Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

'Andrew 6,000' ?

oldunclemark

2 years ago. 'Andrew 5000' seemed unlikely. Now it's already outdated..

The new, improved Luck...with full consent of the coaches, now fires at will to a squad of ace pass catchers

..to the point that.....

If Andrew averages 417 yards a game the final 7 weeks, he will hit the almost unthinkable total of 6,000 yards

passing..

'Andrew 6,000', the MVP upgrade.

Would you say it cannot happen?

2 years ago. 'Andrew 5000' seemed unlikely. Now it's already outdated..

The new, improved Luck...with full consent of the coaches, now fires at will to a squad of ace pass catchers

..to the point that.....

If Andrew averages 417 yards a game the final 7 weeks, he will hit the almost unthinkable total of 6,000 yards

passing..

'Andrew 6,000', the MVP upgrade.

Would you say it cannot happen?

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. Not this season anyway

I'm just glad we have what it takes to win in today's NFL- An offense led by a star player that can put butts in the stadium seats.  Having been through the Manning years, I don't care about individual records anymore. We've been there/done that.

Luck's brand is building steam and this is a coming out season for him of sorts.  The fact that he has lived up to all of the hype bodes well for this franchise's Superbowl aspirations for the next decade plus.

I hope Luck don't have to put up those type of numbers. If we have learned anything from the past is the defense needs more time on the sidelines resting when the offense has the ball. Ball control is more important than Luck breaking any records. With winter coming on the running game needs to be better.

No way possible. Has anyone thrown for over 400 yards for 7 straight games?

No, not even close, but that's ok because Luck only has to average 417 yards a game, not throw 417 yards a game. Therefore, he can throw 200 yards one game and 600 yards the next, or 100 then 700, or 300 then 500, etc. Easy-peasy.

I'm just glad we have what it takes to win in today's NFL- An offense led by a star player that can put butts in the stadium seats.  Having been through the Manning years, I don't care about individual records anymore. We've been there/done that.

Luck's brand is building steam and this is a coming out season for him of sorts.  The fact that he has lived up to all of the hype bodes well for this franchise's Superbowl aspirations for the next decade plus.

WE have to throw the ball and stop thinking lie its 1984

WE have a squad of top receivers ..and young ones improving.

When we run the ball.....we do the other team's defense a favor. New England would love us to try to establish the run

No, not even close, but that's ok because Luck only has to average 417 yards a game, not throw 417 yards a game. Therefore, he can throw 200 yards one game and 600 yards the next, or 100 then 700, or 300 then 500, etc. Easy-peasy.

Or he can throw 834 yards one week, and take the next week off!

Do you ever internalize what you are saying before you actually put it out there for everyone else to see?

the best way for the Colts to win is for Andrew to throw for as many yards as possible..

Our line..our RBs..are not capable of moving the ball consistently

..we've all said it for 3 years

No YOU'VE said it for 3 years and most have disagreed with you. This year is not the past two years. The colts have been running the ball well this year. A lot of the pressure from the giants game was due to the colts flat out not even trying to run the ball.

You should really stop with this nonsense. Never, ever is a viable run game a bad thing.

not this year wouldn't mind seeing andrew 50 td but he'd have to throw 24 tds in 7 games

That's actually possible. That's an average of about 3+ Touchdowns a game. And he's basically doing that now. Don't forget we have the teams we have left to play against: Jags, Titans, Texans, Browns, Redskins, Cowboys, and Pats. The only team he might not go off against is the Pats. He could have 4 TD games against the Jags, Titans, Texans, Cowboys, and Redskins easy.

If they put a solid o-line in front of him the sky is the limit in the future. I'm thinking, and perhaps hoping that the run game will be more involved... and Luck will be sitting on the bench coming down to the end of the game. However, I don't think we will see him sitting as early as we have seen with past teams. 

Its not a record....

I want the Colts to throw 40 times a game because that's how we're built.

I dont care about adhearing to outdated views of balance...

Andrew is throwing the ball 43 times a game..and avaraing 340 yards and 3 TDs a game...

.and we are winning. Keep it up.

I think there's more there to mine...Max up his protection and incorporate the 'virtual run' passes to the backs.

Bradshaw and TRich are everaging 8 yards a reception but just 5 and 4 a run.

That tells us what we should do

Its not a record....

Andrew is throwing the ball 43 times a game..and avaraing 340 yards and 3 TDs a game...

I think there's more there to mine...Max up his protection and incorporate the 'virtual run' passes to the backs.

It's not about adhering to a view.  It's about keeping the defense honest.  It's about helping the offense, helping the passing attack, helping the pass blocking.    You say averaging 5 and 4 yards per rush like it's a bad thing.  How is that possibly a bad thing?  

Its not a record....

You've gone coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs.