Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can't Imagine How Dangerous Colts Would Be With A Dt...

bap1331

If they pressure the qb, vontae and toler (on a good day) would force way more turnovers.

Is there a possibility for a blockbuster trade to fulfill this need? If so, who would you want and what would you give up?

Doubt it, they like who they have and anyone that could be traded for would cost way too much. 

If they pressure the qb, vontae and toler (on a good day) would force way more turnovers.

Is there a possibility for a blockbuster trade to fulfill this need? If so, who would you want and what would you give up?

With Pagano so big on 4 man fronts, you would think GRIGSON would at least have given him a situational Rush DT by now!

The lack of this IS Killing our D.

I thought we had several DTs. Just signed Jones to a big deal a year ago and we signed Langford this offseason and drafted a couple young guys. Perhaps we could have got a big name like Suh but then we wouldn't be able to afford guys like TY and Luck...well at least without having to gut the roster. I'm pretty happy with our offseason so far. Perhaps they won't work out as far as winning a SB but I think we've added quality players to this team and we should be in for another fun season.

This is what you get when draft at the end of every round 12 of the last 14 years 

its tough to get prime talent when you draft late, the key is, to find the gems in the draft, this is all about scouting and detailed evaluations. Some work and some don't 

But we sure have been blessed for the last 14 years with only 2 losing seasons which brought us Dwight Freeney (2002) and Andrew Luck (2012)

Look at all the team that draft high every year. Nearly everyone of them do not have any or lasting success 

I would much rather have a shot at winning it all most every year than losing just to fill needs 

Go Horse

Well I see Mr. Antonio "Mookie" Johnson just got released.  Let's pick him up and we'll be as good as gold!

He's such a beast of a nose tackle. LOL! Coming back to reality I really don't know how everything will play

out at NT, but we do need to improve.  I think the answer is either Hughes or Kerr as the starter with Parry

contributing depending on the situation.

I just don't understand why all the other 31 teams don't let us have their best d-line men, and the league doesn't revoke the salary cap on us. So unfair.

A lot of teams actually use a high draft pick for their linemen and this is why they have solid line play.

Mewhort  was a 2nd rounder and is a solid player for us, we need more of that on draft day.

And most of those teams struggle to score 10 points a game.

Touche' but they don't have Luck under center. Imagine what Luck could do without having

to deal with a Manning esque line in front of him. 

Our line isn't world beaters but I'm hoping for the best, maybe Gore and the rest can find

a little daylight and be ok with what we have.

I think Parry is going to develop into a monster.

Hey,  I'm a Stanford fan,  and I don't think he'll ever be a monster.    Not for the Colts,  not for any team he plays for.

Parry doesn't have a monster skill set.

But that doesn't mean he can't be a good, effective player.    And that's what the Colts drafted him to be.    A disruptive penetrating nose tackle.     Quick off the ball.    Shoot some gaps.    Get under neath some OL.    Gum up the works.    If he can do all that -- and I think he can -- then the Colts will be happy.

But a monster?     I don't see it.      He wasn't a monster in college.    Highly doubt he'll be one in the NFL.

I would address the O-line first and why only Herremans huh? E. Mathis to the Broncos and Grigs couldʻnt persuade him to come on board....CʻMON GRIGS!

There is some history between Grigs and the Eagles

It appears to be mostly positive, but lets face it.........  not everyone gets along with everyone else

Mathis and Grigs could just be personalies that dont mesh

Think about ALL of your past co-workers...... you liked some of them, and wouldnt mind working with them again.......

but....... there is that dude in accounting.......  you know.... "Bob"   what a wienie.......     You WOULDNT want to work with him again

Another factor might have benn Heremans, who knows if they just didnt get along

There is always something going on behind the scenes that isnt visable........

I think if the BPA next years R1 is a WR we should without question draft him over any prevailing needs the team may have such as OL, DL, or LB.  It's a great myopic way to run a draft.  I know, I have an issue.  I liked the rest of the draft actually.  There were several OT's available to us in R1 and D linemen that could have been very nice picks and I would still rather have an every down contributor (even if it was second round grade) than a 1st round guy who we don't need and may play 10 plays per game versus 50.  Not everyone agrees, I know.  Ideally, I'm completely wrong and the O and D lines turn out to be awesome and Dorsett turns out to be a world beater and we win a Super Bowl.  

Sorry...I don't see our defense any better than last year. We don't have the force at DT that we need on this current roster. Parry may end up pretty decent but doubt he becomes a Monster type. More of a hard hat & lunch pail kinda guy. We still need some real nasties up front. I grow weary of the docile nature of our defense.

I would have liked to grab Ngata. I would have jumped at the chance to get Wilfork on a one or two year rental. Both of these players were easily attainable.

I think Parry is our best chance for a decent NT.

Not getting Wilfork made no sense to me at all, considering the importance of NT in their scheme. In the worst case, he's be a rotational player. In the best case, he'd be the imposing NT that makes everything else work in the 3-4 scheme.

A lot of teams actually use a high draft pick for their linemen and this is why they have solid line play.

Mewhort  was a 2nd rounder and is a solid player for us, we need more of that on draft day.

we had two first round picks, and one second round pick on the line last year. 

Wrong, we didn't have a first rounder last year because of the T Rich trade and

Mewhort was our first pick in the 2nd rd.

what i meant was AC and CG were both first round picks that played on our line last year.  mewhort was our first player selected in the draft

well GC is old and has horrible knees not worth crap

true.  my comment was in response to people saying we need more high picks on the line.  which might be true, but high picks are no guarantee to pan out.  jockel and fisher are among the worst tackles in the game right now.  GC was better than they were last year.

the odds are slim, unless we find someone buried on a depth chart that turns into a star with us.

teams dont trade away good pass rushers because realistically you will never have too many

The Colts (Irsay/Grigson) don't do blockbusters...they do minor upgrades at multiple positions and spread out the millions over 5 to 7 players at 4M to 8M each, but all the millions DO get spent...and mostly on 'over-the-hill gang' players...and then Grigson does his dumpster-diving routine and comes up with a few more roster additions from nowhere...same thing year after year after year.

I wish they would blow the whole year's cap room on 2 or 3 TOP FAs and to H*** with other holes...fill them as best as possible.