Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are no longer the #1 ranked offense

12isthenew18

At this point I don't even care.  As long as we win the rest of our reg. season games, playoff games and the Super Bowl.

Doubt it though. We are one of the sketchiest playoff teams out there, and we have been since 2012. It's not an indictment on the team, but you don't go from a 2-12 team to an elite top tier team in 3 seasons. A lot of our glaring holes usually come out in the playoffs and against elite teams. I'm sure Dallas will expose the Run D next week. Playoffs don't matter if the Patriots don't get knocked out.

Doubt it though. We are one of the sketchiest playoff teams out there, and we have been since 2012. It's not an indictment on the team, but you don't go from a 2-12 team to an elite top tier team in 3 seasons. A lot of our glaring holes usually come out in the playoffs and against elite teams. I'm sure Dallas will expose the Run D next week. Playoffs don't matter if the Patriots don't get knocked out.

we're somehow 15th in run defense 

Golly, more sketchy than Cincy, Bmore, and any other wildcard team?

My point is I do not sit around wondering if we are still the #1 offense in the league.  As far as the playoffs are concerned I'll stay optimistic until proven wrong.  The year we won the Super Bowl we went into the playoffs as a pretty sketchy team whose run defense was the laughing stock of the league.  We'll find out when the games begin!

Golly, more sketchy than Cincy, Bmore, and any other wildcard team?

Probably because outside of our passing attack, we really don't know what we are anywhere else. Pass rush is suspect, Run D is up and down, ILB's are a head scratcher, can't cover TE's,etc..just too many holes if you ask me. I'll give you Cincy though.

we're somehow 15th in run defense 

Yeah that's shocking. It's an up and down unit. They held McCoy and Cincy's backs in check, but got steam rolled by Jonas Grey, Leveon Bell, and a few others.

We fell to #2 behind pittsburgh and somehow we're the 14th defense

Obviously they didn't count the points we scored for Cleveland and Houston.... Colt's offense scored 17 points for Brownies and 7 for Houston......    defense is all that has saved us....  Dallas looks like a Pittsburgh or New England Blowout at this point.

I'm just happy they've won the last few games, albeit unconvincingly. Beating the Browns by a point and Houston by one score does not instil confidence in me.

It will be interesting to see how they fare next week against a good 'Boys team which has been surprisingly mediocre at home this season.

Colts also played 2 good pass defenses (Cleveland being the best pass D in the league based on qb rating). Also both teams playing for their season so they were despearate.

So in reality, I'm happy they they've had to struggle a bit and learn how to win ugly. These are the types of games that will most likely happen in the playoffs.

Probably because outside of our passing attack, we really don't know what we are anywhere else. Pass rush is suspect, Run D is up and down, ILB's are a head scratcher, can't cover TE's,etc..just too many holes if you ask me. I'll give you Cincy though.

Yeah that's shocking. It's an up and down unit. They held McCoy and Cincy's backs in check, but got steam rolled by Jonas Grey, Leveon Bell, and a few others.

We kept Bell in check... Jonas grey was just a fluke in my exception, Pretty solid D overall. If the Offense can get back on track we will be deadly in playoffs. I said it before and I am saying it again: Colts WILL reach the AFCCG.

only thing that matters is getting hot for four games after the season.  Hopefully the Colts are looking to peak at the right time this year.  They do have stretches of games where they play really bad and stretches where they are unstoppable.  I think they r getting the bad games out of their system before the playoffs.  Lets hope anyway.

I'm surprised it's not the Pats.  They are putting up 40 burgers almost every week now throwing to the same dude. Gronkowski, running the football and sprinkling in Edleman every now and then

Cause they're playing as a complete team. The SD game defense came through for them. They're the most complete team in the AFC and are on pace for that #1 seed. If the playoffs go through NE...... might as well hand them the AFC title 

Cause they're playing as a complete team. The SD game defense came through for them. They're the most complete team in the AFC and are on pace for that #1 seed. If the playoffs go through NE...... might as well hand them the AFC title 

Hmmm...why not just hand them the Super Bowl you know...because it's a foregone conclusion they will win everything...why not just give it to them now and save us some hassle? Tell that to the New York Giants of old defeating the "foregone conclusions of an undefeated Patriots team"...oh wait, didn't the Pat's go 19-0 that year?????? That's right they did...they were crowned long before.

Hmmm...why not just hand them the Super Bowl you know...because it's a foregone conclusion they will win everything...why not just give it to them now and save us some hassle? Tell that to the New York Giants of old defeating the "foregone conclusions of an undefeated Patriots team"...oh wait, didn't the Pat's go 19-0 that year?????? That's right they did...they were crowned long before.

