Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rogers elevated to Active Roster [Merge]

corgi

He'll see the field. You don't elevate a WR just to have him sit. I believe we're holding auditions for the "Reggie Wayne replacement" sweepstakes.

Sign a WR to the active roster & to the practice squad in the same day? We're serious about finding another WR other than Ty Hilton who's doing it by himself at the moment

Depends on whether Whalen can play or not. Really, even if Whalen can't go, Rogers is 5th, behind TY, DHB, Brazill and Reed (who actually showed some hands on Sunday). If someone gets hurt during the game, there's a chance Rogers could see the field, but as it stands right now, I doubt it. He might not even dress.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's just hard to believe that if this guy is half as good as some people seem to believe that he is sitting on the PS for as long as he was. I think he sees some time on Thursday, but I don't expect more than 2-3 catches for maybe 20-30 yards tops, which I actually would consider a positive for the team. It's production at least. I think DHB should be used more for blocking on screens or downfield-- something he is actually pretty good at.

Does this also mean that Brazill is considered a bust? Luck is really missing not just Wayne, but Allen as well. Just thought the remaining receiving targets outside of TY would show more than they have. They have looked very ineffective the past two games.

Depends on whether Whalen can play or not. Really, even if Whalen can't go, Rogers is 5th, behind TY, DHB, Brazill and Reed (who actually showed some hands on Sunday). If someone gets hurt during the game, there's a chance Rogers could see the field, but as it stands right now, I doubt it. He might not even dress.

Griff Whalen isn't hurt. He wasn't on the injury report yesterday

The guy should get a chance to show something on the field.  

Reggie is out and DHB can't catch. 

Honestly you could pull DHB and put Rodgers in and it probably couldn't hurt us.  

That's what I'm thinking. I honestly don't think anyone is going to move into an official #2 spot. Each game someone may perform better than others, then vice versa the next game. TY Hilton has shown to be #1. Colby Fleener could be a #2 right now for end-zone catches. But then there's Donald Brown who had a decent game catching the ball. lol. The potential is there.

It's just hard to believe that if this guy is half as good as some people seem to believe that he is sitting on the PS for as long as he was. I think he sees some time on Thursday, but I don't expect more than 2-3 catches for maybe 20-30 yards tops, which I actually would consider a positive for the team. It's production at least. I think DHB should be used more for blocking on screens or downfield-- something he is actually pretty good at.

Does this also mean that Brazill is considered a bust? Luck is really missing not just Wayne, but Allen as well. Just thought the remaining receiving targets outside of TY would show more than they have. They have looked very ineffective the past two games.

How can Brazill be a bust? He was a 6th round pick. I've really begun to hate that word. It doesn't mean anything anymore.

Im not suggesting Rogers is the second coming, but does no one think Rogers was on the practise squad in order to prove that he has matured, and can be a level headed squad member.

Its clear he is being moved up out of necessity rather than anything else but, looking back, I saw a lot of people saying he looked good in Bills training camp.

Im not suggesting Rogers is the second coming, but does no one think Rogers was on the practise squad in order to prove that he has matured, and can be a level headed squad member.

Its clear he is being moved up out of necessity rather than anything else but, looking back, I saw a lot of people saying he looked good in Bills training camp.

He did look good in Bills camp. The physical talent is there, no question. He's a good route runner, he's fast (not explosive, but has speed), great size, good hands, good body control, he can take a hit and hold on to the ball, he's fearless across the middle, and he's a solid blocker. He reminds me of Josh Gordon, but I think Gordon has a higher top speed.

The problem was his mental grasp of the game. He wasn't running the right routes, he wouldn't line up in the right spot, he missed blocking assignments, his body language sucked, he didn't have a good handle on the playbook, etc. All attitude and effort. Then there are the red flags from college, mostly related to marijuana.

So now he's been on our practice squad for two months. He should have a solid grasp of the playbook. He hasn't played in a game at NFL speed yet, aside from preseason. It's yet to be determined if he can handle the nuances of playing receiver in the pros. But the physical attributes are there, no question. I hope we're playing the long game with Rogers. I believe we have his rights in 2014; he was waived by the Bills, and we didn't claim him, we signed him as a free agent to our practice squad, so I'm not sure what his contract status is.

