Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson News

kjyb

Ballard is better than Brown, the people comparing stats between the two need to realize... One is a rookie and one is a vet, one is supposed to improve, and the other basically is what he is.

That doesn't make him better and isn't necessarily even true.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't really matter anyway, he had one great season then bolted for more money to another team.

We won't even know DB existed as long as Bradshaw/Ballard stays healthy.

I don't know about other fans on here but I feel like a jilted bride after watching him flounder for three

years on the roster, then leave us at the alter after having a really good year.

He did enough to get a contract now he can flounder in SD for a few years not a big loss if you ask me would rather have saved that money to upgrade D or put in the Luck pot which seems to be increasing with every QB signing

He did enough to get a contract now he can flounder in SD for a few years not a big loss if you ask me would rather have saved that money to upgrade D or put in the Luck pot which seems to be increasing with every QB signing

Another common misconception by fans, "Donald Brown just did enough for a contract". No basis in reality, just aimed to back your own flawed thinking.

You can argue 2011 Brown had an even better season than 2013 and he was running behind a % line and a holy % QB(s).

I agree I don't like big backs that give a lot of angles for defenders to hit. If your built like that you have to have a downhill running style ala Frank Gore/Lynch....there are only a couple in the history like Petterson/Brown that had that size and power and make you miss. I like Trent...just he hasn't translated....personally I prefer those little wrecking ball runners like Jones-Drew and Bradshaw etc that are compact and powerful...don't give a lot to hit. I think we will be lucky if Trent ends up like someone I think he seems similar to and that is Ricky Williams....who also didn't reach his potential...but who at times was great when he had his head on straight.

Another solid post. The only thing I would add is that Williams and Trent play in entirely different era's. Heck it's almost a different league entirely from when Williams played.

Not sure how you can say Ballard wasn't not better he started over Brown so the coaches thought he was a better back than Brown.

Brown 108 for 417  the back up

Ballard 211 for 814 the starter

Brown was a first round pick who in 5 years in the league has managed to gain 2300 yards so you are right it did not make sense to sign him

I think Brown was not utilized to his full potential. I do think he is a flawed back. His pass protection definately lacks...but we all know Peyton wanted someone that he trusted...he valued that more than anything. Addai was going to get more touches and play because he had that repore with Peyton. One thing we've seen time and time again..is that the more carries Donald gets...the better chance he has of taking one to the house. He is the only home run back we've had on this team since like Marshal or maybe even back to Eric. Donald for some reason had that second gear speed and vision when he slammed through the line and found room....he could go 80 yds....we don't have that on this team now...nor did before. Those 3 and 4 yd runs are great but Ballard doesn't have the take it to the house speed playmaking. Brown is kinda like a poor mans Chris Johnson. Doesn't have quite the speed but he is deceptively fast and took good angles in the open field. Give Donald enough runs and he breaks a few more....that is always what he has been capable of. I think if you give him 200 carries...he gets you a 1,000 yds. Just my opinion of course. In SD though he should be a good 3rd down back ...he catches the ball well and can still run hard..I think him and Mathews are a great combo for SD. Donald isn't an every down back....I think he was a reach when we got him but I don't think he was ever the right fit for this team. We had a pass blocking OL that did more a zone blocking scheme...where you had to pick and choose your lanes...that fit Addai more who was kinda of a shifty/hoppy kind of runner...when you give Brown the ball and say get through this crease...he does better...like we saw last year.

We won't even know DB existed as long as Bradshaw/Ballard stays healthy.

Hmm, one coming off a neck injury, as well as a laundry list of other injuries, and the other coming off an ACL? Not sure how you'd expect both to stay healthy for 16 games, but I would assume Ballard's way more likely to make it than Bradshaw.