I said the AFC, not the SB. What team is beating them in the AFC?

Best chance is Denver 

I said the AFC, not the SB. What team is beating them in the AFC?

Best chance is Denver 

My point is if you're going to award them the AFCCG then why not the SB?

I don't think that's entirely true...any given sunday...seriously, the Colts are DEFINITELY capable of beating the pats IN FOXBOROUGH yes. I think ANY playoff team is capable of it. Do you think that ANYONE picked the BILLS to beat GB yesterday? Did anyone pick the stat line that said Rodgers would complete a fair amount less than 50% of his passes with 2 INT's 0 TD's and 1 fumble for a safety? I doubt anyone did...point is it can happen to ANY team regardless of how "foreordained" they are by "fans".

My point is if you're going to award them the AFCCG then why not the SB?

I don't think that's entirely true...any given sunday...seriously, the Colts are DEFINITELY capable of beating the pats IN FOXBOROUGH yes. I think ANY playoff team is capable of it. Do you think that ANYONE picked the BILLS to beat GB yesterday? Did anyone pick the stat line that said Rodgers would complete a fair amount less than 50% of his passes with 2 INT's 0 TD's and 1 fumble for a safety? I doubt anyone did...point is it can happen to ANY team regardless of how "foreordained" they are by "fans".

Didn't really surprise me what the Bills did. If you can do it to Peyton, why not follow up with an encore to Rodgers?

Bills are highly slept on. It's a few "bottomfeeding" teams that are a few pieces away from balling out 

Rams

Bills

Browns

Just to name a few 

I am not handing anybody nuthin!!!!!   They were playing the same way when the Ravens who stumbled into the playoffs came through Foxborough hitting everything that moved surprised the crap out of them and went on to be champs.  I don't concede nuthin until we lose the darn game.   I always belive in the power of the Horshoe......

Oh no, the horror!

hugemanatee.jpg

If our Offense continues to play like it has the last two games, we'll be one and done in the playoffs. 

Yeah, I like a good joke as much as the next guy, but Lollygagger's right. If our offense continues to start 1st qtrs with no points & throw an early pick against a worthy foe like NE or Denver, INDY is in serious trouble.

I just watched us vs the Texans on my DVR & I am troubled by how slow we are starting on our 1st offensive possession. Okay sure, I am pleased by how well WR Hakeem Nicks, TE Dwayne Allen, P Pat Mcafee, FG kicker Adam V., & LB Bjorn Werner played yesterday & INDY did a decent job containing Arian Foster & Houston's running game. However, the Colts in the second half especially the last half of the 4th QTR needs to score TDs not FGs. I was proud of Safety Sergio Brown for knocking that ball away on that final Savage throw though. 

My question is this: If QB Ryan Fitzpatrick not broken his leg, would we have still won the game yesterday? Once Savage was inserted, I said "here comes the AFC South title." 

Look, I love Luck, but I'm worried about picks vs really good teams. I can't lie. Boom Herron had a solid game & even TR caught a nice pass out of the backfield too. 

Andrew is awesome, but I wanna look at what we did against Cincinnati & see if we can replicate the complete game we had when we faced them. We need to start hot. Not go cold & wake up in the second half. 

Our D was swarming to the ball yesterday. Fantastic! 

Sorry about losing your starting QB yesterday Houston Fans. I didn't mean to come across as insensitive BTW. He was playing decent until he got hurt. My apologies if I came across as taking glee in his injury. I didn't. I just knew a rookie QB wasn't gonna win the game that's all.

Indy has the #3 offense in the NFL.

NE is #1, followed by GB.

I watched the Patriots too VL on my DVR so I can fast forward through commercials...Man, your offense is clicking...Gronk, Edelman, Lafell, Vereen...You guys are in Playoff form right now. It's impressive to watch what with a blocked punt & a Patrick Chung pick.

Julian Edelman never ceases to amaze me...Special team's return man & chain mover who keeps drives alive. Wow! 1 tough son of a gun WR.

The only player hurting your squad right now is CB Brandon Browner with way too many penalties. Yeah, I get that he brings an enforcer attitude, but Darrelle Revis gets the same job done on the other side with no penalties. 

Congratulations on BB & Tom Brady winning 12 division titles together as a HC/QB duo BTW. That's something that needs to be acknowledged & praised in my book. You may be my team arch nemesis, but I do respect this outstanding achievement of excellence on the part of the entire Patriots organization. Well done.