I'm pulling for him. I think he has the tools to be a potential standout receiver. He should have been a second or third rounder, if you get rid of the red flags and the attitude issues. But I doubt that he can step in in Week 11 and be an impact player.

I know. I hope he's able to go. And if that's the case, where is there room for Rogers to get on the field?

Rotation. Or just bench DHB cause according to the forum he did terrible Sunday. I can't confirm that cause I didn't see the game but why not throw Rodgers in there as the outside guy a few times come Thursday

Yeah, the oline is getting shoved around.. so we shouldn't acknowledge the Rogers move? Half the posts in this thread are negative towards some guy we have never seen take a snap for us. What do you care if some fans get excited about a new WR?

I'm here everyday; scrolling through threads.  You dudes with the big post counts are mostly just bullies around here.  Doing 1 sentence sarcastic replies so much its hard to tell if some of you like the team or just like pointing out all the flaws so you can say "told ya so" after something bad happens.  I love this team.  I hate the know-it-all "fans" who talk down to other fans.

:ranton: I agree with you 100% about everything you said. Lol its funny cuz you basically took the words right out of my mouth. The ones with the high post counts think they run this forum or somethin, like half the dudes in here have probly never even put pads on a single time in their life but who knows. You're always gonna have the people that like to show other people how right they are about somethin and then you'll have the ones that like to belittle others and make them feel like they dont know what theyre talking about. Having alot of post doesnt mean you're a bigger fan of the team then anyone else in here, it just means you sit on your * everyday and type on your keyboard and look up football stats. There are some really cool dudes with high post tho like Gavin Dustin n Tknight but i agree with you, the bullying type post and the sarcastic one sentence replies need to stop. K :rantoff:

:ranton: I agree with you 100% about everything you said. Lol its funny cuz you basically took the words right out of my mouth. The ones with the high post counts think they run this forum or somethin, like half the dudes in here have probly never even put pads on a single time in their life but who knows. You're always gonna have the people that like to show other people how right they are about somethin and then you'll have the ones that like to belittle others and make them feel like they dont know what theyre talking about. Having alot of post doesnt mean you're a bigger fan of the team then anyone else in here, it just means you sit on your butt everyday and type on your keyboard and look up football stats. There are some really cool dudes with high post tho like Gavin Dustin n Tknight but i agree with you, the bullying type post and the sarcastic one sentence replies need to stop. K :rantoff:

Don't turn the RANT off. I wanna see more! But I do think the high post counts people deserve to be all high and mighty since they have seniority. It is like college status. They are the Seniors and we are the Freshman.

Brazil was a 6th round pick.  The fact that he made the team for 2 seasons and did something productive for us at any point means he's a minor steal.  He caught a big TD against the Lions his rookie year.  So he was productive once making him a steal.

You really can't bust if you get selected in the 5th round or later.  Because if you get cut from the team in training camp you've pretty much met expectations.  Making the team at that point and doing something productive one time means you've exceeded expectations.  

Now if you are asking if Brazil is in our long term plans, I'd say no.  He's at best a WR4, likely a WR5.  At this point I wonder why we don't just train him to return kickoffs and punts and let him do that.  

I don't think this video was posted yet but this has Da'Rick with some of the top WRs of this years draft in an interview discussing on field strengths, who they looked up to, off-field problems COUGHDARICKCOUGH. Must suck to be the only one who went undrafted, imagine the chip on that shoulder. I hope he has a good career with no more problems, hopefully the Colts organization can help him get on the right track and become the superstar he has the potential to be.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000153484/Game-Changers-The-Interview

Don't turn the RANT off. I wanna see more! But I do think the high post counts people deserve to be all high and mighty since they have seniority. It is like college status. They are the Seniors and we are the Freshman.

I must if missed something. I haven't seen anyone on here whip out their posts counts on the table and compare. I see people post a lot of really dumb crap, daily like that don't have the first clue about the game of football. Then you have guys that call them out on it. When and where post counts come into the discussion is new to me. I post from my phone so have no idea about that crap anyways. Don't really care either.

I've questioned the love the guy has gotten from some forum members, but I hope Da'rick can prove them right...

Glad the guy is getting a chance...

Hope he does well, but in all reality, no one is going to shine until we can give Luck some time...right now the Oline couldn't block a drain....

Reed showed hands Sunday? He had ONE reception.

