Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

Yes when you take a pin to gauge pressure you will lose some pressure, which PFT pointed out. I'd be a little nervous if the second measurement was higher, not lower. Regardless, they are all still far below while the Colts were fine. You can ignore the incriminating text messages to fit your narrative though.

That fishy smell is Tom Brady's reputation.

what incriminating text message? we don't know what brady told them. maybe brady was like 'it better be 12.5!!'

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the GM from the Browns gets suspended for 4 games and fined $250k for texting (which didn't effect game play) Shady Brady's punishment should be way worse. Like you said, Brady even held a press conference and lied through his teeth about it and also saying he was just doing what he's always been doing. He just finally got caught. 

Also, let's be real here. Pete Carrol's bonehead decision to throw instead of handing off to beast mode won the NE Cheaters the SB. <- Which will forever have an asterisk next to it. 

Oh it was Carol's decision which won NE the game, and not the "catch" that got Seattle down there to begin with? Come on. Patriots play lights out D down the stretch.

You have a history of attacks. You're the Clown here is what's funny. I do enjoy laughing, thanks for asking :)

History of attacks really ,  Funny that you might say something so wildly inaccurate I will just say your welcome to your opinion IMO your just a lil over sensitive .

I questioned your inability to produce facts your replies speak for themselves . I will point out to you if you really don't want to talk quit trying to get the last word .

Unless of course you would like to produce some links some  facts that prove your posts were'nt just jibberish .

To the 14 or so guys who quoted me. Fines are not all that I would like to see. As I said, I hadn't digested anything. All I knew was reading the conclusion and some press reports. So I only could start with that. I'd start with the fine, by the time I'm done, it will almost certainly involve suspension and maybe even a team fine as well.

So let me digest and I'll be back with a final proposal, at which time you are free to agree or not agree. But as it stands right now, Brady lost some respect big time from me.

EDIT: Thank god it wasn't 14... I had some other quotes in there and haven't been here in oh about 100 days... will try to read that report tonight and post a detailed summary of what I think should be the punishment.

I was at the Baltimore game and let me tell you it was the best game I've been to by far. I was row 10 in the south endzone and saw almost every Pats TD and a bunch of meaningful plays. To go from that feeling, to what happened after the Colts game, now come to find out at least Brady knew what he was doing... that hurts. It's hard being a Patriots fan, partly for what they've done in the past with the rules, and partly because they win so much and are hated. So this only makes things worse.

But I can't in good conscience ever defend them against a cheating accusation. Not ever. They never get the benefit of the doubt from me again.

I'm also * at Kraft and the organization for standing behind Brady. On their own, most of what's in the report wouldn't point to much. But when you put it all together, Brady knew. It's gonna take some time to get over that.

Either Brady knew, or these two * ball guys went rogue on their own. Not gonna happen. They ever did that they would never work in the NFL again, for any team.

History of attacks really , Funny that you might say something so wildly inaccurate I will just say your welcome to your opinion IMO your just a lil over sensitive .

I questioned your inability to produce facts your replies speak for themselves . I will point out to you if you really don't want to talk quit trying to get the last word .

Unless of course you would like to produce some links some facts that prove your posts were'nt just jibberish .

Word.

Still reading through the "report" but much is just speculative and circumstantial so I am not sure what punishment would come of this. I think the text messages are the most damning part for the Pats. Not to mention the ball pressure measurements. As most of said from the beginning, it is very hard to prove ball tampering but the NFL can punish for just the appearance ...

Going down with still believing the Patriots did nothing wrong. I don't see how any fan can be so blind and be so supportive of a team that has had a history of cheating and till last AFC championship game continued to cheat. There was ball tampering no matter what you think.

such a butt hurt fans.

Proof of what? Deflating? Inflating? It sounds like one of the guys would overinflate the balls to * off Brady, which is hilarious.

Do you have a quota of inane comments that you have to reach in this thread?

You haven't posted anything that even vaguely resembles a rational point.

After reading this report, I went to a Fortune Teller to find out what will happen. She told me, as a punishment, all Patriots running backs were made to wear blindfolds for the entire season. Unfortunately the Colts lost the regular season encounter in overtime.

Games operations. Ball deflation is a games operations violation which is why there is the $25k fine. It is not the same at all as pumping in noise, etc. Still, I think Roger will go hard with this as he does on most things ...

