Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Delusional, or Hopeful?

Rob Lowe

123 members have voted

1. 1. Can we win the Super Bowl this season?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • In a few years.

I don't think it's delusional to think the Colts could win the Super Bowl this year.  I mean anything can happen in the playoffs and frankly anything normally does happen in the NFL playoffs.  If they get hot and catch a break or two they could find themselves in the big game but honestly they are probably a year or two away from being a true Super Bowl contender. 

Do you think we can win the Super Bowl? This is a poll topic, vote. It's for an article on differences between delusion and hope. Thanks for contributing

I definitely wouldn't consider it delusional myself. It would be incredibly difficult though. I just think the team is massively banged up. Now the Colts have been seeing their fair share of injuries on the D side of the ball in recent weeks. I can't wait to see the team next year however. I'll be happy if the Colts can manage to win their first playoff game, that's an improvment from last year.

it's why they play the game. I mean look at our championship year 7 years ago. a lot of people thought we were one and done because our defense was horrible during the season. come playoff time the defense looked like the best defense in the NFL. If we can get Toler back I think it will help our secondary out a whole lot. I mean we had a pretty darn good defense until he went down. yeah he is only an average at best CB but he def could cover better then the other guys we have playing opposite of Davis, plus i think it helps davis out a little as well. 

that being said, as some have already said, if we get hot the colts will be a scary team to face in the playoffs and it starts with the defense and Andrew Luck. 

I don't think it is delusional, the AFC does not seem like any one team is completely head and shoulders above the rest and we did actually beat the best team in the NFC this year (and yes I know were healthier then).

With that being said, I would not bet any money on it that's for sure!!!!

Is it ok to start a poll about whether or not the last two polls created are important, information gathering events?

Delusional, or hopeful?

1st rounder or Trent?

Seems like serving up divisive lobs that just makes fans take up positions. Not trying to single out the OP, I am genuinely curious. To me it feels so oddly similar to:

Peyton and the picks, or Luck?

Manning and the regular season, or Brady and the ringzzzzz?

I'm sitting here remembering the clip of all the "experts" who said that there was no way the Colts would win SB XLI.

At the time, I didn't think they would either; but I had hope. 

How anyone can say that a playoff team has no hope is beyond me. 

Plain and simple, the teams that the talking heads and even we believe to be huge threats to take the Lombardi Trophy .. have already been beaten by the Colts. Ya the playoffs is a different monster, we are riddled with injury, our offensive line is like dagum water (specially with ol satele at center). The main thing we have is LUCK! (Pun intended)with that guy calling the shots we will always be contenders. Go Colts!!!!

It's not irrational to think they could win it, however, it's unrealistic to expect that they will. The team is sprinkled with nice talent a a few positions but it's not enough to say we are dominate.

We are set at QB with Luck and we have talent that has been inconsistent at the wr spot on both rt and left as well as the slot. The TE has immense talent and Fleener has stepped up his game immensely but his counter punch TE is on IR and nobody has been able to fill those shoes. At RB, we have a guy who has good power and open field running but has been largely a bust behind a god awful oline and I think it's that oline that is going to cost us the chance at getting to that big game.

The defense just doesn't have a impact playmaker that is consistent. While you could argue Mathis is, he goes unnoticed for large parts of the game. Davis has been good and been terrible all year, he is not a super star but a good piece and probably better with better pieces around him. Freeman has been our most impressive lb but he isn't a ray lewis type game changer. The dline is adequate mostly but with periods of games without rest from an anemic offense, they burn fast.

With the poor play of the offensive line, the mediocre play on defense, a rookie offensive coordinator and pretty much a first year head coach combined with a defensive coordinator who plays a lot of vanilla schemes, it will take a lot to get to the big show this year, let alone win it. I'd guess at leadt 2 years away as well as a few others said but in the nfl, nothing will suprise me.

