Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck should not play tomorrow..reasons why..

ruf

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 we have a great vet qb that could win the game. may even have a special

connection working with DaRogers

#2 the weather will be really bad and could cause injury to Luck

#3 to add to #2; especially with our OL and we kind of don't know who will be

able to play or not

#4 we really don't need to win this game (would be good if we did) and we can

with our experienced backup qb

#5 we will be playing KC in two more weeks no need to show them the best that we have

#6 it is a very slim chance that we can improve our 4 seed. NE will not lose

both remaining games---Denver will not lose both of their remaining games--and the bengals has the best chance of losing both or one I thing would be needed for us to move to the #3 seed

#7 by keeping our #4 seed we already know who we will be playing and I think it would be the best team to win at home against. the team whoever it will be getting that #6 seed will be playing some good football and kind of a hot team like the ravens were last year

ok let me hear what ya'll think of this

The Colts still have a chance for a first round bye..

Obviously, you still play when you can improve your playoff position....Don't try to predict the future..Just play.

All healthy players must play...

This is an important game

Well obviously the team is going to play to win and all. But, I hope if we are losing badly they pull a few guys.

However this won't be the popular opinion but I personally do not care much if we lose this game and I have wanted to kinda be the 4th seed for weeks assuming KC also stays at #5.

I like the idea of us starting the playoffs with our young and beat up team as an underdog at home vs. a team with a better record. (granted if we lose to the Chiefs we probably beat the Jags....it's the every other game thing with us but would still have a worse record then the Chiefs more then likely).

I am not feeling us as second seed material right now, if we get it then fine but right now I am kinda hoping we stay where we are in the end.

Our thing all year has been thriving as the underdog. I feel this team winning the WC round at home very much......and then potentially even sneaking into the AFC title game. I think we have a higher chance at a one and done if we were the second seed.

JMO

This forum is no different now than any other year. I object to being told off about how I should post as well. It is one thing hoping your team loses, to thinking they'll lose. And I'll let some of you know a secret.....if I actually think we will lose a game...whisper.....it wont make any difference to the actual score.

We lose vets every year. For different reasons. it's the posters who pretend they like the Colts, but actually don't really that are making it a little painful. But grown adults should be able to cope with that, and either ridicule them or ignore them. They eventually leave.

I am not saying the Colts should lose on purpose either......but I am comfortable with the idea of us on WC weekend more then a week off too for some reason. It's really odd and I can't put my finger on it. If we got a Christmas miracle and got the second seed I would probably be happy but it seems so hard to imagine with some of our recent games too that we would actually get a postseason bye week. It seems surreal at times to even imagine for me.......

*shrugs*

But, lets not lose anymore starters either football Gods. If we do then it could become a real nightmare........

Its not really debatable..if you can be the '2' seed and get a  week off..

..you must go for it...

you cant be eliminated during the bye week.....your players cant get hurt during the bye week

and as hurt as our team is an extra week to heal is a good thing. You go for two or three as long as you can get it, we saw in 06 how big being the three vs. the four can be. It might be the difference in having to win one road game or two to go the Super Bowl if the Colts get that far.

With that said you have to be smart about it if it's one of these 30 to 3 games at half and bad weather you admit defeat and pull the starters.

and as hurt as our team is an extra week to heal is a good thing. You go for two or three as long as you can get it, we saw in 06 how big being the three vs. the four can be. It might be the difference in having to win one road game or two to go the Super Bowl if the Colts get that far.

With that said you have to be smart about it if it's one of these 30 to 3 games at half and bad weather you admit defeat and pull the starters.

This. If we are getting the stuffing knocked out of us then by all means pull Luck and a few others eventually. There is no need to hope for a miracle if we are that behind IMO on the road vs. a playoff team when we already clinched our division.

Playing behind that OL is a legit reason for Luck to fear for his life.

So what's the difference between this game and....   let's say any other game in the past two years?

Until there is tremendous upgrade of the Oline, I will fear for #12's health every game!

*-A Play Ball

:blueshoe: :blueshoe: :blueshoe:  and pray for the best!

able to play or not

#5 we will be playing KC in two more weeks no need to show them the best that we have

both remaining games---Denver will not lose both of their remaining games--and the bengals has the best chance of losing both or one I thing would be needed for us to move to the #3 seed

#7 by keeping our #4 seed we already know who we will be playing and I think it would be the best team to win at home against. the team whoever it will be getting that #6 seed will be playing some good football and kind of a hot team like the ravens were last year

reason #1 is stupid. I'm not even sure luck will win the game let alone hasslebeck, and where in the world did you get the hasselbeck rogers connection thing?

What do you mean show the Chiefs everything we got?  Do they not have access to 14 games worth of film?

Are we really going to be changing that much? We are who we are at this point I think.

I don't think it will happen, but getting the #2 seed would be awesome. It certainly would give us a chance to 

rest some guys and get people healthy. The second incentive to me would be to give Luck a real good feel

for the Chiefs so he'll know how we would need to play them in the possible second match up.

able to play or not

rjOot.gif

Not only does a win give them a very realistic chance of moving up in the seeding, the Colt's offense needs to improve in rushing and passing the football. For the Colts to have a chance to win even one game in the playoffs, the offense must IMPROVE between now and then. Luck, along with all of his rookie and 2nd year weapons need to continue to hone their craft for the next two games. Standing pat is one and done come playoff time.

Not only does a win give them a very realistic chance of moving up in the seeding, the Colt's offense needs to improve in rushing and passing the football. For the Colts to have a chance to win even one game in the playoffs, the offense must IMPROVE between now and then. Luck, along with all of his rookie and 2nd year weapons need to continue to hone their craft for the next two games. Standing pat is one and done come playoff time.

Is there anyone here smarter than you?