Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why wasn't Grigson fired too?

Pacergeek

Firing a GM isn't gonna change much mid-season, especially after the trade deadline. It'd only bring spirits down rather than improve the roster. Right now the players we have are here for the rest of the season. Unless Grigson does something crazily stupid, he's here to stay till the end of the season.

I disagree. Grigson is hated. He is an egotistical blowhard. He is Polian without the accomplishments. Firing Grigson would ignite the team. Nobody likes working for a stupid person like Grigson

I disagree. Grigson is hated. He is an egotistical blowhard. He is Polian without the accomplishments. Firing Grigson would ignite the team. Nobody likes working for a stupid person like Grigson

I agree. It's like who in the hell does he think he is even sticking his nose in anything to do with coaching...any aspect. He's said that he thinks the 40yd dash is the top measurement. Cool, but he's 4'9" WR and has a grand total of 6 1/4 fingers.

Griggson needs to go...he is over stepping his bounds. He sucks as a GM and if his hand is messing with the offense he should have been canned before Pep was. Pep is the scape goat and Pagano will be the next domino to fall if the slide continues. I feel for Pagano. He is on the hot seat but from all reports was never allowed to truly coach this team or to select his own staff. Ridiculous. Irsay needs to fix this mess.

Griggson needs to go...he is over stepping his bounds. He sucks as a GM and if his hand is messing with the offense he should have been canned before Pep was. Pep is the scape goat and Pagano will be the next domino to fall if the slide continues. I feel for Pagano. He is on the hot seat but from all reports was never allowed to truly coach this team or to select his own staff. Ridiculous. Irsay needs to fix this mess.

Just because you hate Grigson does not mean everyone does. Grigson was smart enough to take a 2-14 team to three 11-5 seasons. Firing Grigson would not ignite anything but more losses. None of us know the inner working of what the Colts FO has been. Just because you read it in a forum does not automatically make it true. If I reported the sky is falling I guess you would believe that? Any GM that might be available now is under contract. It is against NFL rules to make contact without facing tampering charges. If a change is to be made at GM IMO it wouldn't work any better to hire a retread or anyone available right now. Your knee jerk reaction does no one no good.

Just because you hate Grigson does not mean everyone does. Grigson was smart enough to take a 2-14 team to three 11-5 seasons. Firing Grigson would not ignite anything but more losses. None of us know the inner working of what the Colts FO has been. Just because you read it in a forum does not automatically make it true. If I reported the sky is falling I guess you would believe that? Any GM that might be available now is under contract. It is against NFL rules to make contact without facing tampering charges. If a change is to be made at GM IMO it wouldn't work any better to hire a retread or anyone available right now. Your knee jerk reaction does no one no good.

I've never understood the hatred for grigson, honestly I believe he is a good gm, does he have room too learn? Of course he does no one is going to walk in and be a hall of famer. I really like 90% of the people he's brought in. It's just easy for everyone to say fire everyone after 1 down year after a complete rebuild. It blows my mind how short everyone's memory is

-Because Grigson don't call 28 pass plays in a row

-Because Grigson doesn't design bad route concepts

-Because Grigson isn't the one not using Lucks strengths

-Because Grigsons not hanging onto the ball a second to long

-Because Grigsons not the one with the bad blocking assignments on certain plays

-Because Grigsons not the one throwing into double coverage

-Because Grigsons not the one staring down receivers

-Because Grigson has not targeted his TE's a combined 66 times this season........Gronk has 63 alone for the Pats

Could be. I hope now Chuck can play players that need to play. Time for some starters to be bench. *cough* Toler 

Again, just my 2 cents, but I think unless owner(s) don't curb Grigson and don't determine exact borderlines between duties of GM and HC (IF reports and rumors are true about Grigson having big say in starting lineups and stuffs what usually belong to HC) Chuck won't have much bigger room. Chud is OC now, and Chuck is more familiar with him, perhaps that makes things smoother.

IMO Toler's situation is largely dependent on D'Joun Smith's health status and development as an NFL player.

Grigson is hated by who?      Fans?

Who, besides you, says he's an egotistical blowhard?     Fans?

Without accomplishments?        GM of the year as a rookie and 11, 12 and 13 wins in his first three years.

Would ignite the team?          If we play well, the team gets ignited.     If we play poorly it doesn't matter what we do.

Nobody likes working for a stupid person?       Grigson may be wrong,  but he's not stupid.     There's a difference....

Fan rants are fun.....     but they're rarely anything more than a rant.

You have no facts to back up any of your assertions,  it's all opinion......

I agree. It's like who in the hell does he think he is even sticking his nose in anything to do with coaching...any aspect. He's said that he thinks the 40yd dash is the top measurement. Cool, but he's 4'9" WR and has a grand total of 6 1/4 fingers.

Who does he think he is?? He is the GM. Other than Irsay, he runs the team. It is the GMs job to stick his nose in. He just fired Pep. I have no clue if he was told to by Irsay but it is his job to handle things. You may have an opinion on what you would do but your name is not Jim Irsay so your opinion means just as much as mine, zero.

Well I guess firing him can take pressure off pagano. But hiring someone else, he will most likely cut the whole team and say, let's get ready for the draft next year. We need to wipe the house

This team is too talented to wipe the slate clean. Just because the Colts are slumping does not mean starting over is a good thing. With the firing of Pep it is one step in improvement. You make one step at a time, not a wholesale change.

Grigson is hated by who? Fans?

Who, besides you, says he's an egotistical blowhard? Fans?

Without accomplishments? GM of the year as a rookie and 11, 12 and 13 wins in his first three years.

Would ignite the team? If we play well, the team gets ignited. If we play poorly it doesn't matter what we do.

Nobody likes working for a stupid person? Grigson may be wrong, but he's not stupid. There's a difference....

Fan rants are fun..... but they're rarely anything more than a rant.

You have no facts to back up any of your assertions, it's all opinion......

He was brought in to "Build the monster". You know our owner is not happy with star war numbers and he likes SB rings?.

Yeah, those regular season stats you mentioned are beautiful.

Have you seen the post season games against the Patriots the last 3 years?. It looks like games between 2nd graders and a high school team.

This is year 4 and there are no more excuses.

Grigson is hated by who? Fans?

Who, besides you, says he's an egotistical blowhard? Fans?

Without accomplishments? GM of the year as a rookie and 11, 12 and 13 wins in his first three years.

Would ignite the team? If we play well, the team gets ignited. If we play poorly it doesn't matter what we do.

Nobody likes working for a stupid person? Grigson may be wrong, but he's not stupid. There's a difference....

Fan rants are fun..... but they're rarely anything more than a rant.

You have no facts to back up any of your assertions, it's all opinion......

Grigson carries himself like the smartest guy in the room — “he thinks he invented football,” one veteran player told me this week — but doesn’t know what he doesn’t know.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2015/11/03/doyel-colts-gm-ryan-grigson-survives-screw-up-another-day/75130104/

-Because Grigson don't call 28 pass plays in a row

-Because Grigson doesn't design bad route concepts

-Because Grigson isn't the one not using Lucks strengths

-Because Grigsons not hanging onto the ball a second to long

-Because Grigsons not the one with the bad blocking assignments on certain plays

-Because Grigsons not the one throwing into double coverage

-Because Grigsons not the one staring down receivers

-Because Grigson has not targeted his TE's a combined 66 times this season........Gronk has 63 alone for the Pats

this ^

Pretty easy to hand pick an article that supports your attitude. Why is this article so slanted in nothing but the negative aspect? This reminds me of some of the articles that were written about the Colts from some of the east coast media. For an article to be true and correct the whole picture has to be painted, not just the negative stuff.

