Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time To Move Andre Johnson down the depth chart?

TYtheGHOST

The Colts don't need to put it on the official depth chart.

Everyone now knows that T.Y. is #1 and Moncrief is #2....Johnson is #3 at best...

#4 Dorsett is still running around out there learning the game and trying to find himself.

I would bet real money that Duron Carter right now could produce better results on the field than Ancient Andre or Dorsett.

BTW, the latest comment on NFL Net  "Andre looks beyond his prime and then some".

I liked Moncrief last year. He is our second best receiver now. And it seems as though he's the only wr that can make adjustments and come back too the ball when Luck is pressured. I like Dorsett also but he was a wasted pick in the first round. It's already showing where we should have went with our first round pick. It definitely shouldn't have been on a backup receiver.

The Colts don't need to put it on the official depth chart.

Everyone now knows that T.Y. is #1 and Moncrief is #2....Johnson is #3 at best...

#4 Dorsett is still running around out there learning the game and trying to find himself.

I would bet real money that Duron Carter right now could produce better results on the field than Ancient Andre or Dorsett.

BTW, the latest comment on NFL Net  "Andre looks beyond his prime and then some".

Carter looked lost in the Pre Season and you're trying to throw jabs at Dorsett for getting used to things in the Regular season? People had to dog Carter hard in the media to wake his behind up to start producing.  If he was playing against the ones he probably couldn't even get off the jam and that would have especially been true on Monday Night.  At least Dorsett has made some plays, and I'm not going to hold it against him for the punt return fumble.  It happens with rookies, just ask Devin Hester.

This. Johnson just isn't getting much separation. Watching him during the pre-season and the first two games he seems to me to have slowed down more than most fans care to admit. Moncrief is stepping up, and he's producing. I'd rather try to build him as much as we can as opposed to putting Johnson out there to be tightly covered for the duration of a play.

I feel like Johnson can be like Boldin was for the Ravens. He's not going to beat anyone with speed. But let him use his size and strength

I would like to see more of Moncreif and Dorsett, I think there is still a place for AJ in certain formations and routes, but he is really struggling to get separation. Dorsett needs to get his feet wet, he does get good separation, he will still make some rookie mistakes, but will only get better the more he plays.

They should only use Dorsett on Bubble screens, dump offs or shallow crossing routes IMO. Bad things seem to happen when Luck throws deep to him, he's not ready to be featured yet.

No. Luck is just terrible this year. I think he's gotten a pick trying to target every receiver except Whalen. If anything, bad things seem to happen when he throws it to AJ, whether it be AJs fault or his.

Dorsett is fine. They just don't use him. But when they do Luck throws a terrible ball or makes a bad decision. It's like a Dos Equis commercial

In a make or break year (for Pagano that is), we can't afford to have AJ on the field if there is no chemistry between he and Luck.  Dorsett looks too good to keep on the bench.

Also, what about Jack Doyle?  No hype, but all that guy does is produce.  As great as Allen is, it hasn't really worked out like expected with him. 

Free agent receivers just do not pan out here in Indy.

2012 - Avery

2013 - Heyward Bey

2014 - Nicks

2015 - Johnson

Actually of all these free agents, Avery was the best.  I think we should just stick to using the receivers we bring up through our system and not go get free agents anymore.  I know its only been 3 games but Johnson is looking very slow out there and is not playing very physical. If he doesn't do much in the next few games I would really think about bringing up Carter and getting him some reps.

Ancient Andre is done, face it...his speed is non-existant, his quickness doesn't exist, his reflexes have slowed...the Team should be getting Carter up to speed as fast as possible in case one of our real receivers gets dinged.  Actually Griff can cover for what Andre does right now, possession catches

I knew Moncrief was going to take the next step from his rookie year.  I do feel he is the biggest problematic matchup for opponents.  If he took AJ's spot he would be covered by better CB's, so it would be wise to keep everything the same.  AJ will come into his role here soon.  We don't need him to be a #1.  The way I see it, if he's taking pressure of TY, and Moncrief can step in to turn tables, then it's all good!  Let's worry about the atrocious OL.  Eventhough he brough us back, let's not forget Luck didn't help out his own cause this season, until the final quarter of this game. 

I think this win is HUGE for their confidence.  I do the offense to pounce on the Jags, and by the end of the Texans game, they should be back to normal with the Pats game as a huge motivator.  Only time will tell, but this team reacts well under pressure, and that's not going away anytime soon!!

I mean...when Luck throws to AJ once a game and Luck has a hard time trusting any receiver outside of Moncrief and TY Hilton, of course theyre going to move him up. But then again, you cant blame him for not being protected. If he was protected, he would have more chemistry with all his receivers.