Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Bills: Post-Game Thread

Dustin

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not forget that New England lost 31-0 week 1 during one of their super bowl runs.

With that said though, Luck flat out looked horrible at times. The run defense was largely inconsistent. The offensive line still has trouble making holes in the run game and protecting Luck. Andre Johnson looked flat out bad.

It's one week though. They look this bad against the Jets at home then let's worry.

I don't think the Colts have ever had that game plan with Luck, in any game that I recall.  It started with Arians, and the game plan always seems to be a deep drop back with medium to long verticle passes.  Pretty predictable.

I'd like to see Luck in more of a west coast system, rather than whatever system we have under Pep.

Yes he always seems to be looking for the deep pass ... if he would throw some dink and dunks the D would start giving less cushion, than TY etc .. would be able to burn them deep and those deep plays would be open. 

Rick Dennison

Vic Fangio

Greg Roman

Josh Mcdaniels

Chud will probably be the guy though

Are all guys I like if Chucks gone, But that's still quite a ways away and we are only 0-1 and in a crap division so no need to panic

I think Chud is Pagano's guy ... I don't see them promoting Chud if Pagano goes. 

Sure we will get to hear how we got beat in all 3 phases of the game again in the presser and we will get it fixed. By the way, Luck is our guy but he needs to stop throwing the ball high. He has done that since getting here. High balls become tipped balls more than not. For a guy who his regarded as the most mechanically sound qb, makes no sense that is still an issue. On to the Jets!

Heres what I got out of the game.  The Bills D is for real.  They have three really solid running backs and Tyrod Taylor played very solid(perfect for this team).  The Colts need to stop the run better.  Shocker, right?  The O line could have looked better but wasn't as bad as I thought.  Moncrief and Johnson looked soft.  I think Varga should play more, I also think Geathers should start in front of Lowry or at least play more.  I thought Geathers played solid, that one play where he deflected Taylors pass was nice.  Keep in mind Luck has lost opening game 3 out of 4  years.  The Colts barely beat the Raiders week 1 of 2013 too.  I know they have work to do but I am not panicking by any means.  I think they'll look better against the Jets at home on national tv.  Only time will tell!  I hope the Bills put it to the Pats next week(kind of off topic).

I wonder what Pagano said in the post game conference. I'm assuming he just gave mad props to the Bills and said they will take a look at the game tape. I'm sure he also said something to the extent about how it's so hard to win in the NFL, haha.

"the bills did a better job chopping wood today than us"

He does still play a little soft ... which kills me; because if he would just develop that aggressive "my ball" attitude he would be a stud.

It's not that Moncrief is soft, it's he is 6'2 220 and doesn't seem to realize it....at least when the ball is in the air. Both he and fleener play small(er)

It's not that Moncrief is soft, it's he is 6'2 220 and doesn't seem to realize it....at least when the ball is in the air. Both he and fleener play small(er)

Thats true he definitely doesn't play to his size a lot, but like one of the plays today where you could tell he was worrying about getting hit instead of making more of the play/YAC, I think even the announcers made a comment on it. 

I realize getting smashed going over the middle is not something I would look forward to, but sometimes you have to suck it up and extend yourself to make the play and just know it's going to hurt ...lol

Why did we go away from the run so early? It was working really well the first drive.

I'm not surprised we lost today, I knew this would be a tough game. However, I didn't expect it to be this bad. Andrew Luck was off today and our receivers got absolutely ZERO yards after the catch.

We had WAY to many penalties and stupid mistakes.

I actually think, for the most part, our defense played pretty well.

Oh well, on to next week.

Forum gonna forum and over blow everything. 

As some who was at the game it was almost impossible for Dorsett to field those kicks. It was pouring rain and there was a tough spin on the punt(s). I'm not saying it's acceptable but I'm not going to the point of saying he should "never field punts again".

Rex is also a very hard coach to go against his defense and the rain in combination made it almost impossible to get the offensive flow together throwing the ball. We don't have the OL to match up against the Buffalo front 7 and run successfully. 

