Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boston Globe Article - Enjoy this one..... [Merge]

jblastick

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or do the Patriots have some of the most ignorant, blindest, insufferable fans? (Respect to some of the Pats fans who post here, you aren't all bad)

You are not alone on that one. Insufferable is the best way to describe them.

Please do not judge Pats fans based on Dan Shaugnessy. They guy is a total tool. He wrote a very similar article last year when the pats played Houston in the divisonal round. He said the Pats had become the first team in the history of the NFL to get TWO byes to the AFCCG. Ay, ay. ay. And while he was right as the Pats destroyed the Texans, he has a penchant for coming across as a two year old. No one in Boston takes him seriously, I assure you.

Please do not judge Pats fans based on Dan Shaugnessy. They guy is a total tool. He wrote a very similar article last year when the pats played Houston in the divisonal round. He said the Pats had become the first team in the history of the NFL to get TWO byes to the AFCCG. Ay, ay. ay. And while he was right as the Pats destroyed the Texans, he has a penchant for coming across as a two year old. No one in Boston takes him seriously, I assure you.

Houston has a clown writer like this also. 

after reading your comment about Dan Shaugnessy, i thought ok, this guy is all right (even though a pats fan :) )..

but then i saw you have "Skip Bayless, award winning journalist, author and television pundit, ESPN" quoted in your signature! :D

after reading your comment about Dan Shaugnessy, i thought ok, this guy is all right (even though a pats fan :) )..

but then i saw you have "Skip Bayless, award winning journalist, author and television pundit, ESPN" quoted in your signature! :D

Darn quote. It is a bit of a joke. I will remove eventually just have not found a replacement yet ...

Look I get why Pats fans and writers are confident given their coach and QB's history.  I get why they would feel that way after watching the Colts give up over 500 yards to the Chiefs.  But I firmly believe this Luck-led "dome" team will not be bothered by weather and can never ever be counted out of a game.  And I think the notion that BB will own Luck is horribly misguided.

Around midnight on Saturday, I would guess the Pats will still be in the tournament.  But I would also not be surprised that the Colts win the game and it represents something of a passing of the torch from one of this generations great QB's to the next gen's best.     

Darn quote. It is a bit of a joke. I will remove eventually just have not found a replacement yet ...

I bet the Patriots, the actual guys who play the game, who take the hits, who put everything out on the field, and their coaches who spend hours upon hours studying opponents and create the game plans -

- all must HATE this type of article. 

Is it just me or do the Patriots have some of the most ignorant, blindest, insufferable fans? (Respect to some of the Pats fans who post here, you aren't all bad)

I have to disagree with you here. Read some of the comments following the article. The writer is apparently a poopie stirrer!

The Pats fans realize "any given Sunday " applies to them too.

I have to disagree with you here. Read some of the comments following the article. The writer is apparently a poopie stirrer!

The Pats fans realize "any given Sunday " applies to them too.

I agree. I read thru all the comments and was actually quite surprised. I don't think there was a single comment that agreed with the so called "journalist". Seems like most well educated NE fans know that their team isn't as good as their record would indicate. 

I like it! Hope the Pats also think like that. Colts always played their best football as underdog. They should be on fire after the big KC comeback. Pats maybe a bit rusty after the bye and without their main weapons (Hernandez, Gronkowski) still a big team but not as scary as years ago. I like our chances and if we loose it was still a great season. I expected a setback year and although we had a wild rollercoaster ride this year we made a step forward with our win against KC. I'm happy and proud and evertyhing we get now is just a big bonus ;-)

Please do not judge Pats fans based on Dan Shaugnessy. They guy is a total tool. 

This. End thread. 

Shaugnessy wrote this for the EXACT reason you see here... nobody in Boston likes him, and he's been around forever. The Red Sox practically won't even let him in to Fenway, lol...

Fans do not feel this way. No one I know is dismissing Indy even in the slightest. Dangerous team and Luck is building his legend with each passing week. It's going to be a good game, no doubt. 

Double D was just interviewing Shaunnessy on 1070. They were discussing the article, but I missed most of it. The summary conclusion DD took from it is that Pags and Luck have yet to prove anything, and will need to play at a different level to achieve "big boy football" status. I can agree with that.

After the interview, DD went into rambling about how young players sometimes believe there's always next year, but they have to learn that these opportunities are rare, and you have to step up NOW. Again, while rambling, it was a good point.

Colts are still unproven in the big moments, so it's time to PROVE IT. Until they do, authors like this tool are entitled to spout their nonsense.

No one in Boston takes him seriously, I assure you.

He took a ton of heat when he accused Big Papi of being on steroids, and I assume no one in Boston has forgiven him for that one yet. I couldn't even finish this article though, it literally might be the most annoying and arrogant piece of garbage I've read regarding a playoff football game.