Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Bills: Post-Game Thread

Dustin

Some notes:

Andre Johnson is #washed

Vontae the best corner in the NFL idc idc idc

Henry Anderson is #good

Mathis can't get back quick enough. Newsome is non-existent.

If penalties are the sign of a poorly coached team than this being Pagano's last season in Indy is a good thing.

Up until T.Y. was injured, Frank Gore had more snaps at WR than Phiilip Dorsett.

Phillip Dorsett should never field a punt again.

Donte Moncrief is the Coby Fleener of WRs.

Tyler Varga is probably better than Josh Robinson and has much more juice than Frank Gore.

Both starting ILBers are depth players on better defenses.

Why didn't Pagano accept the running in the kicker penalty and attempt a 4th and 5?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried Cole is washed too. He didn't do anything out there in the preseason or today.

Cole played well against the run. Although Anderson played well, you can attribute some of his tackles to Cole as he forced the RB to cut back inside. I understand we signed him to rush the passer, but Taylor only threw the ball 19 times.

All in all: Same ole' Colts

Yep that's the feel I'm getting same ol same ol. I hope our coaching staff is on the hot seat. This soft appoach of we'll get it fixed and everything will be okay all the time isn't gonna cut it. It's same ugly trend. Coming out and getting completely outplayed, outmatched and embarrased. Its gotta stop at some point and someone needs to be held accountable.

Dorsett looked great.......when we used him properly which wasn't until the 4 QTR. Would have loved to see him AND Ty out there at the same time. Andrew couldn't really get settled in till late. As much as an excuse as it may seem, the rain played a part in his accuracy today.

A few other things to note:

Our WRs, which supposedly couldn't get any separation against the Pats and that's why we had to bring in guys like Dorsett and Andre, still couldn't get separation

Luck still has accuracy issues.

Kendall Langford had an excellent first half

The bills blitzed every play. And receivers weren't getting open. What do you expect

I wondered about the AJ signing.  There was a reason he was in a dispute with the Texans.  One game doesn't mean anything...it could've been because of a good defense, poor reads by Luck, or a poor game by Pep........but for those who said that the signing was slam dunk good, I still have my doubts.

The bills blitzed every play. And receivers weren't getting open. What do you expect

The Colts with Andrew Luck have always struggled to beat the blitz.  He hasn't learned how to make teams pay for blitzing.  It could be coaching and the lack of Pep giving him check down options on plays....or alternate plays to check into when he sees the blitz.

Positives:

• Luck will bounce back. I'm not worried about that. He actually played pretty well for most of the second half. Even the final interception was actually a pretty good throw, just a lack of separation by the receiver in single coverage and the ball got tipped. 
  • Henry Anderson had a great debut.
  • Phillip Dorsett made an immediate impact once they put him at receiver.
  • Vontae shut down Watkins.

Negatives:

• Where was the running game? Outside of Luck's 20 yards - the backs had 44 yards on just 13 carries. Why?
  • The offensive line was overmatched as a unit. Yes, this is a good defensive team. But we have to be able to win the battle at line of scrimmage against good defensive teams.
  • The pass rush. This is the most concerning of all of the issues. Tyrod Taylor was hit 0 times on 19 drop backs. 
  • Special teams were horrible today. 

All in all, disappointing but no reason to freak out yet. 

The Colts with Andrew Luck have always struggled to beat the blitz. He hasn't learned how to make teams pay for blitzing. It could be coaching and the lack of Pep giving him check down options on plays....or alternate plays to check into when he sees the blitz.

Andrew Luck was the best QB against the blitz in 2014.