Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Osweiler to the Texans! (Merge)

corgi

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, corgi said:

Hope it works out. I mean yeah I want the Colts to win the South, but Houston deserves a decent QB.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. People are losing their minds here...that speaks to how QB deprived our franchise has been.

5 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

Osweiler is a good QB.  Texans also signed Lamar Miller.  With that defense...better than indy right now.  At least on paper.  

Thier defense is trash couldn't shut down Matty H I'm not worried nd were changing scheme to help our offense I'm not worried 

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I'm not worried. Ive seen most of his games and I'm not impressed whatsoever. He'll be cut within 2 years. Anyone else agree? 

I'm with ya he's shown he can play  but I'm not sure he'll have that "WIN IT NOW" team like elway set up for Peyton 

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

4 years 72 million.     Luck is a lot going to get a literal truck load of money

No kidding.  That contract is a lot for a young QB who has only played 8 games.  I can't even imagine what Luck's contracts going to be.  We can only hope it's a team friendly deal :thmup:

18 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Love it love it love it love it love it! Finally, a young, competent quarterback to build the franchise around. I'm on cloud 9 right now. 

Paying 18M per year for a player who has started 7 games. Lmao. Good luck still having the worst QB in the division. 

3 minutes ago, James said:

Paying 18M per year for a player who has started 7 games. Lmao. Good luck still having the worst QB in the division. 

He looked good in those games, and the Texans are built like the Broncos are. We just got Lamar Miller too and another linemen, in case you didn't know.

ehhh solid signing...but this in way means the Texans become anything special. Brock has shown some ability but not he's not shown he can carry and lead a team game in game out through a whole season. And play consistently at a high level. There is still alot to be be proven with him. And for 72 mil over 4 years....boy the Texans better hope he turns into something special because that's ALOT of money!!!

18 million a year?! BAHAHAHAH!

It doesn't matter who Denver's QB is. The offensive scheme is putrid and receivers periodically can't catch the football to save their lives. They can't pass or run block reliably.  Unless something drastically changes there, they'll suck next year, too.

If the offense is going to blow anyway, should have let Brock walk and convinced Peyton to sign for one more year for vet minimum. Use the cash to resign the entire D and/or get better blockers on the line.

Oh well. It looks like Denver will probably just go as far as that D and special teams can drag that sorry offense again. If the D is anywhere near as good as last season they could repeat no matter how much the offense blows.

41 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Long term? We need to focus on winning now. If we get some young impact talent and draft well long term will take care of itself. I'm not a fan of sitting around waiting to have some good teams in 3-4 years. That's a terrible strategy when you have a franchise QB.

Just because we didn't sign a big name doesn't mean we did nothing. There are some other young players out there still. Don't automatically assume the Colts missed out. Osweiler might not be good in Houston, you never know.

The Colts don't have the necessary components to be in win now mode.

5 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

He looked good in those games, and the Texans are built like the Broncos are. We just got Lamar Miller too and another linemen, in case you didn't know.

You must've only watched particular halves then. He was football's prime example of Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hyde when he played last year.

1 minute ago, Restored said:

You must've only watched particular halves then. He was football's prime example of Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hyde when he played last year.

How so? And the guy is only 25 years old. He's far from a finished product. BOB is a good quarterbacks coach and Brock is already very polished having been in the league and played a good amount of games.

53 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

This isn't too good. Hopefully he sucks. But the AFC South is getting better while Grigson our genius general manager is sitting on his a** being a sissy and twiddling his thumbs.

Just how is it you know what Grigson and the FO is doing? All you seem to do is whine and cry.

We better nail the draft.  

I know we can't afford to be big FA spenders this year and I'm fine with that, although I would like if they opened up the checkbook for one or 2 players.  A guard and a CB2 mainly.  

But we need to nail the draft here.  Because the Texans are rounding out a pretty solid team.  Jacksonville is improving and the Titans have their QB.

Just now, QwizBoy said:

How so? And the guy is only 25 years old. He's far from a finished product. BOB is a good quarterbacks coach and Brock is already very polished having been in the league and played a good amount of games.

How so you ask??

Watch the games he played in last year. He'd look good for a half then terrible the next. The Raiders game was a disaster too. It would go from series to series even. We saw the great job BOB did last year with the two QB's he ran with didn't we? One of the biggest knocks on Brock is that he's NOT very polished yet as a QB.

We've lost out again!!!!  Last year we could have pursued Incognito, Iupati or Mathis to solve our OG problem.  This year Incognito gets 3 yr deal with Bills because he was one of the top OGs in the league.  Mathis goes to Denver and winds up winning SB.  Iupati goes to AZ and has a decent year.  WHY haven't we done something so far.

Texans have brought in Osweiller at QB and Lamar Miller at RB.  Jags getting better on offense and defense.  Titans improving with FA assistance.  Indy????  We stand still and watch the rest of our division get better.  If we don't address our needs problem quickly, we're going to be passed up in our division.  Where is our C and OG that we need?  What about another quality CB?  Frustrated!

2 hours ago, Restored said:

How so you ask??

Watch the games he played in last year. He'd look good for a half then terrible the next. The Raiders game was a disaster too. It would go from series to series even. We saw the great job BOB did last year with the two QB's he ran with didn't we? One of the biggest knocks on Brock is that he's NOT very polished yet as a QB.

Four quarterbacks, actually. And somehow managed to get the team to the playoffs. Hoyer played well outside of the playoff game and even Yates and Weeden looked good. Factor in the Texans' new options in the Draft and this offense should be a good complement to the D. I know you don't want to consider the fact that we just might turn out to be a good squad, but must you try to * on my parade whenever something good happens for my team?

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just how is it you know what Grigson and the FO is doing? All you seem to do is whine and cry.

Uh. Because all the other AFC south teams are wheeling and dealing and getting better and we've done NOTHING. With the right moves we could be a great team next year.

19 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

He looked so good he got benched in week 17,  and the Texans d isn't in the broncos league

2 hours ago, 19colt said:

This is good news for the Colts - especially if they get the pass rush sorted. 

I don't think good players going to one's rivals is ever a good thing. I certainly wasn't jumping for joy when I heard the Colts were signing Gore or Andre.