Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Those of you that don't want to pay Luck, what do you suggest we do with him?

peytonmanning18

Cut him and sign Painter, we don't deserve a franchise QB.

/sarcasm/

Well some of the people on here would rather do this based on some of the things I've read. Did people think when we drafted Luck he would play four years for us and we'd let him leave? Did they hope that he wouldn't be this good and we could sign him cheaper?

Well some of the people on here would rather do this based on some of the things I've read. Did people think when we drafted Luck he would play four years for us and we'd let him leave? Did they hope that he wouldn't be this good and we could sign him cheaper?

this is a very likely scenario.

Plus don't forget that Wilson's contract is also under negotiation: Luck's contract may affect Wilson's contract and vica versa. 

I think live in a world where they hope for a hometown discount but it doesn't really happen and hardly ever happens for a super star QB on his first big money deal after his rookie contract. At some point he has to make his money that will set him up for life. I have no problem with Luck taking what he's worth.

I think live in a world where they hope for a hometown discount but it doesn't really happen and hardly ever happens for a super star QB on his first big money deal after his rookie contract. At some point he has to make his money that will set him up for life. I have no problem with Luck taking what he's worth.

lmao. He will make enough off field to set himself up for 3 lifetimes. You people are ___ __!

There is absolutely no way that we don't resign Luck and it will be a mega deal no doubt. Look at all the things this young football player brings. Smart, big, speed, strong arm, upstanding citizen. Just everything you look for in a QB. He doesn't seem to get emotionally rattled when things go bad, he stands in the pocket when things continually fall apart. He has things to improve on for certain but again, 3 years of experience, he has accomplished quite a bit on a team with an oline that I believe many college teams could have better fronts for Luck.

Luck will and should get paid, and paid well he will. This teams lack of success is not on him mostly, he has had a few head scratcher moments but still, he is the very bottom on the list of things wrong with this team.

Luck is VERY overrated.  He can play anywhere he wants.  I expect him to leave Indy and play in the city of his choosing.  He lived down south, enjoyed his time on the west coast.  He thinks the mid-west has nothing to offer.  Would love to live on the east coast.  I expect him to make a deal with New England and he'll be out soon.  Good riddance, he is not elite and never will be. QBs are a dime a dozen.  It takes a team of dedicated men to make a winning team.  Colts coaches stink.  Give me 53 hungry men and I'll make a better team than the boys on this roster.

Luck is VERY overrated.  He can play anywhere he wants.  I expect him to leave Indy and play in the city of his choosing.  He lived down south, enjoyed his time on the west coast.  He thinks the mid-west has nothing to offer.  Would love to live on the east coast.  I expect him to make a deal with New England and he'll be out soon.  Good riddance, he is not elite and never will be. QBs are a dime a dozen.  It takes a team of dedicated men to make a winning team.  Colts coaches stink.  Give me 53 hungry men and I'll make a better team than the boys on this roster.

/s?

Luck is a top 10 QB, but he's not better then Rodgers, Brady, or Big Ben. Brees, Wilson, Rivers, and Ryan are debatable. Brees and Ryan are the only QB's making $20m a year and It's hurting their team because they can't pay everyone. Given his subpar performances in the playoffs, I don't think he's worth $20+m. He shouldn't be paid more then what Rodgers and Brady are making. If he does become the highest paid player in the league it's going to be difficult to make the playoffs let alone win a superbowl.

The Texans are a QB away from winning this division, we have the better QB but they have better players. There's no guarantee that we'll make the playoffs with how tough the AFC is, it takes 11 wins to win a wildcard. If Luck gets paid, were going to lose some really good players. Castonzo and Hilton are due for huge contracts, Allen and Fleener are going to get paid as well. They won't be able to pay all those players. 

Luck is a top 10 QB, but he's not better then Rodgers, Brady, or Big Ben. Brees, Wilson, Rivers, and Ryan are debatable. Brees and Ryan are the only QB's making $20m a year and It's hurting their team because they can't pay everyone. Given his subpar performances in the playoffs, I don't think he's worth $20+m. He shouldn't be paid more then what Rodgers and Brady are making. If he does become the highest paid player in the league it's going to be difficult to make the playoffs let alone win a superbowl.

The Texans are a QB away from winning this division, we have the better QB but they have better players. There's no guarantee that we'll make the playoffs with how tough the AFC is, it takes 11 wins to win a wildcard. If Luck gets paid, were going to lose some really good players. Castonzo and Hilton are due for huge contracts, Allen and Fleener are going to get paid as well. They won't be able to pay all those players. 

The cap is going up. Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, Brees, Rivers, Ryan all have big contracts. With some a few bad seasons sprinkled in they all manage to field competitive teams every year. Also you do realize the salary cap is going to go up, and Luck will only be the highest paid QB until the next Mega-QB contract is signed right?

Serious question. I've heard a lot of people suggest that we should not give him a huge contract. I'd be interested to hear what you suggest we do.

Serious question. I've heard a lot of people suggest that we should not give him a huge contract. I'd be interested to hear what you suggest we do.

Who said that? 

Luck is better than Ryan and Rivers hands down,lol.

luck should get his money is going to be hard to pay other top flight players that the only draw back that why seattle is good because willson makes no money and all thier defense makes it they are gonig to have to let some players go then we can scoop them up lol

Seattle is going to have a very short  window  of a couple years or so but they are certainly making the most of it. They are going to have to start paying these guys come next season.

I really hope Luck doesn't expect to be the highest paid QB in the NFL, but we will see what he really cares about with his next contract.  The main thing is giving him a contract that is relatively cap friendly, filled with incentives and bonuses. Meaning Luck could get $25 million a year, but it wouldn't all be on the cap.  Either way though, can't afford to lose Luck, but I don't want to see this team suffer at the mercy of a ridiculous contract.  

LMAOOOO !!!!  You really have NO IDEA what you are talking about !!!  Who let the trolls out??

For those of you that dont want him, just remember it took Manning till year SIX to even win a playoff game. Jeeze, what do people want. I do not get it. He has taken us to the playoffs every year and has already been to the AFCCG. Yeas we got out a## handed to us, but I remember a Jets playoff game with Manning that we got beat like 44-0. We will be fine paying this man!!!!

Lol. Thanks for reaffirming that you know zero about the sport.