Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alfredo Roberts, Mike Gillhamer, and Roy Anderson fired

snkdy

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I wasn't blaming the S&C coach for injuries. My issue with him is player development in terms of weight and conditioning. Since 2012 there have been a number of players that have appeared out of shape and have and have had weight issues. 

No matter who the conditioning coach is it's up to the player to keep himself in shape. The coach just coaches. It is also up to the player to take the advice from the dietitian who can only advise. These players are paid to keep themselves in shape and to lay blame on anyone but the player is not seeing the big picture and pointing a finger at the person who is not responsible.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure terms of signing Chuck's contract...new staff was the main concession. Clearly we couldn't just stand pat. I trust we will make the right changes and get the right guys in here....but as most have said...several of these were not surprising. As likable as Chuck is I'm sure he will have no problem getting quality guys interested in coming in. We have talent in many of these areas...so if coaches come in and we get this right back to where we should be (Playoffs/SB) then coaches coming in will be looked at for HC type jobs and promotions.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I'm sure terms of signing Chuck's contract...new staff was the main concession. Clearly we couldn't just stand pat. I trust we will make the right changes and get the right guys in here....but as most have said...several of these were not surprising. As likable as Chuck is I'm sure he will have no problem getting quality guys interested in coming in. We have talent in many of these areas...so if coaches come in and we get this right back to where we should be (Playoffs/SB) then coaches coming in will be looked at for HC type jobs and promotions.

Unfortunately Chuck hired the guys that got canned, minus Pep maybe.  Hopefully he takes some advice from his assistant head coach.

I wonder if we could get Mike Reed, Clemson or Brandon Fisher, St. Louis Rams to be our DB coach?

Jackie Shipp, Arizona State or Brentson Buckner, AZ Cardinals DLine?

Shawn Slocum was the ST Coach for Green Bay for several years. Maybe we could get him from Arizona State?

On 1/6/2016 at 8:28 PM, Superman said:

I'm surprised nothing about the OL coaches is being done. Although, I think we all agree that we need better linemen, regardless.

Once we got Herremans and Louis out of there I don't think we had trouble blocking people one on one any more than "good " lines did around the league. Denver got 1 sack against us.  Houston and Watt - no blood in game 1.  

It seems like our disaster games blocking people are when guys are out of position to make a block or don't see the free rusher.  Yes that falls to players, but it's a very poor reflection on scheme and OL coaching.

I trust that there is more to it than this if they continue with Gilbert. 

On 1/6/2016 at 3:58 AM, crazycolt1 said:

I seem to recall a couple of easy drops at crucial times from Allen this  season. When ever Fleener does that this forum blows up on him so why does Allen get a pass?

Your memory is wrong. DA was only target 29 times with little over half being on target/catchable. Most of these were dumpoffs. You'd be hard pressed to find one "crucial" catchable target to DA all year, let alone a drop of said target.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

So, Allen's not getting a pass, you're making things up. Why is that?

11 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Let them play on astroturf from the 70s-80s for a few games, they'd stop complaining really fast.

I think he's still got his mind on the RCA dome.  I remember watching plenty of games held at the RCA dome watching players get up off the ground with big gashes in their skin.  I think todays conditions are way better, but I'm sure it is pretty tough to fall down on that stuff even now.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think he's still got his mind on the RCA dome.  I remember watching plenty of games held at the RCA dome watching players get up off the ground with big gashes in their skin.  I think todays conditions are way better, but I'm sure it is pretty tough to fall down on that stuff even now.

Yeah, that could be.

13 minutes ago, krunk said:

With pads on, Field turf is hard, but it has a give to it.  It feels like you bounce a little when you hit hard.  It kind of reminds me of basketball when you are jumping off a new wood floor..the give it fantastic.

Now if someone 350 lbs hits you, you are going to feel it "ANYWHERE" on any surface :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Joe Gilbert and Hal Hunter.   I'm going to bet Pagano and Grigson place a sizeable portion of the problem on Peps blocking schemes.  I assume they are thinking the schemes Chud uses are easier to execute.  I'm sure they'll still draft some O line, but I bet that's what they are thinking.   We'll see...

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Joe Gilbert and Hal Hunter.   I'm going to bet Pagano and Grigson place a sizeable portion of the problem on Peps blocking schemes.  I assume they are thinking the schemes Chud uses are easier to execute.  I'm sure they'll still draft some O line, but I bet that's what they are thinking.   We'll see...

I actually thought Gilbert was gone. :)  Someone said the OL coach was gone...he isn't!!