Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jon Gruden: Colts are 'team of destiny'

SilentHill

He basically says we're going to win the superbowl. I like this guy :)

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/3334/jon-gruden-colts-team-of-destiny?src=mobile

INDIANAPOLIS -- Former NFL coach and current ESPN "Monday Night Football" analyst Jon Gruden was on “Mike & Mike” Wednesday morning.

Gruden praised the New England Patriots for being a good home team and quarterback Tom Brady's ability to win no matter the weather conditions.

But -- to the pleasure of Indianapolis Colts fans -- Gruden picked the Colts to beat the Patriots in Saturday’s AFC divisional playoff game at Gillette Stadium.

“I have a feeling about [Colts quarterback] Andrew Luck,” Gruden said on the show. “I think this is a team of destiny in the AFC. What Andrew Luck did last week against the Kansas City Chiefs will go down in history as one of the greatest performances in history. I think Indianapolis is going to go there and shock New England.”

Gruden didn’t pick the Colts simply off their 28-point comeback against the Chiefs last weekend. He picked them because the Colts are on a four-game winning streak.

“I’ve seen the last three Super Bowl winners do it from the wild-card position,” Gruden said. “Everybody loves the favorite. I just think the last 3-4 years if you get hot and your quarterback is on fire, look out. I’ve never seen that kind of performance from almost any quarterback. That was amazing to me last week.”

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol...I'm sure there was a thread "hating" on Gruden a few months back...now he is everyone's favorite lol...to his point...yes we have started to gel....especially the passing game as we are learning our roles without Reggie. The defense has to play big..and I think Luck will do his part...everyone else has to do theirs...especially our corners and Freeman. I would like to see Luck keep scrambling because I don't think NE can cover everyone and still spy him...he isn't going to get those big plays to Hilton...Belichek is going to take that away..so we have to do it differently this week....perhaps with swing passes and screens to Brown...and Luck scrambling...just my opinion. Belichek takes your best away...and makes you do things differently...I don't see TY getting open deep...they will bracket him all game.

Shocked that someone would pick against the mighty patriots. Doesn't Gruden know that Belichick is a genius that will take out Hilton and nobody ever beats them in the playoffs when they are huge favorites. Well, except, that time aganst the jets, ravens and giants.

Im not overlooking the Pats, but i'm worried about the Chargers in the AFC championship game, they are a really hot team right now and wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Broncos again.  

Yes, Chargers at LOS for AFCCG could be a problem, but what a great problem to have!

Andrew gets better as the game goes on.
PEPS game plans and the route running are really coming on.

The O comes down to Andrews decision making and ACCURACY and opportune runs.

The D comes down to personnel.
 Yes on Gordy.

More McNary, Chapman, M Hughes
 Less Sheppard, Franklin
 NO Toler

I respect Gruden's opinion, but he has a serious man crush on Andrew Luck.  I'm not sure how impartial he is about the Colts' chances.

He's alright in my book for the same reason almost everyone here is...he thinks Andrew Luck can be the next great QB after Manning/Brees/Brady/Rodgers.  I don't care if hhe's ah omer, has a man crush or whatever.  Because until I see definitive evidence that we need to move on from Luck, I'm going to go on thinking he's going to be a great QB.  And, like Gruden says, with a great QB, you're always in consideration for a superbowl.

It is amazing to me how no one believes in Denver this year with Manning's historic season. Not sure if I have ever seen a team accomplish more in the regular season and be totally glossed over in the post-season by a second year QB to boot. Manning has to be seething.

Im not overlooking the Pats, but i'm worried about the Chargers in the AFC championship game, they are a really hot team right now and wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Broncos again.  

I wouldnt be surprised either. Chargers will be tough to beat. I would think with the game at our house we have the better odds but They beat us in all three phases when we played earlier this year. Whats to say they cant do that again 

It is amazing to me how no one believes in Denver this year with Manning's historic season. Not sure if I have ever seen a team accomplish more in the regular season and be totally glossed over in the post-season by a second year QB to boot. Manning has to be seething.

Believe his comments are more aimed at the Colts-Patriots matchup. Don't you think he's "glossing" over the Patriots too?

Believe his comments are more aimed at the Colts-Patriots matchup. Don't you think he's "glossing" over the Patriots too?

He said the Colts would win the Super Bowl so I think he is glossing over everyone but I think Denver is the biggest slight given they are the heavy favs as the number one seed and have the historic O.

He said the Colts would win the Super Bowl so I think he is glossing over everyone but I think Denver is the biggest slight given they are the heavy favs as the number one seed and have the historic O.

when is the last time a #1 over all seed has won the superbowl??  the last 5 out of 6 years has been a wild card team. I love p-mann, but as bad as denver's defense is and as methodical that the chargers will be to keep him off the field...it doesnt look good.

when is the last time a #1 over all seed has won the superbowl??  the last 5 out of 6 years has been a wild card team. I love p-mann, but as bad as denver's defense is and as methodical that the chargers will be to keep him off the field...it doesnt look good.

Yeah tough match up for sure but I think Denver gets it done. I think the seeding thing is overrated. It is more about who is playing the best football.

Gruden knows about the Colts/Chiefs pattern.

And he is feeling it.

Besides, any sane person who is not a Pats fan wants to see this beast known as Andrew Luck continue his run as long as possible. It's poetry in motion when he gets rolling!

when is the last time a #1 over all seed has won the superbowl?? the last 5 out of 6 years has been a wild card team. I love p-mann, but as bad as denver's defense is and as methodical that the chargers will be to keep him off the field...it doesnt look good.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Whether it's fair or not, Manning's postseason record will hang over his head, regardless of how good his regular season was.  

Whether it's fair or not, Manning's postseason record will hang over his head, regardless of how good his regular season was.  

Yeah, I guess so. I kind of feel bad for him. The weight of the world is on his shoulders given last year's one and done and the historic season this year. I am not sure if he could have gotten a worse draw then SD as well in the divisional. Still, I think he wins Sunday. Just a feeling.

Guest TeamLoloJones

He likes the Sheriff, now he likes the Deputy..

Andrew Luck is nobody's Deputy...there's a new Sheriff in town.

Gruden is a professional! His predictions are based on his knowledge of the game and the facts I front of him. I can see the Colts going into Foxborough and winning by 3. I believe the Chargers are a dangerous team which we will face in the AFC Championship game. Oh yeah and we will win by 10! :coltslogo: