Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Delusional, or Hopeful?

Rob Lowe

123 members have voted

1. 1. Can we win the Super Bowl this season?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • In a few years.

Since the bye week, you have beaten the Texans and the Titans, that's it, those are all 4 of your wins since the bye. I don't expect you to beat the Chiefs this week, but you'll probably beat the Jags. You guys haven't beat a good team on the road since week 3.

If you beat the Chiefs, I suppose it's possible you could make a run, if not, the last five wins will have come against bottom feeders, Jags, Texans and Titans. With losses to the Rams, The Cardinals and The Bengals. Difficult to get a barometer on a team who has played cupcakes the second half of the season. With the only convincing win was against the Texans who will have the #1 overall pick. 

I voted no, I'd say it's hopeful since anything can happen, bordering on delusional. JMO

I'd say it's hopeful too, since you want us to be as bad as possible so you can get a higher draft pick.

I'd say it's hopeful too, since you want us to be as bad as possible so you can get a higher draft pick.

Doesn't really matter, 25-32 is basically the same thing. I'm being objective here, you haven't beat anyone good since your bye. 

I'm both???

Here's to all the people who've been trying to keep me down
Got their fingers in my collar trying to turn me all around
I find it so funny to hear how much they hate
Try to push me to the ground then say they love me to my face
Say what you mean and don't try to deceive me
I so want to believe it, yes I want to, yes I do
Say what you want and don't try to prolong it
If you want to so-long it, then I want you to, yes I do

I'm feeling all the heat, they're gonna hear my call
Now I can wait to see you lose it all
You've placed your bets and he is gonna make you fall
I can't believe you're so delusional

why does that matter?

Why?

Making it to the playoffs in a crappy division by beating bad football teams doesn't bode well for beating good teams from good divisions. Like i said, you'll get a good gauge on where you are this weekend. If you beat the Cheifs @ Arrow head, that would certainly change my mind.

You're a mostly different team than the one who beat Denver, Seattle and San Fran and they are different as well. Especially San Fran. 

Why?

Making it to the playoffs in a crappy division by beating bad football teams doesn't bode well for beating good teams from good divisions. Like i said, you'll get a good gauge on where you are this weekend. If you beat the Cheifs @ Arrow head, that would certainly change my mind.

You're a mostly different team than the one who beat Denver, Seattle and San Fran and they are different as well. Especially San Fran. 

The Colts might be in a bad division, but at least they know how to win games when they need to. They understand that divisional games are important and if you win all your divisional games you'll make the playoffs. I'm sick of hearing that the Colts are in a bad division as an excuse for them winning it. The Texans may be crap this year, but wanna know something they won the division the past two years which means they have something right going on with their team(except qb). The Colts won division and are in playoffs with a home game.

O and something else just about a month and a half ago before steelers and ravens started playing better, the AFC North wasn't that great either record wise besides Bengals so your Browns had their chance at a division title but messed it up.

DON'T HATE CAUSE YOU AIN"T

Why?

Like the Steelers and the Browns are quality opponents in the North? The Bengals division is no better, same goes for the AFC East. The Ravens were 1-4 in December last year. They probably shouldn't have bothered, right?

The Colts might be in a bad division, but at least they know how to win games when they need to. They understand that divisional games are important and if you win all your divisional games you'll make the playoffs. I'm sick of hearing that the Colts are in a bad division as an excuse for them winning it. The Texans may be crap this year, but wanna know something they won the division the past two years which means they have something right going on with their team(except qb). The Colts won division and are in playoffs with a home game.

O and something else just about a month and a half ago before steelers and ravens started playing better, the AFC North wasn't that great either record wise besides Bengals so your Browns had their chance at a division title but messed it up.

DON'T HATE CAUSE YOU AIN"T

The Bengals beat the Colts and the Chargers (a team the Colts lost to) in the past 3 weeks...

Not really making a good argument here. 

The Bengals beat the Colts and the Chargers (a team the Colts lost to) in the past 3 weeks...

Not really making a good argument here. 

Frankly, BpG is not being more negative about this team than some "Colt" fans are. We just call it trolling when its attached to another teams fan. 

Delusionaly Hopeful, ain't that what being a fan is all about!

Would I bet the ranch on it?  he he ho ho har har, no way.

But I wouldn't bet all I had on any team, the NFL is too unpredictable!

I will root for the Colts & hope against hope that we win it all.

But, I just love an underdog!

:coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

We can make the superbowl if we can avoid Denver but we don't match up well vs the Seahawks, Bears or Saints without Reggie Wayne. Bears and Saints both have top 5 offenses and great offensive weapons it'll be hard to match them score for score. Seahawks have the best defense, Mobile QB, great running game, and Harvin is coming back.

Geez, there's only one right answer, and it's the same for any team that makes the playoffs.

Yes.

If you buy one ticket to the lottery, CAN you win?

This ^

The OP's question was worded "can" so the only the right answer is yes.

Had the question been worded with "will", I would have expected varied votes. 

Two little words, but the meaning is vastly different. 

Do you think we can win the Super Bowl? This is a poll topic, vote. It's for an article on differences between delusion and hope. Thanks for contributing

Can we win the Super Bowl this season?                No
  1. Yes.
  2. No.
  3. In a few years.      :spit:   36 people actually voted for this   :thmup: Apparently the difference between delusion & hope is reading comprehension . 

Why?

oh ya?

This year was supposed to be the year for the Texans and the Falcons both now in the sewer. The Colts continue to build and have proven to be capable of beating the best in the NFL this year while falling to much lesser opponents. The reason I think is the constant shuffling of personnel do mostly to injuries. The Colts are in an experimental program now and it appears they are making headway. If they go all the way few of us would be shocked but if they do not I think we can all sit back and look forward to next season and many after that. Nothing is more aggravating to a sports fan than to watch their team accept defeat and the Colts powers that be will not accept defeat. We will get there.  

oh ya?

Yeah, it certainly changed my mind. I am amazed at how well your defense continues to play.

For all the talk about how "bad" your offensive line is, Luck only got sacked once. Now I'm not sure if that's an indication of how poorly the Chiefs D has been of late, but it's looking like you'll be playing them at home come playoff time. Big win for the Colts.