Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what colt player woud you spend a day with

kjyb

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe Wayne didn't get more love, not that there is really a bad choice.  Wayne would be my guy though, but I'd wanna kick it in his hometown of miami!  You know he probably get into some fun stuff out there.  

Irsay would be cool, just so I could hear the stories of him reminiscing about years and games past.  Getting his take on NFL, the media and just life in general.  I can so totally picture Irsay with long hair and a joint hanging out the side of his mouth listenin to Dylan.

I can't believe Wayne didn't get more love, not that there is really a bad choice.  Wayne would be my guy though, but I'd wanna kick it in his hometown of miami!  You know he probably get into some fun stuff out there.  

Irsay would be cool, just so I could hear the stories of him reminiscing about years and games past.  Getting his take on NFL, the media and just life in general.  I can so totally picture Irsay with long hair and a joint hanging out the side of his mouth listenin to Dylan.

In 2010 I was working as a delivery driver for papa johns. A name came up sayings Wayne for an order in a huge gated community in Carmel. I rerouted the order to myself immediately and got the order there in 23 mins. The night was December the 22nd so the season was still going on and of course it was Reggie that answered the door. I tried to not be Annoying and briefly told him, hey I've been watching you since 2003 when I was 12, big fan, love u here's your pizza within 23 mins of ordering. That " tipped me 1.30. His order was 18 something and he gave me a 20. I'll never forget that. I'm a student making minimum wage and I tip better than that, let alone a guy that has millions. If you want to spend the day with Reggie, you better be driving or be prepared to pay for gas.

In 2010 I was working as a delivery driver for papa johns. A name came up sayings Wayne for an order in a huge gated community in Carmel. I rerouted the order to myself immediately and got the order there in 23 mins. The night was December the 22nd so the season was still going on and of course it was Reggie that answered the door. I tried to not be Annoying and briefly told him, hey I've been watching you since 2003 when I was 12, big fan, love u here's your pizza within 23 mins of ordering. That " tipped me 1.30. His order was 18 something and he gave me a 20. I'll never forget that. I'm a student making minimum wage and I tip better than that, let alone a guy that has millions. If you want to spend the day with Reggie, you better be driving or be prepared to pay for gas.

It's good that the experience didn't leave a lingering bitter resentment in your psyche. 

I think I'd pass on it,  I don't know how to act around famous people.  But,then, I also don't know how to act around normal people, sooo...   :dunno:

I'm curious, is there a story behind that? I mean did you have a Tarzan like experience and were raised by a herd of wild horses or are you too just a little a bad at reading social cues :P 

So did you re-route the order to yourself because you thought It would be awesome so see Reggie upclose and personal, or did you re-route the order to yourself because you expected to get  a big tip...????     

That awkward moment when you realize it wasn't actually Reggie.

I'm curious, is there a story behind that? I mean did you have a Tarzan like experience and were raised by a herd of wild horses or are you too just a little a bad at reading social cues :P

It was more of a "Lord of the Flies" situation, actually. :P

Nah. The normal gregariousness I had as a kid had become less natural for me by the time I graduated from college. I have to psych myself up for social occasions now and I don't always have the energy for it. That's pretty much the long and the short of it.

He was probably like me and figured that A) A freakin' $3.00 delivery fee is part of the tip and B) And that a 7% tip is plenty for someone who does nothing more than carry a pizza to his car then from the car to the front door. 

He was probably like me and figured that A) A freakin' $3.00 delivery fee is part of the tip and B) And that a 7% tip is plenty for someone who does nothing more than carry a pizza to his car then from the car to the front door. 

They were charging a 3.00 fee back then?  No offense Coffeedrinker but dang!!!!!!!! I usually spot a 5 to em at least, well I used to before the stupid delivery fee.

They were charging a 3.00 fee back then?  No offense Coffeedrinker but dang!!!!!!!! I usually spot a 5 to em at least, well I used to before the stupid delivery fee.

I didn't take offense to anything in your post.

All of three years ago?  Actually I don't know what the fee was/is in Indiana, in 2010 I lived in California and it was a $3 delivery fee.  Two bucks is the most I'd ever tip and that was if the order was greater than $20.

Anyways, back on topic, I can't think of of a player I'd really like to hang with... Probably AV because we are closer in age. :)  It seems that Pat has a girl on each arm in most pics I see of him so he'd jsut get me in trouble with my wife, although taking a swim in the canal may be fun.

Met McAfee at SB on radio row in 2012. He loved my jersey...cool guy too. Sadly, the jersey was a personalized one with my own name on the back. He turned around and sat down for a radio interview, and we quickly exited (we were nearly done there anyway). I'd hang with him, he's a lot of fun.

Otherwise I'd pick any player that's close to my age...which at 34 is getting more rare. Reggie, Mathis, Bethea, AV...Luck is young but acts much older/more mature than his age...

Yeah, we get 1 dollar for our 2 dollar fee. And I did a lot more than nothing more than walk to and from my car ha. Try taking orders when the phones ringing off the hook, working the ovens, store upkeep, stocking product. The food, boxes, etc dont fly onto the shelves, the store don't clean itself, and boxes don't fold themselves. All this plus deliveries, you're pretty busy for making 5.00 an hour. It wasn't grueling work, but you earn every penny trust me.

So did you re-route the order to yourself because you thought It would be awesome so see Reggie upclose and personal, or did you re-route the order to yourself because you expected to get  a big tip...????     

Both, but mainly to see reggie. When I got back, the guys who had been there a while were all laughing at me, "You get that big tip?" they asked. I guess it wasn't an isolated incident, and Reggie Wayne like Papa Johns ha.

It's still Reggie though come on, he'd have to spit in my mothers eye for me to think anything less than the world of him. Im a colt fan. let the bidding begin for his adress lol jk! Ill never say more than he lives in Carmel.