Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Osweiler to the Texans! (Merge)

corgi

58 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Exactly. The Texans are ready to win now. McNair wants to be the first team to play a SB in their own stadium...but he also wanted a young talented passer, as any team does. We will see if his gamble was worth it. The coaches liked what they saw, and that's good enough for me.

He has a good arm and is pretty good in the pocket. Character and smarts appear good enough also. Did he get overpaid ? No doubt yes but it's was obviously worth the gamble to the Texans. I don't blame you for being on board and will be interesting to see how he does.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A team that went 9-7 and won the division last year with absolutely no QB play and no Arian foster just upgraded both spots.  Not saying Brock is going to be great but if he plays solid and keeps turnovers down they could be a very good team.

49 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I'm not spreading second coming of anything. I post on all kinds of topics all the time on here. Of course I'm going to post when my team is involved in something big like this, Colts forum or not. I'm not expecting Joe Montana like I already said. But it's okay for us to be excited. I'll still be here whether he wins the SB or ends up traded after next season. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.

When your posts clearly reflect nothing rose pedals and candy sticks, all objectivity clearly goes out the window. Excited? Sure but that excitement should be tempered given that he's been nearly just as bad as he's been good to this point.

2 hours ago, Restored said:

When your posts clearly reflect nothing rose pedals and candy sticks, all objectivity clearly goes out the window. Excited? Sure but that excitement should be tempered given that he's been nearly just as bad as he's been good to this point.

You don't get it. I'm done repeating myself. If you think I'm eating rainbows and riding unicorns over this signing then that's your prerogative. You're wrong, of course, but I'm done trying to explain myself. I'll let Brock do his talking on the field.

23 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Love it love it love it love it love it! Finally, a young, competent quarterback to build the franchise around. I'm on cloud 9 right now. 

1 hour ago, QwizBoy said:

You don't get it. I'm done repeating myself. If you think I'm eating rainbows and riding unicorns over this signing then that's your prerogative. You're wrong, of course, but I'm done trying to explain myself. I'll let Brock do his talking on the field.

I'll let your first post do the talking.

And he had time to consider whether his growth and success would instantly be measured against a Hall of Fame quarterback who rode into the sunset after a Super Bowl-winning season. That's not exactly easy. Manning was close to the players in the offensive huddle, particularly the receivers. Would it still be Manning's team, even if he was gone?

While the news that Osweiler had signed with Houston was a shock to fans, media and even players, the Broncos were apparently expecting it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25511791/report-brock-osweilers-decision-not-just-about-money-upset-he-was-benched

It's a risky move for the Texans.  That's a lot of dough (and salary cap space) to be tossing to a player like Osweiler.  I watched the Broncs a few times with BO under center.  He was good -- but not this good.  He's getting top-tier money.  It's not at all surprising to me that Elway refused to match it.

It could end up coming up roses for the Texans.  Or it could end up as one of the biggest FA busts in NFL history.

20 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

You should be happy. I think he will better than Hoyer so that gives you a better chance of beating Andrew. I still don't think he is worth 18 Mill and at best he is Above Average but Hoyer was Below Average and absolutely stunk in the Playoffs against KC.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 2:30 PM, Derakynn said:

I don't really think he is much better than Hoyer, though I don't see Brock throwing 4 ints in a playoff game. The difference being Brock has to be making at least 15m. 

After putting a little thought into it I think the Broncos may be better off with Kaepernick if they get him. Put Kaepernick in that run first zone blocking system with those simple throws and down field passing attack and that defense and they might be alright. We are talking about a guy that's been to the Super Bowl and playoffs so he's got experience. Get him up there with John Elway and they will refine his game I think. This is a system that even a scrub like Jake Plummer was able to have success in.