On one of ESPN's NFL shows today,  Bill Polian, who was a 19-year member of the competition committee said this was far worse than what Atlanta did (pump crowd noise in)  or what Cleveland did (text messages)  because it happened on the field -- between the white lines.

He expects serious punishment.    Any talk of a $25k fine would be laughed at by everyone.....

Not at all, the pats cheated, and brady paid people to do it.

Below is the appropriate punishment Which I know won't happen.

Loss of 1st round draft pick for 2016.

10 million dollar salary cap reduction for 3 years effective immediately.

Tom brady, 1 year suspension.

1 year post season ban.

brady stripped of his super mvp title.

Brady 5 million fine.

OMG...NO-way.......NFL would be hard pressed to fine John Wayne Gacey 1/2 that..>.<

On one of ESPN's NFL shows today,  Bill Polian, who was a 19-year member of the competition committee said this was far worse than what Atlanta did (pump crowd noise in)  or what Cleveland did (text messages)  because it happened on the field -- between the white lines.

He expects serious punishment.    Any talk of a $25k fine would be laughed at by everyone.....

We can be sure that Kraft's good pal Goodell will minimize any damage to the Pats.

Pretty good break down of the report here and why the "evidence" against Brady is weak, http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/06/hurley-wells-report-doesnt-have-enough-information-to-condemn-tom-brady/

The entire arguement of the "Major Note" in this article for Brady is what Brady had said.  "Brady said this, Brady said that"  If Brady is a liar, as the report suggests, then this entire article is mute.

This whole thing gives the sport and everyone in it a black eye if you ask me.  Things have gotten out of hand and it's disappointing

I also think Tom Brady has completely trashed his personal brand.  I don't much care about punishments but I am interested to see how his endorsement contracts do (or not)

Here's the text for Tom....

"I'd like to say upfront that this whole Deflategate starts with me and ends with me.   This was all entirely my idea.    No one else in the Patriiots organization,  not Mr. Kraft,  not Coach Bellichick, knew anything about this.    The only other people who knew about this were the two men I approached about this -- (gives their names)  

Those men should not lose their jobs over this, and if they do I'll write a check for their salary for a year.

And if the franchise gets fined, which they should not,  I'll be glad to write that check as well, no matter how big.

I expect to be fined.   A lot.   And I'll write that check the very instant I learn of the fine.    I do not expect to be suspended.   Frankly, and this won't make me popular with anyone,  but this type of violation is pretty common.   When it happened, you heard lots of current and former NFL quarterbacks talking about how they did it when they played.     This "NFL crime" to me is more misdemeanor than felony, in my opinion.

What elevates this to a higher offense is that I lied about it.   And I asked the two other guys involved to lie about it.  I did not cooperate with the investigation.    And I did all of that because I was not going to run the risk that the NFL -- under great pressure from the media and fans alike at the time  -- would possibly suspend me for the Super Bowl.  That might not seem possible now looking back.   But back in the moment,  that seemed highly likely to me,  and I just wasn't going to take that chance -- no matter how remote it seems.

I'm sorry to my family and friends who I let down.    I'm sorry to Mr. Kraft and Coach Bellichick for causing such a distraction and headache and, frankly, an embarrassment to the team.    What I thought was a minor issue blew up into something huge and out-of-control and I did the best I could to try and contain it.   Clearly,  I didn't do a very good job...

But now that the report is out,  I'm here to take all blame.   The two men who helped me did so at my direct request.   I don't think you can expect those guys to refuse me, and they didn't.   I don't think this should stain the accomplishments of the Patriots.    If you think this should stain my legacy...   well, then,  so-be-it.

Thanks,  and now I'll take your questions....."

If I were Tom Brady,  this is what I'd say to the media tomorrow....   (Thursday morning...)

This whole thing gives the sport and everyone in it a black eye if you ask me.  Things have gotten out of hand and it's disappointing

I also think Tom Brady has completely trashed his personal brand.  I don't much care about punishments but I am interested to see how his endorsement contracts do (or not)

Very true

His Image has been damaged forever

We can be sure that Kraft's good pal Goodell will minimize any damage to the Pats.

I don't think we can be sure of that at all...

When the Pats were busted a number of years back for videotaping the signals of other teams,  Goodell hit them with the largest fine in NFL history at the time.

I think it was $750k and a 1st round draft pick.

I don't think Goodell can afford to look like he's going easy on Kraft....  everyone knows they're close.   Goodell can't look like Kraft's puppet.