Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Colts sign a NT?

I feel like they're dropping the ball here and will be run over AGAIN next year because they do not have a dependable NT who can occupy 2 blockers consistently.

Overall, I must say I'm not overly impressed by Grigson's signings again this year, as he has again signed mid tier players other than Andre and Frank.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like they're dropping the ball here and will be run over AGAIN next year because they do not have a dependable NT who can occupy 2 blockers consistently.

Overall, I must say I'm not overly impressed by Grigson's signings again this year, as he has again signed mid tier players other than Andre and Frank.

/Sigh

Just want to double check something here....

You do realize that Free Agency doesn't end today?     It started today!

We can sign guys tomorrow,  or Thursday or Friday and they count just the same as if we signed them today!

We might even sign some guys next week!

Free Agency is NOT over.       Take a deep breath......     now exhale.....

You should REALLLLLY do some research before you post

We're in talks with Wilfork and also others

I'm more disappointed that the Colts have yet again signed rotational players like Langford and Trent Cole for good money. On defense this team needs starters and difference makers. I don't see Cole or Langford as that.

I just hope we sign Williams, Knighton, or Wilfork before they are all gone. If we don't get one of them, I not feeling too confident about this defense going into next year.

Did you expect us to go out and sign all the big name players on the market? And just throw a bunch of money out hoping they perform. There is also competition on the market. We're not the only team going after these guys. And ultimately its up to the player. Grigs and company can throw everything at them and they turn and say no thanks. It's buisness. I think you need to slow down a bit and put things in perspective.

I'm more disappointed that the Colts have yet again signed rotational players like Langford and Trent Cole for good money. On defense this team needs starters and difference makers. I don't see Cole or Langford as that.

I just hope we sign Williams, Knighton, or Wilfork before they are all gone. If we don't get one of them, I not feeling too confident about this defense going into next year.

Trent Cole is easily a starter and he very well could be a difference maker...

Did you expect us to go out and sign all the big name players on the market? And just throw a bunch of money out hoping they perform. There is also competition on the market. We're not the only team going after these guys. And ultimately its up to the player. Grigs and company can throw everything at them and they turn and say no thanks. It's buisness. I think you need to slow down a bit and put things in perspective.

There is a market in between

And let's face it...if after the patriots loss I said the colts should sign a bunch of 33 year old dudes this forum who have laughed at me. Can these signings work out? Sure. But relying on guys their age can be tricky business.

We definitely need to sign a big body up front, I'm hoping seeing the Pats run all over us AGAIN, got that point across. NT isn't a sexy sell for guys used to playing DT as well, so I can understand the logistics behind signing someone. I'm not sure if Cole is worth the 16 mil/2 year contract they reported, but it's depth. I really just want to see Luck getting protected and our D-Line beefed up.

Lets recap the extremely short offseason thus far:

The Colts need a RB to fill the power back role vacated by an injury prone Bradshaw and a fat, slow TR. 

Grigs signs Gore. Check

The Colts need a vet WR to fill the hole left by an unproductive NIcks and aging Wayne. 

Grigs (apparently) signs Andre Johnson. Check.

The Colts need a quicker, interior DL guy to fill the hole vacated by a released and overpaid RJF and an aging Redding. 

Grigs (apparently) signs Langford.  Check

The Colts need a RG.  Grigs signs a guy who all say can play, but suffered through injuries last year, Herremans, to a contract that reflects the uncertainty. Check

The Colts needed another pass rusher. 

Grigs signs Cole. Check

Grigs is hitting it out of the park, frankly.

Need some news about another Safety, however.

There is a market in between

And let's face it...if after the patriots loss I said the colts should sign a bunch of 33 year old dudes this forum who have laughed at me. Can these signings work out? Sure. But relying on guys their age can be tricky business.

And these are solid signings that are filling needs and giving us experience and depth as well as some good quality players. All these guys have contributed pretty largely to their previous teams and have been solid players. And as long as health permits there is no reason to believe they cant help us and contribute till our younger talent develops more. And people get upset because they think any player we go after should be singned by us. They get all upset when we dont get who they want or the "big name" guy. Players have the choice and there are multiple teams competing for their services. Its a slugfest seeing who's gonna win.

And these are solid signings that are filling needs and giving us experience and depth as well as some good quality players. All these guys have contributed pretty largely to their previous teams and have been solid players. And as long as health permits there is no reason to believe they cant help us and contribute till our younger talent develops more. And people get upset like they think if any player we go after should be signed. And they get upset... thats rediculous!!! Players have the choice and there are multiple teams competing for their services.

Thanks for filling me in on the obvious. But people are still going to give their opinions...not that big of deal.

If you believe the reports that he's flying in Irsay's private plane with Gore, then yes, we did. But you're right, there has not been anything official or anything really leaked.

Go to the Gore/Johnson thread..

there's pics of him getting off Irsay's jet....in Indy

Maybe we go all in and trade up for Shelton? It'd take quite a bit, but may be worth it. Jordan Phillips is more realistic. IMO, we cant go into the season with Chapman and Langford starting. If we fix the D-Line, our defense will be pretty good.

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, March 11, 2015 - Inappropriate
Hidden by SteelCityColt, March 11, 2015 - Inappropriate

He's in Indianapolis for the night

He's poppin pills and drinkin it up withy jimmy boi...he'll sign when coherent again.

Maybe jimmy slipped him a mickey...he might be a little woozy right now.

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, March 11, 2015 - Quoting Hidden Post
Hidden by SteelCityColt, March 11, 2015 - Quoting Hidden Post

He's poppin pills and drinkin it up withy jimmy boi...he'll sign when coherent again.

Maybe jimmy slipped him a mickey...he might be a little woozy right now.

:sigh:

The human race is so ignorant