Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

should rogers changes his number?

CR91

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think that 12 is way overused so was hoping Luck would go with something different.  I don't recall there being a good QB with #13 or #14 in quite a while, unless I'm overlooking someone recent.

Ehhh i cant recall anyone wearing either of those numbers of the top of my head i know Jim Harbaugh wore #12 his first year with Indy before switching back to #4 

I think 88 is too popular to retire. Cowboys didn't retire it after drew Pearson and Michael Irvin. Steelers didn't retire it after Lynn Swann.

Good point, i just thought for some odd reason it had been retired after Marvin Harrison. I thought i read that some where i could be wrong though.

LaVon Brazill is 15.

Griff Whalen is 17.

I don't see why 16 is a problem.

T.Y. has 13, and I have always liked when players wore lower numbers. Colts are going to use up all of them... and it fits the team. I'm interested in seeing what Nicks picks for a number.

Those are common wr numbers compared to 16. I couldn't name you another wr wearing 16

That's what makes it awesome. I can only hope Pep can distribute the ball enough to get the ball into his hands plus Reggie/TY/Nicks. It's a nice problem to have though.

Ehhh i cant recall anyone wearing either of those numbers of the top of my head i know Jim Harbaugh wore #12 his first year with Indy before switching back to #4

You would be correct. :)

The last good #13 I can remember is Montana. Not even sure I can think of a #14.

Dan Marino 13 dag nabbit!

I think you should worry about other things than a rookie WR, who's been thrown into the lineup and made crucial plays, dropping some balls.

ColtsTD.gif

Colts-WR-DaRick-Rogers-amazing-catch-GIF

One thing James....rookies that drop balls and are undrafted become street dwellers after the drops.  DHB was a high draft pack who dropped a lot of balls...he has become a veteran begging to remain a name in the NFL....

I was not all that impressed with Rogers...other than these catches.  I do believe if he works hard the sky IS the limit....then again, nobody accused DHB of not coming to work :)

If he keeps making catches like this, he can wear whatever number he wants

Colts-WR-DaRick-Rogers-amazing-catch-GIF

And drop the easy ones just like DHB?  He needs to prove something to us Lolly.

I'll never understand why anybody would care in the least about what number a player wears. Not a single time in my sports watching life have I ever cared or even thought about a players number. It just makes no difference what so ever, so why worry about it.

I'll never understand why anybody would care in the least about what number a player wears. Not a single time in my sports watching life have I ever cared or even thought about a players number. It just makes no difference what so ever, so why worry about it.

I actually do care...when Vaughn wears 32....that was the biggest slap in the face ever....sorry..that one irked me...

Crying about drops some people act like he was supposed to be an all pro after no offseason and not even playing half the season

Acknowledging that a receiver dropped some passes isn't hate. It's a simple acknowledgment of fact. I think the vast majority of posters here -- like 90%, at least -- are pro-Rogers. 

For the record, PFF credits Rogers with 3 drops. One vs the Bengals, one vs the Texans, one vs the Pats. Nothing to worry about with a rookie receiver.

Crying about drops some people act like he was supposed to be an all pro after no offseason and not even playing half the season

Rogers has gotten nothing but extreme, over the top, idolization on this forum. Every week there were threads about how many yards/TDs he would have in that game. Sorry but if some of us aren't quite ready to put him in Canton just yet, doesn't mean we're hating on him. We're all Colts fans, and we'd all love to see Da'Rick become the GOAT, but I just haven't seen enough from him to think we've got Calvin Johnson 2.0 at this point.

I think people misunderstood that post somewhat.

I don't think so.  I think it was said in the wrong way.  You usually dog someone about drops when they have an actual problem with them.  Someone like DHB, or Donnie Avery.  Every receiver is going to have some drops.  Its those that drop a large amount that people call out.  Da'Rick didn't drop a large amount, his total was 3 for the season.  Now do i know off hand what that equates to percentage wise right now, no.  But it wasn't a large number.  Now I am not calling you out directly, your post wasn't the first one about his drops.  But it was the last one I cared to read about and not respond to.  You just happened to be the one I decided to quote.

Now I concede the fact that he has only had one season, and I will never be one to pass complete judgement, good or bad, on someone who has only had one incomplete season.  Who knows, you (the wider spectrum you), could be right and he could end up being just like DHB and have tons of drops next season.  At that point, when you have one good season and one bad season, you will need another to determine which one was the outlier.  Much like TRich.  He needs to prove he can run this year, or next year he may not get a contract extension, or whenever his is up.  I am assuming it is like Lucks.

One thing James....rookies that drop balls and are undrafted become street dwellers after the drops.  DHB was a high draft pack who dropped a lot of balls...he has become a veteran begging to remain a name in the NFL....

I was not all that impressed with Rogers...other than these catches.  I do believe if he works hard the sky IS the limit....then again, nobody accused DHB of not coming to work :)

And drop the easy ones just like DHB?  He needs to prove something to us Lolly.

Maybe he's like Garcon. He can't catch it if you throw it to his numbers but if you throw it 6 feet away he'll make dazzling leaping finger tip catches lol. 

I'm hopeful for big things from Rogers, but my biggest concern with him is not his drops. I worry much more about his route running. It was his single biggest shortcoming last year, IMO, and was the cause of at least a couple ugly looking interceptions.

Hopefully an offseason with Coach Wayne will impress upon him the importance of running crisp, accurate and decisive patterns.

I don't think so.  I think it was said in the wrong way.  You usually dog someone about drops when they have an actual problem with them.  Someone like DHB, or Donnie Avery.  Every receiver is going to have some drops.  Its those that drop a large amount that people call out.  Da'Rick didn't drop a large amount, his total was 3 for the season.  Now do i know off hand what that equates to percentage wise right now, no.  But it wasn't a large number.  Now I am not calling you out directly, your post wasn't the first one about his drops.  But it was the last one I cared to read about and not respond to.  You just happened to be the one I decided to quote.

Now I concede the fact that he has only had one season, and I will never be one to pass complete judgement, good or bad, on someone who has only had one incomplete season.  Who knows, you (the wider spectrum you), could be right and he could end up being just like DHB and have tons of drops next season.  At that point, when you have one good season and one bad season, you will need another to determine which one was the outlier.  Much like TRich.  He needs to prove he can run this year, or next year he may not get a contract extension, or whenever his is up.  I am assuming it is like Lucks.

But I never mentioned drops at all? :hairout:   I was merely satirising a known proverb in response to the poster holding up that one catch as evidence for talent. Point being one amazing catch is not the same a proven body of work. 

I also then went on to state in further detail in later posts my exact thoughts to Rogers.

So yes I think people are misunderstanding the post completely as it had nothing to do with drops in the slightest.