Who will we get as refs the rest of the year, that may determine a lot ;)

I don't think it's delusional to think the Colts could win the Super Bowl this year.  I mean anything can happen in the playoffs and frankly anything normally does happen in the NFL playoffs.  If they get hot and catch a break or two they could find themselves in the big game but honestly they are probably a year or two away from being a true Super Bowl contender. 

obviously the delusional choice would be "no" saying that something cannot happen even if the probability is low that is what I would call delusional, meanwhile by answering "yes" we "can" win the superbowl is entirely factual, any team that makes the playoffs "can" win the superbowl, to suggest otherwise just means you didn't pay attention when you read the question. :)

Any. Given. Sunday. Anything can happen, people counted the Ravens and Giants out, and have hyped up #1 and 2 seeds for years that ended up a disappointment. This is the reason we watch every game. A few lucky plays mixed with some game plan and anything can happen.

Don't forget a few calls going your way from the refs. Not neccessarily a good thing but the refs have for sure influenced the results of a lot of the games this year.

If you're in the playoffs. you can win it all. This especially holds true for football, and baseball as well. In basketball, not so much. There's 5 at most teams that have a chance in the NBA playoffs. NFL is different. 6th seeds have almost the same chance as a 1 seed. It's all about who gets hot at the right time. i.e the 2 Giants super bowls. Packers, Ravens last season.

We have won against the 3 best teams in the NFL Hawks, 9ers, and Broncos so anything is possible . It's all about getting hot at the right time and we have that X factor to pull games out in closing minutes . Pep is also known to pull out his best plays in crunch time that teams have not saw us use much if at all . Having Toler back will be a huge boost he's a physical corner that fits into our system very well then Butler can go back to the nickel and shutdown middle field where had been getting killed during those losses .

I've played in both tournaments and season playoffs on teams where I didn't think had a chance to win going into the game(s) but then we did. The formula is always the same, generous share of lucky bounces, favorable calls, and peak performance by multiple players on your team. As a player you may start out a tournament/playoffs thinking omg those guys are so good we have no chance. I hope we can keep it close. Maybe they have given you a complete beat down already, but once you start to play with a vastly superior team your success can create a belief in your own performance that takes on a life of it's own. I remember playing in a playoffs where we won the first game of a playoff night and then watched the team we would play in the finals the same night in the next game (the Knicks) demolish their semi final opponent by 40+. This team had beaten us easily 2x's during the season and we were the 4th place team in our league. We not only won but we led from start to finish. It happens.

Will the Colts go to the Super Bowl? I dunno but can they there is zero doubt in my mind that it can happen.

Since the bye week, you have beaten the Texans and the Titans, that's it, those are all 4 of your wins since the bye. I don't expect you to beat the Chiefs this week, but you'll probably beat the Jags. You guys haven't beat a good team on the road since week 3.

If you beat the Chiefs, I suppose it's possible you could make a run, if not, the last five wins will have come against bottom feeders, Jags, Texans and Titans. With losses to the Rams, The Cardinals and The Bengals. Difficult to get a barometer on a team who has played cupcakes the second half of the season. With the only convincing win was against the Texans who will have the #1 overall pick. 

I voted no, I'd say it's hopeful since anything can happen, bordering on delusional. JMO

Since the bye week, you have beaten the Texans and the Titans, that's it, those are all 4 of your wins since the bye. I don't expect you to beat the Chiefs this week, but you'll probably beat the Jags. You guys haven't beat a good team on the road since week 3.

If you beat the Chiefs, I suppose it's possible you could make a run, if not, the last five wins will have come against bottom feeders, Jags, Texans and Titans. With losses to the Rams, The Cardinals and The Bengals. Difficult to get a barometer on a team who has played cupcakes the second half of the season. With the only convincing win was against the Texans who will have the #1 overall pick. 

I voted no, I'd say it's hopeful since anything can happen, bordering on delusional. JMO

Four wins since the bye matches your teams season total sooooo......