Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LETS GO TEXANS!

tweezy32

After the ugly lose to the jags... we should be rooting for the Texans for the next couple of games. Personally, I don't want the colts to win the division. Its not like they will do anything anyways. We should just get a nice draft pick and sit Luck for the year. Rest him up and make sure he doesn't get injured again. This year is over, and we should try to get a high draft pick?

25 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

After the ugly lose to the jags... we should be rooting for the Texans for the next couple of games. Personally, I don't want the colts to win the division. Its not like they will do anything anyways. We should just get a nice draft pick and sit Luck for the year. Rest him up and make sure he doesn't get injured again. This year is over, and we should try to get a high draft pick?

Were you behind the Independence Day sequel?

Could not agree more.  Top 12 draft pick, high 2nd and 3rd rounders.  New coaching staff. 2nd or 3rd place schedule.  Healthy starters returning at many positions.  Great defensive draft of 2015 has a year under its belt.  

How are the above points countered by a crushing home loss in Wild card round, coupled with 1st place schedule, low draft position, #ChuckStrong retained?  

No.  I want this team in the playoffs if they can get there because anything can happen at that point.  That doesn't mean anything is going to happen but I'd at least like to have the shot rather than no shot which would be the case if the Colts are out of the playoffs. 

I'll worry about next season or the off-season next season or the off-season.  Right now this season is still going on. 

You are only talking about slight differences in the players that can be drafted at ~#15 vs. #21.   Many here are way over estimating the impact that the improved draft position would have.  It's not like you'll now have a shot at the elites.

I'll root for the playoffs with Mr. Luck every day of the week.  There's a chance they get hot and make a run, but even if they don't I'll enjoy the ride.

42 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Not given up on the Colts. They still control their destiny. They just need to get healthy-er.

Injuries have little to do with giving up 42pts in a half.  Blaming this debacle on injuries is about the same as blaming global warming on babies farting.  

This is about players either underachieving or being not very good and coaches getting out coached.

I agree with you. I can't stand this bull anymore. I wish I could switch lives with Jim Irsay for at least a day, boy how the franchise be different in just one day. The Colts don't deserve the playoffs, Houston does. The Colts suck, and I want Pagano, Grigson and everyone to be fired and never let into Lucas oil again.

3 hours ago, NBColtsFanatic said:

I agree with you. I can't stand this bull anymore. I wish I could switch lives with Jim Irsay for at least a day, boy how the franchise be different in just one day. The Colts don't deserve the playoffs, Houston does. The Colts suck, and I want Pagano, Grigson and everyone to be fired and never let into Lucas oil again.

and the 6-7 Texans who have the same record as the Colts are so deserving to be there more why?  If the Colts win next week and sweep the Texans then I am going to argue the Colts have proven they are better than the Texans and deserve to be there more than them.  You could argue none of the teams from the AFC South deserve to be in the playoffs but I am hard pressed to say any team in the AFC South deserves it more than the Colts. 

It's a bad division but so was the AFC West when the Chargers won it in 2008 at 8-8 and got to host a 12-4 Colts team in the first round.  I would consider this Kharma in some respects if the Colts benefit from a bad division this time around. 

3 hours ago, 04DarkShadowGT said:

Injuries have little to do with giving up 42pts in a half.  Blaming this debacle on injuries is about the same as blaming global warming on babies farting.  

This is about players either underachieving or being not very good and coaches getting out coached.

I would argue they have a lot to do with it.  Not only are the Colts beat up they are beat up at key positions they really can't afford it because they don't have depth at those positions and its to some of their best players.  Luck and Castonzo are the most notable ones.  Also, yes them being hurt does impact the defense because odds are if they are healthy and playing the Colts don't spend the whole second half going three and out and putting a tired defense right back out there and they probably score some points. 

I think Bradshaw being out also plays a big role because it's clear a large part of what they are wanting to do on offense involves the screen pass and it's just painful trying to watch Gore on a screen pass.  Bradshaw thrived on screen passes and the offense might look very different if he could have stayed healthy.

