Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the Colts beat the Patriots...

dynasty13

Never one to dodge anything, I will be rooting for SD to win so we host the Championship game. But, I could care less about Denver or SD or NE if you have to know. :rock:  I am not a Colt/Bronco fan. 100% Colt fan here!

a true fan!  it makes my stomach turn seeing the "well if we lose at least we have Manning!" statements.

/puke

I vote for my favorite TEAM, because the name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the name on the back of it.

Go Pats!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chargers might be playing better than the Broncos right now.  The record breaking year the Pats had in 2007 didn't matter in the end.  It all comes down to how you are playing now.  I would fear the Broncos less than the Chargers.

You haven't even seen the broncos play a playoff game yet. So to say the chargers are playing better before the broncos even play one snap is pretty silly. Secondly, I couldn't care less how good the chargers are playing. The fact of the matter is Id rather take my chances with the inferior team at home every single time. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

You haven't even seen the broncos play a playoff game yet. So to say the chargers are playing better before the broncos even play one snap is pretty silly. Secondly, I couldn't care less how good the chargers are playing. The fact of the matter is Id rather take my chances with the inferior team at home every single time. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I bow before your CAPs.

Great question Dynasty! 

While I would certainly prefer to host the Championship game and, despite our dismal history against them, I think SD would be easier to beat. HOWEVER, I am pulling for Petyon unless he is playing the Colts. His time is limited and he deserves another ring, so

I root for the Colts and Manning. When they are playing each other? well sorry Peyton.

But as others mentioned, if the AFC sends either the Broncos or the Colts to the Super Bowl I will have a 100% rooting interest.

PS I still hate Ellway though

Posted · Hidden by Superman, January 10, 2014 - inflammatory, inappropriate language
Hidden by Superman, January 10, 2014 - inflammatory, inappropriate language

Don't y'all think we ain't beating Tommy Terrific and *?

You all realize Bekadick will mug our receivers like he did Broncos and they won't call a damn thing.

Edelwuss will play out his butt and we won't be able to contain him.

didn't he return like two punts for touches last year??

Gonna be a long night, but there is light at end of tunnel

Guest TeamLoloJones

I guess that means you don't think the Colts will win either.

If we beat the patriots, the momentum will be so substantial that there's no way we don't go to the Super Bowl.

Part of me agrees. As homerish as this sounds and yes I know NE is lacking some firepower this year....winning in NE if this happens lets loose of a lot of demons. I almost feel as if we would scratch and claw our way to a SB title if we beat them. And on the flip side if NE beats us I kinda like their chances sadly too.......

In 2006 I felt we win it all after we beat the Ravens. We finally played tough gritty playoff football on the road.

Any scenario without the Colts and I lose interest in the rest of the playoffs really. My one NFC bandwagon team is out in the Packers.

Part of me IF we beat NE wants to play Denver but I can't stand the "I hope Peyton wins since he is nearing his end" story lines too.

On the flip side while I would go anywhere and I think playing Manning would be revealing/intriguing......the thought of our stadium pumped to the max hosting the AFCCG in year two of this "rebuild" is just too magical for words to even describe.

tbh I'd be rooting for the Broncos.

That way, if we win the AFCCG, we go to the Super Bowl, but if we lose, it's not really the end of the world, as we get to see Peyton in another Super Bowl to maybe finally shut up the critics (again.)

I don't think I could stand to see Philip Rivers gain any sort of post-season success.

I remember so many times we go into a game with so much confidence, regular season or playoffs, against the Chargers and they always find a way to beat us. I don't how and why we struggle against that franchise. So with that said, I will say thanks but no thanks to the Chargers and give me a shaky Broncos team because if we beat NE in Foxboro, no way in blue hell we are losing in Denver.

This Colts team has shown nothing to suggest that they are better at home than away. We were 6-2 at home and 5-3 away, and there was no correlation between blowouts/good wins and home field advantage.

This Colts team has shown nothing to suggest that they are better at home than away. We were 6-2 at home and 5-3 away, and there was no correlation between blowouts/good wins and home field advantage.

You completely ignored the bigger part of that. "Inferior team". Like I said, I will always take being at home vs being on the road. All you did was post records that prove the colts won more games at home this year than on the road. 

You completely ignored the bigger part of that. "Inferior team". Like I said, I will always take being at home vs being on the road. All you did was post records that prove the colts won more games at home this year than on the road. 

We won 1 more game at home than away. With an eight game sample size for both, that means literally next to nothing. And the Chargers may appear to be a weaker team, but we played both San Diego and Denver this year, and I'm sure you remember which one we lost to.

Here's an interesting one for all the Colts (slash Broncos) fans out there!

If the Colts beat the Patriots on Saturday night, who do you root for on Sunday? Do you root for the Chargers so that you can have the AFC Championship game at home against the #6 seed? Or do you continue to root for the Broncos/Manning even though that means you travel to Denver against the #1 see which would seemingly be the 'more difficult' road to the Superbowl?

I only root for Colts Period , I like 18 but when the Broncos play I hope he loses my memories will always be the Colt years .

Its the cult of personality with lots of 18 fans, for me its about team the Colts are my team when players leave there nolonger relevant to me .. I hated the Broncos before & I still do .

Our Colts just need to stop the run on there way to the QB who ever we face should we win in New England won't matter .

I'll not root for either team however I do believe the Broncos lose .

Here's an interesting one for all the Colts (slash Broncos) fans out there!

If the Colts beat the Patriots on Saturday night, who do you root for on Sunday? Do you root for the Chargers so that you can have the AFC Championship game at home against the #6 seed? Or do you continue to root for the Broncos/Manning even though that means you travel to Denver against the #1 see which would seemingly be the 'more difficult' road to the Superbowl?

I would rather lose to the broncos if we can't win it and see Peyton win another ring

That's dodging the question, though. It's easy to say 'I don't care who we play as long as we win'. I mean, of course...

The point is that rooting for one side gives your team a better chance to go to the Superbowl, while rooting for the other side gives many Colts fans an 'awe shucks at least we get to watch Manning win' backup plan.

I'm curious which mentality wins out in the fan base...wishing best for Peyton, or wishing best for the Colts.

its easy colts first  peyton second   what is so hard about that to understand   . I can stand losing to peyton rather than rivers so here is for  colts broncos afccg   and go colts