How about we stop overreacting like we did last year. Breathe pals, it's a long year and we have tons of time to fix our problems. Getting back to Lucas Oil will help.

I didn't get to watch the game, first time since 2011 I've missed a game. I only heard we lost, but knew nothing else. So far, this thread is all I know about the game...... and boy is it depressing what I'm hearing. 

I said a few days ago that our defense is two injuries from absolute ruin, and it doesn't sound like I was far off. I take it Mathis didn't play? 

Aside from all the doom and gloom, I expect our offense to pick it up quite a bit. It's just the first game, I'm sure that side of the ball will be fine, which will help put our highly suspect defense in better position. 

Final note; Our coaching staff didn't seem to do a very good job getting this crew ready. 

This team had a golden opportunity in recent years - drafting Luck, all of the cap space, playing in a cupcake division. Organizationally, they have fumbled the ball.

Is this team any better than it was at the end of Luck's rookie season? Can't see Chuck and Grigson surviving this season.

I agree

When I read somewhere predicting that we would lose, I did want to believe that but it came reality. I was expecting improved offense like better running game, better receiving yardages and stuff. I was frustrated and disappointed.

Yes, it is just one game but this showed a lot and as fan, we are disappointed. A lot need to be fixed. I don't know what they can fix but it needs quickly. I hope they have better game next week and on.

I didn't get to watch the game, first time since 2011 I've missed a game. I only heard we lost, but knew nothing else. So far, this thread is all I know about the game...... and boy is it depressing what I'm hearing. 

I said a few days ago that our defense is two injuries from absolute ruin, and it doesn't sound like I was far off. I take it Mathis didn't play? 

Aside from all the doom and gloom, I expect our offense to pick it up quite a bit. It's just the first game, I'm sure that side of the ball will be fine, which will help put our highly suspect defense in better position. 

Final note; Our coaching staff didn't seem to do a very good job getting this crew ready.

Yeah, i dont think it is as bad as everyone makes it sound, as the 1st half was ending Vinny missed a FG, then Colts gave up a TD in fonal seconds of 1st half, then gave up a TD on the opening drive of the second half, that 17 point swing was what lost the game...

But the team overall was unprepared, getting outcoached by sexy rexy always stings...

You did not miss much. Offense sucked whole game, defense worked tail off whole game. special team messed up. I have a nfl gamepass package to replay game but I will not going to watch again. It was painful to watch once and It was bad enough already.

If we don't have drive-killing holding calls (Holmes and Castanzo) and protect the ball (Luck and Dorsett) we win the game today.

If you negative nancies need someone to blame, look no further than those handful of mistakes.

We can run the ball and stop the run, which is what every Colts fan has wanted forever.  The passing game should come around, and if everyone stays healthy, we can have a legit defense.

Hopefully, the worst game of the season is out of the way.

This team had a golden opportunity in recent years - drafting Luck, all of the cap space, playing in a cupcake division. Organizationally, they have fumbled the ball.

Is this team any better than it was at the end of Luck's rookie season? Can't see Chuck and Grigson surviving this season.

We went to the AFCG last year, ya know. We've also gone 1 step further into the playoffs each year since 2012. 

This organization did all this after finishing 2011 as (by far) the worst team in the league. I expect us to be deep in the playoffs this season. I have no reason not to think this. 

Live in Seahawks country and had to work today. Turned on local sports radio on the way home and expected to hear about Seahawks/Rams and what did I hear? Twenty minute discussion about how the Super Bowl bound Indianapolis Colts imploded in Buffalo.

Now I will say most of the Seahawk fans are posers and they are probably trying to deflect their loss on someone else....but even they said:

- No oline

- Pep didn't adjust to the situation. Poor game planning.

- Why did they stop the run

- Penalties

Outside of penalties this can mostly be laid at the feet of coaches/staff.....probably penalties also if it a training issue.

Everyone can say it's first game jitters, wet field, etc. but our competition/peers (Denver, Green Bay, NE, even San Diego) don't seem to have these problems.

Just my 2 cents.