Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Osweiler to the Texans! (Merge)

corgi

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

This isn't too good. Hopefully he sucks. But the AFC South is getting better while Grigson our genius general manager is sitting on his a** being a sissy and twiddling his thumbs.

Somethings never change. People whine every year because we don't get a big name FA. Relax dude. This is what's best for the Colts long term.

Oh boy, the Broncos fans will now be fighting for the AFC West instead of HFA.

Plan B - Colin Kaepernick to the Broncos.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3/9/11187592/breaking-news-brock-osweiler-signing-with-the-houston-texans

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3/9/11185606/report-broncos-will-target-colin-kaepernick-if-osweiler-signs-with

Well, all the Broncos fans that wanted to send Peyton off now wish they had him for 1 more year??? I do wonder what they are thinking.

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Somethings never change. People whine every year because we don't get a big name FA. Relax dude. This is what's best for the Colts long term.

Long term? We need to focus on winning now. If we get some young impact talent and draft well long term will take care of itself. I'm not a fan of sitting around waiting to have some good teams in 3-4 years. That's a terrible strategy when you have a franchise QB.

I can't believe Denver spent all those years grooming Osweiler only to let him get away to Houston.  Obrien doesn't even have to do much teaching with the kid now that he's been given the goods from Peyton and Elway. Denver is going to end up paying for this with their next qb.

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Oh boy, the Broncos fans will now be fighting for the AFC West instead of HFA.

Plan B - Colin Kaepernick to the Broncos.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3/9/11187592/breaking-news-brock-osweiler-signing-with-the-houston-texans

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/3/9/11185606/report-broncos-will-target-colin-kaepernick-if-osweiler-signs-with

Well, all the Broncos fans that wanted to send Peyton off now wish they had him for 1 more year??? I do wonder what they are thinking.

Let's be honest here...it was proven last year that with that defense, it doesn't even matter who's playing quarterback. Because of how things went down this year, Denver essentially traded a Superbowl title for a quarterback. I'd take that.

Just now, dynasty13 said:

Let's be honest here...it was proven last year that with that defense, it doesn't even matter who's playing quarterback. Because of how things went down this year, Denver essentially traded a Superbowl title for a quarterback. I'd take that.

The difference is two key pieces of that D were playing on their contract year and now got paid and left - Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan. 

So, the O may have to carry a bit more of a load but luckily, this draft is loaded deep with DL.

From the Chargers' fans' perspective - I can't stop smiling :-)!!!  REALLY?  Kaepernick?  Their D wins games but Kap can lose them for you that fast *finger snap*  If not Kap then who?  There isn't exactly a mass quantity of franchise QBs just waiting around.  

Can't help but think this resets our division

2 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Love it love it love it love it love it! Finally, a young, competent quarterback to build the franchise around. I'm on cloud 9 right now. 

Hope it works out. I mean yeah I want the Colts to win the South, but Houston deserves a decent QB.

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

Love it love it love it love it love it! Finally, a young, competent quarterback to build the franchise around. I'm on cloud 9 right now. 

I think he'll be a great addition.  What did Houston pay him though?  I am guessing a lot for someone who has only played 8 games or so.  I still believe he is an upgrade and has tons of potential.

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I think he'll be a great addition.  What did Houston pay him though?  I am guessing a lot for someone who has only played 8 games or so.  I still believe he is an upgrade and has tons of potential.

Osweiler's deal with the Texans likely to come around the $16M/yr range. DEN offered $13M originally were willing to move a bit higher...

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Free agency just began.   Jesus,  people freak out every year

Hey hey I'm relaxed lol I'm used to us not signing till late anyway I actually think we should draft to stop the run even more now since everyone is trying to run it down our throats to help thier young qbs