Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson News

kjyb

NDIANAPOLIS -- Having quarterbacks wear red jerseys during practices is not an uncommon thing because they have to be handled with carearrow-10x10.png. ButIndianapolis Colts running back Trent Richardson also had a red jersey during Thursday’s organized team activities (OTAs) session. 

Richardson said the jersey is a precaution after he had surgery on his shoulder earlier this year. 

"I'm feeling pretty good, it’s just up to the coach on whenever I should take the jersey off," Richardson said. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/57710/richardson-joins-qbs-with-red-jersey

Ps sorry if this wasnt posted in the Trent Richardson thread and 225 pounds he should be faster and more elusive with the ball gooo Trentttt

Edited by 21isSuperman
Please do not copy/paste entire articles, and make sure to include the article's URL

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting T-Rich to really break out this year. He will know the system and will have a much better offensive line. A lot of his issues last year wasn't really his fault with our horrid O-line.

Ballard, Bradshaw and Brown all did decent behind the same line, except two of the three got injured because

of that same horrid line.

I'm expecting T-Rich to really break out this year. He will know the system and will have a much better offensive line. A lot of his issues last year wasn't really his fault with our horrid O-line.

to me last year Pep thought he had a back that he thought would give him a power running game forgetting that he still needs a little blocking he would run Trent into the weakest part of the O Line time and again it was crazy. Trent would come in on obvious running downs he really did the kid the favors

I expect Trent to build on his rookie year something like  267 for 970 11td's facing 9 man boxes Weedan was the QB second on the team with 51 catches Little lead them with 53. I would throw last year out.

Ballard, Bradshaw and Brown all did decent behind the same line, except two of the three got injured because

Ballard played in one game Bradshaw in 3 well before we had 8 different starting O Lines in 8 straight weeks Brown was used on passing downs primarily and then Pep figured out we need to spread it out and pass to run

I think you will be happy with what Trent does this year.

Ballard didn't play behind that line, Bradshaw barely played, and Brown is more of a speed back and played more in passing situations.

Ballard didn't play behind that line, Bradshaw barely played, and Brown is more of a speed back and played more in passing situations.

exact point I was trying to make and on top of it Pep stuck to his power scheme thinking a power back would make up for no blocking

I'm always skeptical when players say they are feeling great.  They almost always say they are feeling great, then if they don't perform well, they say they played through an injury

thx for edit 

The article says he lost 15 pounds. I'm no mathematical genious but how is playing at 230 last year and showing up to camp at 225 a loss of 15 pounds?

He got up to 240 after the shoulder surgery. Which I don't know how you do unless you're just feeding your face full of crap

Still glad to see Trent still participating even if he is a little banged up.  Nothing helps learning plays as repetition of running through them in practice.

I personally am pulling for Trent.  If no other reason then for the hope to stop hearing that Grigson made a mistake trading a first round for a guy that was a number 3 overall pick a year earlier.

He got up to 240 after the shoulder surgery. Which I don't know how you do unless you're just feeding your face full of crap

Thanks for the info!!  Would have been nice for that to be in the article. 

That does seem like a big gain for a professional athlete to have after a surgery.  Glad to hear he is back down then.

I hope they include more plays in the short passing game for T-Rich this year. He seemed to do a pretty good job on those type of plays last season. He averaged 2 receptions per game last season but I'd like to see him pull in 3+ per game this year.

Ballard played in one game Bradshaw in 3 well before we had 8 different starting O Lines in 8 straight weeks Brown was used on passing downs primarily and then Pep figured out we need to spread it out and pass to run

I think you will be happy with what Trent does this year.

I hope you are right but I'm not holding my breath.

that is laughable look at that dudes career numbers he had 4 good games

Look at Richardson's career numbers. Last season, Donald Brown was the far superior RB, there is no way you can say otherwise. If Trent gets over his mental block and his tentativeness he has the talent to be a top RB in the league but as of last year it's Donald Brown and it's not all that close. 

FWIW, I loved Richardson at Alabama. I knew he was a better back in his true freshman year than the eventual Heisman Trophy winner, Mark Ingram. So, I do believe he can be great.

The article says he lost 15 pounds.  I'm no mathematical genious but how is playing at 230 last year and showing up to camp at 225 a loss of 15 pounds?

I did the same thing you did.    But you have to read it a 2nd time.

