Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Osweiler to the Texans! (Merge)

corgi

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Uh. Because all the other AFC south teams are wheeling and dealing and getting better and we've done NOTHING. With the right moves we could be a great team next year.

So the Colts haven't jumped and you think they are doing nothing? Keep believing that.

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

Four quarterbacks, actually. And somehow managed to get the team to the playoffs. Hoyer played well outside of the playoff game and even Yates and Weeden looked good. Factor in the Texans' new options in the Draft and this offense should be a good complement to the D. I know you don't want to consider the fact that we just might turn out to be a good squad, but must you try to * on my parade whenever something good happens for my team?

Colts had 5 with our starter missing over half the season yet the Texans won only one more game. Not saying you guys couldn't be a good squad finally but let's not be quick to crown Brock as the second coming when he clearly has many blemishes to be worked out.

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He looked so good he got benched in week 17,  and the Texans d isn't in the broncos league

Wow....didn't Peyton Manning your Lord and Savior get benched too at some point? I'm not surprised the usual troll suspects want to trash any and everything. The Texans could have just traded for Andrew Luck himself and you would say,  " Oh he's gonna suck bad with them."

And the Texans were ranked third in defense. Yeah, we're definitely in the Broncos "league".

2 hours ago, Restored said:

Colts had 5 with our starter missing over half the season yet the Texans won only one more game. Not saying you guys couldn't be a good squad finally but let's not be quick to crown Brock as the second coming when he clearly has many blemishes to be worked out.

Nobody's crowning him anything. Remember how you guys felt when you drafted Andrew? That's how we feel right now. It's okay to be excited about your team getting new players. We don't need Brock to be Joe Montana, but he is sure to be an upgrade over anything we've had in a while, and possibly in franchise history.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

Good players going off the board as we speak.

Free agency started 20 minutes ago.  All of these teams are over paying.  Do you ever see the really good teams dishing out these huge contracts in the first hour of FA?

2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Wow....didn't Peyton Manning your Lord and Savior get benched too at some point? I'm not surprised the usual troll suspects want to trash any and everything. The Texans could have just traded for Andrew Luck himself and you would say,  " Oh he's gonna suck bad with them."

And the Texans were ranked third in defense. Yeah, we're definitely in the Broncos "league".

I think if you're in the Broncos league you probably have to beat the Broncos to say that. That's a lot of money for 7 starts and one benching.

Brock was beat up during his time as Broncos QB. He had a knee injury that required him to sit out practices when Manning was on the way back. He is very tall and somewhat slight. I wouldn't count on him playing 16 games. Put pressure on him and see what happens. No many people saw that in the 2nd quarter before being benched he was arguing with Kubiak so not exactly level headed either. 

2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Manning was injured.  He wasn't 100% and still came of the bench to win the chargers game.

And there is a huge gap between 1st and 3rd

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Free agency started 20 minutes ago.  All of these teams are over paying.  Do you ever see the really good teams dishing out these huge contracts in the first hour of FA?

Denver when they brought in Talib, Ward, and Ware. That got them a SB. Seattle when they got Bennett and Avril. that got them a SB

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

I think if you're in the Broncos league you probably have to beat the Broncos to say that. That's a lot of money for 7 starts and one benching.

....not really. The poster I quoted was implying the Broncos are the '85 Bears or something which isn't the case. Every team overspends at some point. And when you're a ready to win now team like the Texans, the reward far outweighs the risk.

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Manning was injured.  He wasn't 100% and still came of the bench to win the chargers game.

And there is a huge gap between 1st and 3rd

He only got playing time because he flipped off Kubiak. :)

And....no. There isn't. Texans have a top 5 defense and the best player in the game was my point.

4 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Denver when they brought in Talib, Ward, and Ware. That got them a SB. Seattle when they got Bennett and Avril. that got them a SB

Don't think all those guys were even signed on the first day of free agency, let alone the first hour.  There's still time.  If all the guys are gone, then yeah, I think the complaints are legitimate. 

5 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Avril and Bennett didn't sign massive contracts.  Bennett is trying to get more money only 2 years into this contract

6 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Nobody's crowning him anything. Remember how you guys felt when you drafted Andrew? That's how we feel right now. It's okay to be excited about your team getting new players. We don't need Brock to be Joe Montana, but he is sure to be an upgrade over anything we've had in a while, and possibly in franchise history.

Buying a Lamborghini wouldn't elicit the same feeling as buying a Ford but to each his own I guess.

