've been trying to tell you is to temper your expectations instead of this second coming blabber that's been spread around on a Colts forum. If Brock ends up being a bust for you guys, It'll set your franchise back yet again. And with how hot and cold he's been based on the sample size, it's fair to assume either way.

I'm not spreading second coming of anything. I post on all kinds of topics all the time on here. Of course I'm going to post when my team is involved in something big like this, Colts forum or not. I'm not expecting Joe Montana like I already said. But it's okay for us to be excited. I'll still be here whether he wins the SB or ends up traded after next season. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I'm not spreading second coming of anything. I post on all kinds of topics all the time on here. Of course I'm going to post when my team is involved in something big like this, Colts forum or not. I'm not expecting Joe Montana like I already said. But it's okay for us to be excited. I'll still be here whether he wins the SB or ends up traded after next season. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.

right and it appears it's much better than you've had.

wish you luck with him- good move.  I don't know what they paid but it's all about needs and Tom Brady is not available.  :76evil::)

3 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

right and it appears it's much better than you've had.

wish you luck with him- good move.  I don't know what they paid but it's all about needs and Tom Brady is not available.  :76evil::)

Exactly..people seem to think if you don't sign him, Rodgers, or Brees then you won't get anything out of the QB you do sign lol. But yep it's about needs...and it's been obvious what we have needed most for a while now.