The article says he gained weight in the off-season and has lost 15 pounds from his off-season high.    So, he was 240 in the off-season.     Now he's 225.

But the article also says he played "around 230" last year.    That's code for more than 230.   So, he's lost 6-8 pounds from last year's playing weight.     Good, but I was personally hoping for more.    I'd love to seem him in the teens.   219 to 213.   Somewhere in there.    I thought his best season in college was his sophomore year when he played at 215.    I think that's closer to his best playing weight.

Weight in the one area where I disagree philosophically with the Colts.    I think they are way, way into too much size.   I hope I'm wrong, but I'll have a better feel for things after this season is over......

Look at Richardson's career numbers. Last season, Donald Brown was the far superior RB, there is no way you can say otherwise. If Trent gets over his mental block and his tentativeness he has the talent to be a top RB in the league but as of last year it's Donald Brown and it's not all that close. 

FWIW, I loved Richardson at Alabama. I knew he was a better back in his true freshman year than the eventual Heisman Trophy winner, Mark Ingram. So, I do believe he can be great.

Richardson's rookie year with a rookie QB Weedan who can't play I think we can agree on that? Yes Greg LIttle was the leading WR he faced 9 in the box all year.

Rookie year 267 for 950 11td's and another 51 catches for 367 just 2 off Littles team leading 53. He played 15 games. Brown has never had a yr close to that.

Last year we trade for him and Pep continually ran him into the weakest part of our O line refusing to give up the  power running. I guess he thought if you get a power back the O Line doesn't matter. This is the NFL Pep. Richardson never had a chance

When he changed his offense went to spreading the field throwing first Brown was the back the majority of Browns yard were vs nickel.

Pep ran Trent into a brick wall.

Brown has never had more than 645 yards in a season and 27 catches were his tops in one year.

Did Brown have better stats than Trent last year?  Richardson 35 catches 316 yards Brown career high 27 receptions for 214 not receiving.

Trent 188 for 563 Brown 102 for 537 Brown rushing per carry. Keep in mind he was not asked to try to run between tackles in obvious running situations.

I will look at the numbers after this year to me last year was a throw away year for Trent. Pep wanted Trent to do what no one could have say we are running the ball here try and stop us behind that O Line.

It is laughable that you think Brown is a better running back Trent has 1500 yards in 2 years and last year was a nightmare. Brown has 2300 yards in 5 years rushing Trent about 700 receiving 2 yrs Brown 767 in 5 years.

As bad as Trent played last year for numerous reasons there is a reason he is probably our starting RB and Brown went to SD to get buried on the depth chart none of it has to do with Brown being the better back.

I look for Trent to improve on his rookie numbers this year if that happens he will have surpassed 6 years of work by Brown in 2.5 years including the last years nightmare. Let's talk week 8

I hope you are right but I'm not holding my breath.

Look at his rookie numbers with Weedan the rookie QB and Greg LIttle as the leading receiver 9 in the box all. Trent was asked to save our power running game last year when we didn't have the line to run it no one could have done it.

Here:  Rookie year 267 for 950 11td's and another 51 catches for 367 in 15 games. He should improve on that.

You will be pleased with Trent this year.

Richardson's rookie year with a rookie QB Weedan who can't play I think we can agree on that? Yes Greg LIttle was the leading WR he faced 9 in the box all year.

Rookie year 267 for 950 11td's and another 51 catches for 367 just 2 off Littles team leading 53. He played 15 games. Brown has never had a yr close to that.

Last year we trade for him and Pep continually ran him into the weakest part of our O line refusing to give up the  power running. I guess he thought if you get a power back the O Line doesn't matter. This is the NFL Pep. Richardson never had a chance

When he changed his offense went to spreading the field throwing first Brown was the back the majority of Browns yard were vs nickel.

Brown has never had more than 645 yards in a season and 27 catches were his tops in one year.

Did Brown have better stats than Trent last year?  Richardson 35 catches 316 yards Brown career high 27 receptions for 214 not receiving.

Trent 188 for 563 Brown 102 for 537 Brown rushing per carry. Keep in mind he was not asked to try to run between tackles in obvious running situations.

I will look at the numbers after this year to me last year was a throw away year for Trent. Pep wanted Trent to do what no one could have say we are running the ball here try and stop us behind that O Line.

It is laughable that you think Brown is a better running back Trent has 1500 yards in 2 years and last year was a nightmare. Brown has 2300 yards in 5 years rushing Trent about 700 receiving 2 yrs Brown 767 in 5 years.

