Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the Colts beat the Patriots...

dynasty13

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's dodging the question, though. It's easy to say 'I don't care who we play as long as we win'. I mean, of course...

The point is that rooting for one side gives your team a better chance to go to the Superbowl, while rooting for the other side gives many Colts fans an 'awe shucks at least we get to watch Manning win' backup plan.

I'm curious which mentality wins out in the fan base...wishing best for Peyton, or wishing best for the Colts.

To be honest i think we match up better against the broncos then we do the chargers. plus our history against the chargers in playoffs is pretty bad.

So wishing best for peyton is wishing best for the colts

I would definitely prefer to play the Chargers at home.  I can't see the Colts putting up a performance like they did against the Broncos in Denver.  In that game the team ran out of gas in the fourth quarter, but had a large enough lead to survive.  They will get winded much sooner with the thin air and would need a massive lead at halftime to even have a chance.  On the other hand, I believe the Chargers are beatable at home and the Colts put up a pathetic effort against them in the regular season, which will be easy to outperform.

Here's an interesting one for all the Colts (slash Broncos) fans out there!

If the Colts beat the Patriots on Saturday night, who do you root for on Sunday? Do you root for the Chargers so that you can have the AFC Championship game at home against the #6 seed? Or do you continue to root for the Broncos/Manning even though that means you travel to Denver against the #1 see which would seemingly be the 'more difficult' road to the Superbowl?

Well, I guess I will be rooting for Denver with my heart, but San Diego with my head.

Easy for me: if Colts win, Chargers. If Colts lose, Broncos. Do NOT want to see SD at NE.

I feel the exact same way.... Although I wouldn't be mad if we get a chance to beat the Broncos on our way to the super bowl. But I would rather face the Chargers at home.

NE vs SD would suck.

I want to punch a ticket for the SB at home in front of our fans just like in 2007.  I want to kick the crap out of the Chargers right in front of our fan base.  That's exactly how I want to pay those dudes back for all of the losses they've given us!

Here's an interesting one for all the Colts (slash Broncos) fans out there!

If the Colts beat the Patriots on Saturday night, who do you root for on Sunday? Do you root for the Chargers so that you can have the AFC Championship game at home against the #6 seed? Or do you continue to root for the Broncos/Manning even though that means you travel to Denver against the #1 see which would seemingly be the 'more difficult' road to the Superbowl?

Actually to me, I root for Manning & the Broncos. Yes, I realize that I mentioned in another post that Luck vs Manning games cause me considerable anxiety largely because I respect Andrew & Peyton so much that my loyalties get torn sometimes. But truthfully, I want a Denver/INDY rematch since both squads are firing on all cylinders right now.

Frankly, I never root for the Chargers no matter how good they are. I respect the talent on their roster, but I just can't get mesmerized watching them. I view San Diego & Cincinnati the exact same way: 2 talented teams that have never won anything significant or reached the AFC Championship Game. Until they do, I could care less & I don't view them as legitimate SB contenders personally. JMO. 

Kind of reminds me of 2006 IF we beat the Patriots. In 2006 many thought we go down in Baltimore who was btw the second seed.

Getting through NE me has often felt like the biggest challenge considering how tough it is to win there.......

In 2006 I was highly torn. And again San Diego is involved....hmmm.........yes I do pattern much. :) Would be ironic if we got the AFCCG that never happened in 2006 out in SD but this time Rivers comes to Indy.

If we win Saturday night and I can stop the conga line long enough by Sunday evening I might just take whoever......

I want to punch a ticket for the SB at home in front of our fans just like in 2007. I want to kick the crap out of the Chargers right in front of our fan base. That's exactly how I want to pay those dudes back for all of the losses they've given us!

One more chance for the "12th man" to DO WORK!!!!!!

Nothing would be better then to have a chance to defeat the team that has haunted us for years aka Chargers. It would remind me of the 2007 Pats AFCCG. But I think if we can pull off the Pats, Broncs, Chiefs, and Seahawks in SB. Top records in NFL. We would be considered probably the best team of all time...

You'd have to be an absolute fool to not root for the chargers so we can have a home game against a team not as good as the broncos. 

The Chargers might be playing better than the Broncos right now.  The record breaking year the Pats had in 2007 didn't matter in the end.  It all comes down to how you are playing now.  I would fear the Broncos less than the Chargers.