Pretty easy to hand pick an article that supports your attitude. Why is this article so slanted in nothing but the negative aspect? This reminds me of some of the articles that were written about the Colts from some of the east coast media. For an article to be true and correct the whole picture has to be painted, not just the negative stuff.

Man, you sure type a lot of post that say literally nothing.

NCF asked a question and I answered him.

Very goo points, but since when the OC is kingmaker? Should Chuck and Ryan not have will their authority while Pep was here and have demanded him to make changes? I for one, is glad Pep is gone and his 99% call to run every 1st down.

Who's saying they did or didn't?  Pep is in charge of that Offense, during games, he's in charge of the play calling.  I'm sure that the colt's have someone listening in on the headsets that can attest to him calling 27 straight passing plays against NE, or calling those dumb deep balls when you only needed 5 or less yards. The look from Pagano Monday night said it all, he was about to fire him on the spot after that failed 3rd and inches in which he called an outside run to bradhaw who got stuffed for negative yards.  Hell, it was pretty bad when Luck ignored him and walked right by after a series ended on dumb play calls, Luck turned and looked the other way.  

It'll be interesting to see if Luck suddenly comes alive now and if the play calling changes.  

Pep wasn't very good, but Grigson is the primary person responsible for this train wreck of a season. Grigson is dumb. We can't win with a dummy as our GM

Because if the O looks competent from this point on....we'll know who a big part of the problem was. 

There is still nothing to show that personnel is at the root of the problem more so than coaching at this point.

Could be. I hope now Chuck can play players that need to play. Time for some starters to be bench. *cough* Toler 

So Grigson told Chuck to play Toler this season too?  I thought he just meddled in the offense.

Play over who?..Butler?..the rookie who got toasted in preseason then concussed?  Didn't Grigson sign everybody...they are all his guys, not just Toler.

If you bench Toler, then there will be a lot more TDs scored against the Colts. 

And who is going to be the starter (that will play better) if you bench Toler?

Source?  Because I've heard him say pretty much the complete opposite of that.

You guys need to stop using 11-5 as a defense for Grigson. This season proves that there was a lot of smoke and mirrors behind those numbers. If you wanna use 11-5 in defense of anyone, it should be Luck.

But don't try to sell anyone on Grigson or Pagano with the 3 11-5 seasons excuse.

Grigson is hated by who?      Fans?

Who, besides you, says he's an egotistical blowhard?     Fans?

Without accomplishments?        GM of the year as a rookie and 11, 12 and 13 wins in his first three years.

Would ignite the team?          If we play well, the team gets ignited.     If we play poorly it doesn't matter what we do.

Nobody likes working for a stupid person?       Grigson may be wrong,  but he's not stupid.     There's a difference....

Fan rants are fun.....     but they're rarely anything more than a rant.

You have no facts to back up any of your assertions,  it's all opinion......

Watch ESPN and NFL network once in a while, they have knocked Grigson for his failure to build an offensive line on multiple occasions.    

Fact is Grigson did this to himself by going all in free agency(raising expectations to a SB ring) without addressing the obvious problem, the o-line.  I knew it would be a problem, but thought there would be enough talent to win games despite it.  

Not for your points, but the OP, I never expected Grigson to be fired mid-season.  It will be at the end of the season if this team doesn't do more than win the division and go one and done in the playoffs.  

If this team gets hot and makes an actual playoff run, it could save his job.  If this team goes 7-9, makes the playoffs but losses the first game, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Grigson is gone.   

I don't hate Grigson. I think he's been very adequate above average even and would look much better if the players he brought in were being used accordingly. Lets not forget how great he is at managing the cap...That's a huge asset by itself. 

Take a look at the defense as it stands now, it's not what it is without him. I'm not saying it's great but I think we are highly under selling them because of the situations they've been put in all year long. Had the offense been good or average, this defense woulda easily got us to I'd argue a 6-2 record.