Alfredo Roberts, Mike Gillhamer, and Roy Anderson fired

snkdy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These firings make me wonder 2 things:

1. I wonder if they were Pagano's guys in the 1st place or Grigson guys.

2. The fact that the DB coaches are fired means that our potentially new DC is a former DB coach. Food for thought Chud being OC aswell as focusing on TEs so the DC may focus on DBs.

1 minute ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

2. The fact that the DB coaches are fired means that our potentially new DC is a former DB coach. Food for thought Chud being OC aswell as focusing on TEs so the DC may focus on DBs.

How did you get from fired DB Coach to DC formerly DB Coach?

2 minutes ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

I don't follow #2

15 minutes ago, MTC said:

A bit surprised. Alfredo Roberts was heavily liked by all the tight ends. 

So what if they liked him? Both TEs (especially Allen) have heavily under achieved.

12 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

Yeah, not sure I understand that one. The TEs have been great most of the time. But I'm just some random fan. 

Have they really been great? I see two TEs who could have been much, much more than what they were here (especially Allen).

4 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

So what if they liked him? Both TEs (especially Allen) have heavily under achieved.

Have they really been great? I see two TEs who could have been much much more than what they were here (especially Allen).

That's a result of the playcalling. And blocking is part of the job, which Allen did do well at. 

4 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Have they really been great? I see two TEs who could have been much, much more than what they were here (especially Allen).

Hard to really know... DA spent WAY too much time injured to really even know what we had, and seemed to be unreliable at crucial moments when he played.

24 minutes ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

My 2 cents says number 2 is the answer. If he did not get to hire Pep, why should we think he had a lot of say with any of the other guys. I cannot believe he would have left the meeting with Irsay and Grigson without

demanding control over his own staff, and control over the full team as far as who plays and who does not.   I may be wrong, but this timeline seems to support Chuck got back what he needed, control over the team and coaches, and no more interference. This housecleaning is hopefully the proof Chuck has control over who are his coaches and who will play and not play. All I can say is I sure hope my hypothesis is right!

One more thought, I would have though OL coach would have been first to go. If your TE coach is gone, that to me is part of the blocking scheme, so does this mean OL will stay? I hope not. This is an incredibly important position since so few of the players coming out of college have good technique due to the spread. They need to have a good teacher!

10 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

It could be that Chuck is excercising his new control over the staff. OR

Could be a condition of his extension, ie "If you wanna stay, you have to let go of these guys" 

No way of knowing at this time.

OR

Pagano could have recognized that he needed to rework his staff independent of those other factors. A team shaking up the staff after a disappointing season isn't an anomaly.

55 minutes ago, schwamm said:

Hard to really know... DA spent WAY too much time injured to really even know what we had, and seemed to be unreliable at crucial moments when he played.

B-S-. Allen was one of the best TEs in the league in his rookie year. And, no, that's not hyperbole.

When was he ever unreliable at crucial times? When was he ever used in a crucial time? Hell, when was he ever used?

Injuries were an issues but he played in ~85% of the games the past two seasons.

58 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

That's a result of the playcalling. And blocking is part of the job, which Allen did do well at. 

Inconsistent and underachieving TEs is going to get the TE coach fired. The play calling was obviously %, that's why that Pep guy is gone.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Since we're talking about secondary coaches, did any of of our safeties (or linebackers, for that matter) have any interceptions this year that weren't first tipped in the air?

Off the top of my head: 

Adams caught a punt thrown up by Hoyer in the first meeting

DQ pick 6 off Matty Ice

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Since we're talking about secondary coaches, did any of of our safeties (or linebackers, for that matter) have any interceptions this year that weren't first tipped in the air?

Yeah lowery had one against tennesse in week 3 I think....DQ pick six against the falcons

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Lowery had one in the 4th quarter the first time we played Tennessee. 

7 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

B-S-. Allen was one of the best TEs in the league in his rookie year. And, no, that's not hyperbole.

When was he ever unreliable at crucial times? When was he ever used in a crucial time? Hell, when was he ever used?

Injuries were an issues but he played in ~85% of the games the past two seasons.

I totally agree he looked phenomenal his first year.  I am not going to go thru old game film, but it has impressed me that he's had several unfortunate and untimely drops in the last two years.  He has also looked slow and out of place more often than not, IMO.

I want him to rediscover the DA of 2012, but let's not mistake the talent shown that year for a guarantee it'll ever be seen from him again.  It is very possible the injuries may have lowered his ceiling.