Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ngata could be released, reports Baltimore Sun

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how to link it, but thought interesting considering how Pagano likes his ravens. Could be released to save money if new deal can't be worked. Personally would prefer him over Suh, mainly less baggage with big difference maker on the defensive front.

I'd be surprised if him and the Ravens don't get things worked out...but if they don't, and he winds up out the door...I'd like to see him in a Colts uniform provided we don't break the bank.

At 31, he should have 2-3 years of solid play left in him.

Not sure how to link it, but thought interesting considering how Pagano likes his ravens. Could be released to save money if new deal can't be worked. Personally would prefer him over Suh, mainly less baggage with big difference maker on the defensive front.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/fantasy/fantasy-football/update/25061865/report-ravens-tell-haloti-ngata-to-take-pay-cut-or-be-released

I find it difficult to imagine anyone preferring him over Suh.

Yes, if he's cut we absolutely have to call. Even at 31 he's an instant upgrade over what we have. If we were to snag him I'd even forget about the time he nearly killed me during a high school rugby game.

Wow...glad you're still around! lol   How many on here actually competed against Nagata in any sport?  Would love to hear about it. :)

Ngata would completely change the defense. I think he stays with Baltimore unless he had a good relationship with Pagano and a third party can reach out to him. The Colts are the only other team that makes sense if that's the case. System / need / relationship

I'd take him. Lord knows we need some good d lineman

Would be a huge upgrade over Chapman too. Would instantly make our D line better.

Ngata would only play the nose on 3rd down . He would be playing the 5 technique on our defense, which would be jones and him outside and chappy in the middle .

Best Nose Tackle in the NFL bar none.

Only he doesn't play the nose. He plays at end on a 3 front. Dan Williams from the cardinals plats nose, a nose tackle is like a Casey Hampton from back in the days with the steelers . Either way, ngata would be a great pick up

Only he doesn't play the nose. He plays at end on a 3 front. Dan Williams from the cardinals plats nose, a nose tackle is like a Casey Hampton from back in the days with the steelers . Either way, ngata would be a great pick up

Your missing my point. Even if he only plays the Nose on 3rd down or in short yardage or whatever situation, he's the best.

The fact that his 350lb frame can operate at the 3-Tech is Icing on the top.

Your missing my point. Even if he only plays the Nose on 3rd down or in short yardage or whatever situation, he's the best.

The fact that his 350lb frame can operate at the 3-Tech is Icing on the top.

True I don't even know who the best nose tackle is now a days. Ngata of course when he is on there like you said

Fairly would play end on our front. If we go young and assuming ngata stays with Bmore, I'd say sign Dan Williams for our nose tackle. Sign nick fairly to occupy our end spot. Release RJF! Let redding walk most likely retire, and keep the young bucks in Kerr, Hughes, and chappy, while signing one 5 technique through the draft. With this we can now draft offensive line , another Mike backer ( perryman) I just saw his highlights reminds me of Patrick Willis at ole miss. Draft a young safety and a pass rusher.

I find it difficult to imagine anyone preferring him over Suh.

As a Husker fan, my preference would seem to be obvious. But in this case I'd prefer to see the Colts invest big bucks on a guy who is a bit less crazy than Suh. I had thought he would change as he grew up, but if anything he seems to be getting worse. "Pot Roast" Knighton may be available as a free agent, would cost less and would hurt Denver by taking him from them.

As a Husker fan, my preference would seem to be obvious. But in this case I'd prefer to see the Colts invest big bucks on a guy who is a bit less crazy than Suh. I had thought he would change as he grew up, but if anything he seems to be getting worse. "Pot Roast" Knighton may be available as a free agent, would cost less and would hurt Denver by taking him from them.

Pot Roast has underachieved most of his career and was fined 500k this season for being overweight.....I would be leery.

How is Suh crazy? I get he plays a rough style of football, but hardly crazy.

Suh is NOT a NT. He plays DT in a 4-3

Could he be a NT? ........maybe

You don't pay 15-20 mil for a maybe

He probably projects to 3-4 DE

We need a NT....

I would try to get Ngata..... If available and the price is right

Suh and nose tackle don't even belong in the same sentence. If you sign Suh, it's not to be a nose tackle. The "maybe" doesn't even exist.

If you want a nose tackle, that has nothing to do with wanting or not wanting Suh.

Instead of signing Suh, I wonder would it be financially feasible to sign Ngata and Terrance Knighton at the same time?  Grigs usually likes arrangements where he can get 2 or multiple players for the price that you would normally pay for one guy.  Not sure how realistic this scenario is with Knighton and Ngata, but I'd love it if we could.