4 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

....not really. The poster I quoted was implying the Broncos are the '85 Bears or something which isn't the case. Every team overspends at some point. And when you're a ready to win now team like the Texans, the reward far outweighs the risk.

I'm sorry but in no world is 18M a year and 37 guaranteed for 7 starts including a benching with a top D not overpaying.

Buying a Lamborghini wouldn't elicit the same feeling as buying a Ford but to each his own I guess.

I'm sure the Patriots fans are happy with the Ford they got in the sixth round. You don't always need the Lambo to get where you need to go.

I'm sure the Patriots fans are happy with the Ford they got in the sixth round. You don't always need the Lambo to get where you need to go.

No. Brady was a Lambo with a Ford price tag. Brock is a Ford with a Lambo price tag.

I'm sorry but in no world is 18M a year and 37 guaranteed for 7 starts including a benching with a top D not overpaying.

Okay. We will see how much Brock is worth this season.

Okay. We will see how much Brock is worth this season.

At which point it will be way too late. Like giving JJ Watt a monster contract and expecting him to lead the team to a playoff win. Even Matt Flynn thinks this is unbelievable which is like Jerry Sandusky saying Jared Fogle went too far.

No. Brady was a Lambo with a Ford price tag. Brock is a Ford with a Lambo price tag.

Brady was a Ford that nobody wanted and became the best QB of all-time. Brock has already looked good and has a hell of a lot of miles left to go.

Brady was a Ford that nobody wanted and became the best QB of all-time. Brock has already looked good and has a hell of a lot of miles left to go.

And then we remember Matt Cassel got paid after going 11-5 season with the Pats.

3 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

You are reaching at best now. Brock had some moments yes but to ignore his clear flaws and mistakes is incredibly naive. You'll be coming back to Earth once the season starts.

3 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

And to top that point off, I am pretty sure Brock makes more than Tommy Boy?  But I could be wrong?

At which point it will be way too late. Like giving JJ Watt a monster contract and expecting him to lead the team to a playoff win. Even Matt Flynn thinks this is unbelievable which is like Jerry Sandusky saying Jared Fogle went too far.

Wow, cracking jokes about child molesters and rapists. Really funny. Who the hell cares what Flynn thinks? Who cares what anyone thinks? You guys are the lead proponents of " Hey the GM and coach likes him, it's up to them, not us." Same situation here. I'm leaving this thread for you haters to argue about. Me and my fellow fans are elated for what should be a good year! Have a nice day, man!

43 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

25 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:
5 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

In your opinion Brady is the GOAT. Let me know when he catches Manning in records and MVPs. If you are counting rings you forgot Montana and Bradshaw.

33 minutes ago, Doctor Mad said:

We've lost out again!!!!  Last year we could have pursued Incognito, Iupati or Mathis to solve our OG problem.  This year Incognito gets 3 yr deal with Bills because he was one of the top OGs in the league.  Mathis goes to Denver and winds up winning SB.  Iupati goes to AZ and has a decent year.  WHY haven't we done something so far.

Texans have brought in Osweiller at QB and Lamar Miller at RB.  Jags getting better on offense and defense.  Titans improving with FA assistance.  Indy????  We stand still and watch the rest of our division get better.  If we don't address our needs problem quickly, we're going to be passed up in our division.  Where is our C and OG that we need?  What about another quality CB?  Frustrated!

3666136-5719310562-13266.jpg

You are reaching at best now. Brock had some moments yes but to ignore his clear flaws and mistakes is incredibly naive. You'll be coming back to Earth once the season starts.

I'm not ignoring anything, really. But yeah, we'll see how the season goes.

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

And to top that point off, I am pretty sure Brock makes more than Tommy Boy?  But I could be wrong?

I suck at the math, but looking at these numbers yeah it's completely possible...

I'm not ignoring anything, really. But yeah, we'll see how the season goes.

If you aren't, watch the second half of the Steelers game, the Raiders game and large portions of the New England game and the San Diego game and tell me how good Brock is. I'll be waiting.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Brady is the winningest QB of all-time. Team stat? Well, so are MVPs and any kind of records. I don't want to start this argument, I think I've had enough arguing for one day.

Brady is the winningest QB of all-time. Team stat? Well, so are MVPs and any kind of records. I don't want to start this argument, I think I've had enough arguing for one day.

Winningest QB does not mean GOAT. There is no clear cut GOAT and never will be because it's someone's opinion. Too many factors to consider to even go there.

6 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Actually,  Manning has the most wins at qb