Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McGlynn benched and other roster moves [Merge]

Dustin

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it would hurt to bench Thornton at this point either, for Reitz. It would immediately improve pass pro, as Reitz and AC already had a good chemistry going last year in that regard. At least we have a shot now

I thought the same thing until I read the Colts Authority study on how they actually play. Perception is sometimes different than facts.

By all means, link me to the article. I'd like to understand what changed your opinion

Very detailed article. If you want to cut to the chase, go to the comments section and see his reply to my question. I wondered why Reitz couldn't start over McGlynn. Like others have said, I prefer him at C.

NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITE2013-articles/november/ca-charting-project-charting-the-colts-offensive-line-week-12.html

I don't think we're supposed to post links, if so, mods can delete it.

At this point of wouldn't mind seeing Thorton shifted to his scheduled RG spot, satele get replaced by Mcfly and Reitz go to the LGspot where he did ok. However, we know Mcfly is below avg at either LG or C and Reitz is an avg guy that is back up quality only, not a starter and may bea better tackle anyway than at guard which is where he had been groomed for. Thorton has struggled but at least he is growing and his struggles may straighten out with reps, the other guys, we know their cieling so you have to leave him in to mature and learn. I'd really like to see him on thert side though with the changes. Link should help the run game though.

why aren't we benching satele....and put Mcglynn  in at center?

Maybe they are giving both guys a message, mcfly, you're terrible at gaurd, have a seat, satele, ifyou don't improve this week, Crappy Mcfly takes over for you, what does that say about you?

Very detailed article. If you want to cut to the chase, go to the comments section and see his reply to my question. I wondered why Reitz couldn't start over McGlynn. Like others have said, I prefer him at C.

NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITE2013-articles/november/ca-charting-project-charting-the-colts-offensive-line-week-12.html

I don't think we're supposed to post links, if so, mods can delete it.

Interesting. Thanks

Yup haha

That let's you know how bad Mike McGlynn is when the forum misses the old whipping boy.

As the old saying goes, "never know what you have until it's gone"

lmao

Or, "be careful what you ask for...you might get it".  Link is a substandard lineman, but is amazingly better than McGlynn.  I guess it's all relative...

Linkenbach is not the answer going forward but at least we finally decided to play with 5 O Linemen instead of handicapping ourselves with Mcglynn, Dont exactly know how much Irsay had to do with this but if he was the biggest reason in this then that man gained ALOT of respect from me! Well done Mr. Irsay if you prompted this move to be done!

I don't think it would hurt to bench Thornton at this point either, for Reitz. It would immediately improve pass pro, as Reitz and AC already had a good chemistry going last year in that regard. At least we have a shot now

Reitz sucked last year too

Post-injury, maybe. Before he got hurt, he was solid. Even so, post-injury, I thought he still played better than McGlynn

Putting IT the clown and taking our chances that some D Linemen on opposing teams is scared of clowns at RG would be better then Mcglynn

Putting IT the clown and taking our chances that some D Linemen on opposing teams is scared of clowns at RG would be better then Mcglynn

It just frustrates me even thinking about how out of all the linemen on our roster, he made it out of camp with not only a job, but a starting one, at that

It just frustrates me even thinking about how out of all the linemen on our roster, he made it out of camp with not only a job, but a starting one, at that

Outside of Ben Ijalana(just did not get to see enough of Ijalana unfortunately but what he put out there was good...I think coaching staff just lost confidence in his ability to stay healthy) I dont think he had any competition that was far and away enough to knock him off the roster(certainly not any competition that was or is going to be with the team long term in terms of backups) ......Coaching staff also saw him as versatile....probably still does actually sad to say