On defense the run defense hasn't been the same since Anderson went down.  If they could have stopped the run that would have made it much easier to stop the pass because the Colts would have known it was coming. 

So I would argue those four guys being out had a large part to do with why they got blown out 42-0 in the second half.  Not everything, but if those guys are healthy it's probably a different game.  Heck even a fully healthy Hasselbeck might have made it slightly different. 

So I wouldn't dismiss the injuries as nothing.  Does that mean that the players didn't underachieve and that the coaches didn't get out coached?  No.  They did.  However, it can be multiple things. It doesn't just have to be either or. 

8 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

This is so stupid. Plenty of teams have fallen butt-backwards into the playoffs and made a run. You should want your team to win every time; if you don't your fandom is questionable.

Best thread made so far. I was going to make this same thread. A good Colts Fan wants the team to lose remaining games. AFC South has not done the Colts any favors becoming a realistic threat in the Playoffs. Six easy wins in division previous years and finishing with a deceptive record and getting low draft pick.

Edited by 21isSuperman

2 hours ago, Corey Davis said:

Best thread made so far. I was going to make this same thread. A good Colts Fan wants the team to lose remaining games. AFC South has not done the Colts any favors becoming a realistic threat in the Playoffs. Six easy wins in division previous years and finishing with a deceptive record and getting low draft pick.

some people dont get that

Here's an idea, if YOU "think" the Colts should lose, keep your thoughts to yourself!!  This FAN FORUM is for people who follow and like the Colts :)  We don't care if you're a fair weather fan, who love to cheer when your team is playing great, but all week after a loss call for jobs and spread your worthless opinion to tank the rest of the season.  Say we didn't win another game odds are we still wouldn't be in the top 10!  Were talking a difference of picking 15th to picking 20-? if we do make the playoffs.  Is that something to tank over?  Is that going to make us SB contenders next year?  I guarantee you with players that have that mentality we could get the best player in the draft and we still wouldn't be playoff contenders.  It's the difference of a professional athlete and an idjit on the "fan forum"!

On 12/14/2015 at 6:49 PM, ricker182 said:

Of all the threads that the mods lock, they don't freaking lock this one? 

its a valid discussion.  nba fans call for better teams than this to tank

im not rooting for it personally, but thats mostly because there are 22 teams with 7 or more losses and the picks wont be that great anyway

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2015 at 1:30 PM, ColtStronger said:

Here's an idea, if YOU "think" the Colts should lose, keep your thoughts to yourself!!  This FAN FORUM is for people who follow and like the Colts :)  We don't care if you're a fair weather fan, who love to cheer when your team is playing great, but all week after a loss call for jobs and spread your worthless opinion to tank the rest of the season.  Say we didn't win another game odds are we still wouldn't be in the top 10!  Were talking a difference of picking 15th to picking 20-? if we do make the playoffs.  Is that something to tank over?  Is that going to make us SB contenders next year?  I guarantee you with players that have that mentality we could get the best player in the draft and we still wouldn't be playoff contenders.  It's the difference of a professional athlete and an idjit on the "fan forum"!

I know if we win these people shouldn't even Post haha 

On 12/14/2015 at 4:28 PM, tweezy32 said:

I won't root for the Texans...or any other teams except those playing against the Pats. There's really no such thing as "deserve".....any given Sunday. Underdogs do win occasionally.

But I won't be upset if they lose. Not like our expectations are that high but it would be fun to be the spoiler.

2 minutes ago, scooter4910 said:

I won't root for the Texans...or any other teams except those playing against the Pats. There's really no such thing as "deserve".....any given Sunday. Underdogs do win occasionally.

But I won't be upset if they lose. Not like our expectations are that high but it would be fun to be the spoiler.

I still think if Andrew comes back we can make a run at the SB. Call me crazy but I know how great he is.