Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With All Due Respect

iLoveMyBoys

With much respect to Peyton Manning who has had a great career and a sure 1st ballot hall famer.

Does anyone else agree with me that Manning was a great player but he is/was a product of the talent always around him. Players like Reggie, Marvin, Dallas, Edge, Faulk, etc. Made Peyton who he is today.

Personally he couldn't put up the #s without superior talent around him unlike Mr Brady who i personally dont like. Not to mention he is responsible for ending Austin Collies career.

Am i over exaggerating or what?

With much respect to Peyton Manning who has had a great career and a sure 1st ballot hall famer.

Does anyone else agree with me that Manning was a great player but he is/was a product of the talent always around him. Players like Reggie, Marvin, Dallas, Edge, Faulk, etc. Made Peyton who he is today.

Personally he couldn't put up the #s without superior talent around him unlike Mr Brady who i personally dont like. Not to mention he is responsible for ending Austin Collies career.

I think you're over exaggerating a bit....   (and I wasn't even a Colts fan back in the day...)

Very impressed with the board a troll totally ignored. Go try you antics on a different board. 

With all due respect, this is moronic.

Right, and he made them who they were too. It was symbiotic, not just a one-way thing.

To the bolded, that is complete speculation which is false. And, there's been enough Manning v Brady topics. Go read those

Im a die hard colts fan I've never cheered for another team outside of Indiana of any sport. I love and respect Peyton for what he did here but we could have ended up with more rings.

Peyton has always had elite talent around him which he greatly benefited from to go along with his laser cannon arm and football IQ but he lacked in the playoff clutch department.

Honestly if it wasn't for Bob Sanders we wouldn't even have one. I hope Luck delivers more rings.

It's not PM's fault that Collie had a glass jaw. 

Manning had Blair White (who?) leading the league in receptions through a good portion of 2010, if my memory serves me. Manning makes the players around him excel. 

No. Peyton made most of them into what they were. I don't fault Peyton for all of Collie's head injuries, but I have always felt Peyton leads his inside guys into trouble more often than other QBs. He did it with Clark, Collie, Stokely, and Wes Welker the last couple years. Maybe he just doesn't like white receivers.

Faulk only played one year with Manning. And to answer your question , i would agree that you are a troll.

Wow did JJ start this?

No .. JJ has nothing in this thread . Also he has always been a good guy in the forum and I just think he may have used bad judgement in the other thread. In any event . we really need to stop calling him out and move on. I really don't think it's that ig of a deal and enough has been said . Just my opinion for what it's worth

No. Peyton made most of them into what they were. I don't fault Peyton for all of Collie's head injuries, but I have always felt Peyton leads his inside guys into trouble more often than other QBs. He did it with Clark, Collie, Stokely, and Wes Welker the last couple years. Maybe he just doesn't like white receivers

LOL with that one. Pretty good. As for Collie , that pass that he had his first concussion on was for sure a suicide mission. 

Only a product of the players around him?... thats crazy.

A lot of people make the argument the other way around, that Wayne, Harrison, Dallas etc were just products of 18. Yes In Denver he has DT and JT etc to work with, but Erik Decker? Over 1000 yards and over 10TD? Really? With those other guys on the roster too? No way that is just because he has the other guys to work with.... If you put another good QB like Brees or Rivers on that Denver team that had those guys, no way would they have put up those numbers with entirely new players like Manning did..

Its only March and Im nominating this thread the :facepalm: thread of the year...This one is going to be near impossible to top and we have had some real doozey's

The OP would like that. That's just the attention that he/she was hoping for.

No .. JJ has nothing in this thread . Also he has always been a good guy in the forum and I just think he may have used bad judgement in the other thread. In any event . we really need to stop calling him out and move on. I really don't think it's that ig of a deal and enough has been said . Just my opinion for what it's worth

Was there another thread like this one? lol.

I think one is enough.

I do think Tom Brady is better, he definitely did more with less than Manning.

Manning is still great though. I wouldn't take anything away from him. 

This is a two way street though.

Manning also did more with less as well, defensively. As a QB, Manning is head and shouders above all others. My hate goggles for Brady have come off since Manning has been in Denver and I see what he's done/doing but you cant deny the notion that if you did swap Manning and Brady all those years ago that the outcome would be the same if not better for Manning and possibly even worse for Brady.

Thats all i was trying to say BPG. Peyton is a great player and i guess this opinion could go both ways but Reggie Wayne and others have continued to produce without Peyton too thats all im saying.

What makes guys like Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, and Tony Dungy not 1st ballot hall of famers. Reggie and Marvin both have put up top 5to10 stats for WR all time.

PM is a football player with great skills. How do you know? You simply watch him play like any other player. The intangibles far out weigh stats. Does PM become better with great receivers. Of course but he still has to play against a defense,  get the ball to them, and score. A great QB will just have better success.. Otherwise you're looking at a team just needing great receivers and an avg QB.

Just because you start a sentance with all due respect....doesn't mean you can say whatever you like and its not insulting or offensive. Yes, I'm a big Colts fan and also a huge Peyton fan but this whole thread just smells of crap. Baiting an arguement. I would be surprised to see this thread stay open as there is nothing about Peyton's career to even hint that he was a product of playing with superior teammates and rode their coat tails.

Just because you start a sentance with all due respect....doesn't mean you can say whatever you like and its not insulting or offensive. Yes, I'm a big Colts fan and also a huge Peyton fan but this whole thread just smells of crap. Baiting an arguement. I would be surprised to see this thread stay open as there is nothing about Peyton's career to even hint that he was a product of playing with superior teammates and rode their coat tails.

Posters like that should be ignored. He is a troll and may have little of value to contribute. He won't be on this board much longer if he keeps it up.

Don't feed the trolls.

I think you guys are all TROLLs for trying to label me as one for just debating and voicing my opinion i mean WOW really.

I never in one sentence said anything negative of Peyton nor will I. Like i said he was great player and 1st ballot hall of famer who should of had more rings.

You guys need to get real and not so defensive it was a thread I started to voice my own opinion and debate with others. But I know it won't be anything else debated on this thread besides me being a troll.

Lesson learned you guys are really something else