Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Bills: Post-Game Thread

Dustin

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The result of the game is what I thought it would be. Our O-line was man handled all game long. I just don't understand why Grigson hasn't thrown everything at building this position. 

Before too much credit is given to the defense or the D-line in particular, we were down 24-0. The Bills went passive, which made the defense appear to play better.

The Colts had a lot of mistakes, (holding and fumbles) which played a huge role in the outcome of this game. 

Dorsett as wr = good.. punt returner = hell no

Freemen= *

Butler= stay in the damn slot where he belongs

Varga= new kick returner = bad blocker

Moncrief= tall guy who can jump but can't jump nor catch

Aj = butter fingers or just a bad game who knows

Hilton = our offense

Gore= solid running just stopped feeding him

Luck=accuracy issues

Online = horrendous at times

Dline = solid if not for the linebackers not flowing correctly

Pagano= soft a* coach who fails to put in the best player because he's buddy buddy with everyone

Pep= stupid a* OC who doesn't draw up quick passes for 3 qtrs of a game and whips em out in the last qtr like always

Anderson really had a hell of a game.

Langford really started out great.

Containment on Taylor was comical.....Also 14-19?

We bottled up McCoy well outside 1 22 yard pass play

7 Targets combined between Allen and Fleener of 49 pass attempts....This could have been used more to slow down the Bills pass rush

It seemed from the start we had no intention of running the ball and thought to jump on them earlier only to find out...Hey that Bills defense is for real

The defense didn't even have a chance today. Our offensive struggles kept them on the field a lot, and with the Bills constantly running our D got tired. Also, we were concerned with our D-Line before them game. I thought they played pretty good for the most part. It was our linebackers that really stunk in up today. I am now very concerned about DQ and more so Freeman.

Penalties and poor field position. We moved the ball reasonably well, but those things killed us.

The defense and special teams - what a joke.

Chuck's in game coaching decisions/Pep's play calling - the 52 yarder into the rain and wind. That was the point in the game where they needed to settle things down. You needed some move-the-chains play calling and make sure you get some points before half. They do the opposite, Chuck tries one of his patented 52 yarders into the rain and wind, and that was pretty much the game. Buffalo has a short field and scores again before half.

Didn't help his case with playing time with the two fumbles

Understood but that's all they can say before the fumbles was he being used? No. Would he have helped with him and Hilton out there? Hell yes. It showed in preseason when Hilton didn't play luck went to Dorsett constantly the same way he does with Hilton but he gets 5wr playing time basically

The defense didn't even have a chance today. Our offensive struggles kept them on the field a lot, and with the Bills constantly running our D got tired. Also, we were concerned with our D-Line before them game. I thought they played pretty good for the most part. It was our linebackers that really stunk in up today.

been saying that

Not a good effort today for sure. Colts were extremely sloppy on offense in the first half. I think they protected the starters too much in pre-season. Then when they would get something going they would shot themselves in the foot with a penalty. I didn't understand the lack of trying to run early and why they kept calling curl routes when the Bills corners kept jumping them.

Luck was off today and he is still getting hit too much. The line was better in the second half but I think the Bills backed off because they were up so much.

The offense looks so much better when they go true no huddle hurry up. I wish they would do it more.

Defense got tired and wore down. The lack of a pass rush was disappointing. Butler had a bad day. Davis was really good. Run defense looked good at times and bad at times. Still I expect that to improve as the year goes along. I think there is something to build on there. It's going to take time though.

Special teams were just awful. Other than Luck playing poorly I feel they are the biggest reason the Colts lost. I wouldn't be shocked to see them look for a returner this week.

Hilton's injury is the big story this week though.

I can't stand the Patriots. That said, many "experts" around the league said the Pats and in particular were done after losing to the Dolphins and getting absolutely humiliated by the Chiefs last year. Yeah, that team, ya know, the Pats that many on this forum even counted out went on to win the Superbowl. So much freaking out over one game. See what the next 5-6 games bring and we can talk again.

The Bills played better than we did. I've accepted it. They deserve to win

It's Andre's first game and he made some good 3rd down catches that I like to see. He'll be ok.

Vontae is the best.

I like how the D played against the run for most of the game but they can't allow the big runs ever.

I already said it in the preseason that Newsome was a one year wonder. If he can't make plays against a 3rd string offense, he'll never make plays.

First game penalties are normal. Pagano will get that fixed quick.

Dorsett needs more opportunities at WR. Looked good on the last drive.

Moncrief needs to play more aggressive.

I don't think Varga is better than either of the two other RBs. He plays with more heart than Robinson but his pass blocking sucks. Gore has plenty left.

You know we weren't going for that 4th and 5 that deep in the territory

In other news:

It was wet and slippery and it was some guys first real game in this offense so I'll let some things slide. Dorsett and Robinson has to play better though.. that's why we kept Ballard as everyone was happy with Robinson.

I don't think the offensive line will be good enough to get to the super bowl but hopefully this is just Rex Ryan's genius. 

Just have to swallow this until next Monday.

1st game:

D line very good (bills are a running team with avg line). Would have several sacks if not as mobile QB)

LB's not so good, slow and look lost.

V Davis beast

Other DB's not good (a passing QB would have ate them up)

OL ok, Bills front are very good and for the most part we did ok)

Gore was good until he stopped getting carries.

Robinson is good and Varga is good. They both might be best as #1's

I think Varga could be a very effective reciever also and should be PR & KR

Moncriff is very soft and scared.

TY needs more seperation and stop giving up.

Main thing: we got out coached. No excuses.

Bills defense isn't that good, we shot our own foots easily.

Well it was plenty good enough  to beat us 27-14 today.  Rather convincinly...I might add.  You asked why anyone is disregarding our offense?  No one disregards them but they continue to be incredibily inconsistent.  Like Jeckyl and Hyde.  Luck does not take care of the football as well as he needs to.  And what is up with their penchant for slow starts? Same problems that plagued us last year even with the new faces.  But we can at least take solace that this is just week one.   Oh well...on to the Jets. 

I can't stand the Patriots. That said, many "experts" around the league said the Pats and in particular were done after losing to the Dolphins and getting absolutely humiliated by the Chiefs last year. Yeah, that team, ya know, the Pats that many on this forum even counted out went on to win the Superbowl. So much freaking out over one game. See what the next 5-6 games bring and we can talk again.

The Bills played better than we did. I've accepted it. They deserve to win

worth mentioning the Colts started 0-2 last year and finished going 13-4 and a trip to the AFC title game so like pointed out too early to give up on them.