As bad as Trent played last year for numerous reasons there is a reason he is probably our starting RB and Brown went to SD to get buried on the depth chart none of it has to do with Brown being the better back.

I look for Trent to improve on his rookie numbers this year if that happens he will have surpassed 6 years of work by Brown in 2.5 years including the last years nightmare. Let's talk week 8

You can spin it however the hell you want.

One guy averaged 5.3 YPC last year and another averaged 2.9, behind the same line. One guy burst through the holes with great explosion and speed and the other guy would stutter step even when there was a hole there, behind the same line. There are only so many excuses you can make for Trent before you just admit he had a horrible year.

DB is a better RB as of last year, that's not laughable, that's a statistical fact. As I said, TR has the talent to be a top RB, though, if he can get over his tentativeness and slow play processing.

I am not spinning anything you said  Look at Richardson's career numbers.

I said yeah look at Richardson's career numbers his rookie year is a better year than Brown has ever had.

Careers:

Richardson 1,513 14 td's in 2 yrs

Brown          2,377 17 td's in 5 years

It doesn't really matter Richardson will be carrying the rock in Indy Brown will be trying to catch on somewhere that says it all

I am not spinning anything you said  Look at Richardson's career numbers.

I said yeah look at Richardson's career numbers his rookie year is a better year than Brown has ever had.

Careers:

Richardson 1,513 14 td's in 2 yrs

Brown          2,377 17 td's in 5 years

It doesn't really matter Richardson will be carrying the rock in Indy Brown will be trying to catch on somewhere that says it all

Just the facts, no spin:

Career numbers-Brown= 66 games and 2,377 yds = 36 yds per game @ 4.3 ypc behind poor run blocking O lines (that included, well mainly no one of note) and 83 receptions at 9.2 per reception, also 12 games of 60 or more yds rushing or 18% of games played

Richardson=47 games and 1,513 yds @  = 32 yds per game @ 3.3 ypc behind poor run blocking O line ? (that included Joe Thomas and Alex Mack) and 86 receptions at 7.9 per reception, also 9 games of 60 or more yds rushing or 19% 

Just the facts, no spin:

Career numbers-Brown= 66 games and 2,377 yds = 36 yds per game @ 4.3 ypc behind poor run blocking O lines (that included, well mainly no one of note) and 83 receptions at 9.2 per reception

Richardson=47 games and 1,513 yds @  = 32 yds per game @ 3.3 ypc behind poor run blocking O line ? (that included Joe Thomas and Alex Mack) and 86 receptions at 7.9 per reception

I'll add to the spin....    Cleveland never had a Manning or a Luck calling the shots.

Just saying...

.....and brown is a better runner

I did the same thing you did.    But you have to read it a 2nd time.

The article says he gained weight in the off-season and has lost 15 pounds from his off-season high.    So, he was 240 in the off-season.     Now he's 225.

But the article also says he played "around 230" last year.    That's code for more than 230.   So, he's lost 6-8 pounds from last year's playing weight.     Good, but I was personally hoping for more.    I'd love to seem him in the teens.   219 to 213.   Somewhere in there.    I thought his best season in college was his sophomore year when he played at 215.    I think that's closer to his best playing weight.

Weight in the one area where I disagree philosophically with the Colts.    I think they are way, way into too much size.   I hope I'm wrong, but I'll have a better feel for things after this season is over......

I wonder how much of the emphasis on weight with this staff is on paper.  Redding was listed at 299 as a Raven.  Here, he is immediately 310 in 2012, now he's 318.  I doubt he is 20# heavier here than there.  Moala was listed at around 295 in 2011 and immediately went to 310 in 2012.  He was and still is a pretty fit looking D Lineman - I don't see the change.

With Richardson - I don't have a clue what his best playing weight should be, but I'm not sure its practical to match up with his sophomore season. The maturation of a man's frame from age 19 to 22 will naturally fill it out - especially with 3 more years of training across that term.  225 may be about as lean and mean as he can be 3 years later without cutting muscle.

Trent has talent, more than Brown.     But Trent did tippy toe too much last year before hitting the hole.   He did not hit the hole hard.

And I am banking on it being "unsure" of the O and his role.

And of course a strong C and G tandem will help.    Emmitt Smith ran through craters his entire time with Dallas would not hurt to give Trent and the other backs some top notch talent up front.