Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's INT.

Dark Superman

You know what if we win this game and dominate the texans I think then we are starting to click on offense. Texans may have a horrible record but they have a top 10 D and thier offense is no slouch either. Depends on which week the texans play and it seems like this game the playoff contender houston showed up so I hope we beat them bad needs to be a lopsided score!!

Honestly, it looked to me like Rogers was lazy in his route.  I also thought the same thing later in the game on the near INT that was dropped.  It looked like he rounded off his cut instead of a nice sharp cut which allowed the defender to get underneath him and pick the ball off.  I think it's a completion on a better route. JMO

After re-watching it bad listening to experts on the radio yesterday I think it was a combo of great plsy by Joseph and bad route by Rogers.

I believe Solomon Willcotts was saying during the broadcast that Rogers was kind of tipping his routes a little.  Something I have no doubt he can and will work on.  Hopefully Reggie can teach him how to disguise the routes better. Still that first INT was a poor decision on Luck's part to throw it into such tight coverage.  

I believe Solomon Willcotts was saying during the broadcast that Rogers was kind of tipping his routes a little.  Something I have no doubt he can and will work on.  Hopefully Reggie can teach him how to disguise the routes better. Still that first INT was a poor decision on Luck's part to throw it into such tight coverage.  

Jason_S, weren't you the one who touted Nick Foles when he was in the draft class? If yes, just wanted to give you props since I remember you touting him every chance you had.

Jason_S, weren't you the one who touted Nick Foles when he was in the draft class? If yes, just wanted to give you props since I remember you touting him every chance you had.

Yes I was and thank you, I appreciate that. :)  I was all for trading the #1 pick, getting as many additional picks as possible and taking Foles in the 2nd (obviously with hindsight I know we could get him in the third but on draft day I wouldn't have been confident enough that he would last that long).

I thought he threw it just a touch late, and Rogers did a poor job adjusting, and Joseph made a great play. Combination of factors, leading to a pick. It happens. Two young guys getting outsmarted by a veteran. They'll get better.

6 of one a half dozen of the other I think.

Rogers didn't quite stick his route and allowed Joseph to undercut. Can't put it all on a rookie receiver in his second game. It was a bad decision by Luck and he should really know better.

In the end though it was great coverage by Houston.