Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official. Rogers will play Sunday.

Captain Americolt

Per Rotoworld:

Coach Chuck Pagano said WR Da'Rick Rogers will be active for the Colts Sunday.

"He's going to get his shot," Pagano said. It will be the first game of Rogers' NFL career and it comes with the Colts wideout corps in shambles. Reggie Wayne is on IR, T.Y. Hilton (shoulder) is a little nicked, Darrius Heyward-Bey is completely inept and the Colts don't seem to have much faith in LaVon Brazill. Rogers won't see enough snaps to be a fantasy option right now, but he's someone to put on watch lists. The talent is there if his head is on right

We already kinda knew this as there are only 4 WR on the 53 man roster. He was going to be dressed regardless, and as the Colts are still going by comitee (read: searching for answers) at the position, he was going to get a couple snaps.

I just wish the forums would cool off on the hype on thos guy. At this rate, when he doesnt light the world on fire, the amount of letdown threads will match those of a loss, even if the team wins.

Awesome what about Rainey

@KBowenColts: Pagano says Chris Rainey will be one of the options as a KR. Boom Herron and LaVon Brazill also options

Hope that answers that for you. And Da'Rick is officially playing

@KBowenColts: Pagano on Rogers: "He's at a point where he's picked things up and we are going to put him out there and give him a shot."

So will Josh McNary

@KBowenColts: Pagano says Josh McNary can make a "huge" impact on special teams. Says he matches up well with the Titans.

@KBowenColts: Pagano says Chris Rainey will be one of the options as a KR. Boom Herron and LaVon Brazill also options

@KBowenColts: Pagano on Rogers: "He's at a point where he's picked things up and we are going to put him out there and give him a shot."

So will Josh McNary

@KBowenColts: Pagano says Josh McNary can make a "huge" impact on special teams. Says he matches up well with the Titans.

If they brought up McNary and signed Lynch for special teams, I would think the plan would be to deactivate Herron and have Rainey be the return man.

Why?

Rainey is an established kick returner who has had good success at it in Pittsburgh. Herron is mostly a special teams player right now, and shares a position (RB) with Rainey. So if McNary or Lynch takes Herron's current spot on special teams, then Herron can be a healthy scratch to let Rainey run back kicks.

Rainey is an established kick returner who has had good success at it in Pittsburgh. Herron is mostly a special teams player right now, and shares a position (RB) with Rainey. So if McNary or Lynch takes Herron's current spot on special teams, then Herron can be a healthy scratch to let Rainey run back kicks.

Boom is a returner too so JM and/or CL will not take his spot

We already kinda knew this as there are only 4 WR on the 53 man roster. He was going to be dressed regardless, and as the Colts are still going by comitee (read: searching for answers) at the position, he was going to get a couple snaps.

I just wish the forums would cool off on the hype on thos guy. At this rate, when he doesnt light the world on fire, the amount of letdown threads will match those of a loss, even if the team wins.

I don't think there is a whole group, more a small smattering, of people who think Da'rick is going to be a savior, more it was to change up what was not working with the other WR's in DHB and Reed. They have cut Reed now and at least DHB caught all the balls thrown to him (that I seen) so it's time to put him in.

I'm tempered enough to know that if this kid catches 1-3 balls, it's a win an you build on that. If he comes in and bricks the balls tossed his way then it will make you wonder if this is what he has been showing in practice. I will expect him to run a wrong route at least once and I will expect him to drop one with nerves of the stage and knowing fans have been calling hard for him the chance. Lets watch for a few things

1. Will he hustle 100% of the time or only when his route is called?

2. Will he lose his cool if something adverse happens?

3. If he runs a wrong route, will he run several wrong routes?

4. Can he catch under the pressure of the circumstances?

To me, it won't matter if he catches a 2 yard out or a 20 yard over the middle play, I just want to see his potential be expressed and not negative things that come from frustrations or lack of concentrating.

People might as well embrace this kid. We don't even have a true #1 reciever right now. We have a very good slot reciever as our #1, no #2 or 3. Fleener is basically the only TE that can be trust worthy to catch a ball.

Were at the point now that we actually need him to step up and be that #2 or #3. ( or DHB could stop regressing and become a true 1 or 2 )

1 option at WR and 1 at TE will not get it done

So will Josh McNary

*fist pound* preciate that bruh

Don't forget the 'I told you he stunk' threads.

Both will be unfair.