I must if missed something. I haven't seen anyone on here whip out their posts counts on the table and compare. I see people post a lot of really dumb crap, daily like that don't have the first clue about the game of football. Then you have guys that call them out on it. When and where post counts come into the discussion is new to me. I post from my phone so have no idea about that crap anyways. Don't really care either.

Yup not entirely sure where this came from but there you go, odd times lately and I really need to steer clear of this place after a Colts loss as it can get.... touchy :P 

Maybe I shouldn't be posting this in fear of further alienating myself via increasing my post count? :P

Yup not entirely sure where this came from but there you go, odd times lately and I really need to steer clear of this place after a Colts loss as it can get.... touchy :P

Maybe I shouldn't be posting this in fear of further alienating myself via increasing my post count? :P

They have spoken, we all better just log off. I'm going to take my post count and wait until they catch up.

They have spoken, we all better just log off. I'm going to take my post count and wait until they catch up.

Meh, they might have a point in a few instances, but I also feel like some of it is straight from the Skip Bayless' school of debate. People say stupid things, get called out on in and then use a totally irrelevant argument to defend their position. 

Meh, they might have a point in a few instances, but I also feel like some of it is straight from the Skip Bayless' school of debate. People say stupid things, get called out on in and then use a totally irrelevant argument to defend their position. 

It's kind of exactly like this.

chewbacca_defense.jpg

You didnt get it then, just because you have a high post count doesnt mean you're an *. Its just certain ones with high count post (and i know who they are cuz i see it almost everyday) but im not gonna drop any names. But some act like they run this forum and if someone brings up an idea or opinion that doesnt match what the other is thinking more often times then not someone will reply back with an extremely sarcastic remark or theyll just plain try to make you look stupid and tell you just how completely wrong you are because you have only a few posts so therefor you dont know whats good for the team as someone with a couple thousand posts. Wether the post is completely nonsense or not theres no reason to try and belittle fellow fans of the team.

Yes, because I am the one coming into a thread to spout sarcastic shots (and not even funny sarcasm) at people who get excited about a talented young player. The irony lies at you over reaction to a similar sarcastic post just several days ago.

I have not heard one post saying Rogers would be the 'saviour', some people have just over reacted to his huge upside.

Good thing you are here make sure people "don't get off the hook" when Rogers doesn't get 1000 yards in the 7 games remaining.

Ah but see, my posts are about the topics, where you just seem to like to go after people.  Its cute though, e-thugs are always good for a laugh.  But as i know you love to have the last word, i wont bother responding to you after this.

Don't turn the RANT off. I wanna see more! But I do think the high post counts people deserve to be all high and mighty since they have seniority. It is like college status. They are the Seniors and we are the Freshman.

Just because someone talks (or posts) a lot doesn't mean they are saying anything profound. But then again, maybe they are. Judge every post(er) on their own merits, I say.

Re: Rogers - hopefully he shows something positive to build on when he gets a chance.

Reed showed hands Sunday? He had ONE reception.

Yeah, you need hands to catch, even just one reception. But it was a nice hands catch, turning the body around and snagging the ball cleanly. I'm not saying he's Cris Carter, just that he can catch the ball. Had no proof of that before Sunday's game.

You didnt get it then, just because you have a high post count doesnt mean you're an *. Its just certain ones with high count post (and i know who they are cuz i see it almost everyday) but im not gonna drop any names. But some act like they run this forum and if someone brings up an idea or opinion that doesnt match what the other is thinking more often times then not someone will reply back with an extremely sarcastic remark or theyll just plain try to make you look stupid and tell you just how completely wrong you are because you have only a few posts so therefor you dont know whats good for the team as someone with a couple thousand posts. Wether the post is completely nonsense or not theres no reason to try and belittle fellow fans of the team.

No do I get where your coming from somewhat, but it's from posters with lower post counts vs higher counts that I've seen number of posts first referenced. Now that's not to say someone with a higher post count might not feel they can act in a different manner to someone they see as having a lower post count. 

You also have to understand there's seemingly been an increase (IMO) of posters joining and posting stupid/offensive comments which has chafed with some who are regulars on here. Unfortunately this can mean "genuine" new posters sometimes get caught in the backlash.

For me it's simple, I'll judge you on the quality of your post, not what number it is. If it's stupid than sure I might poke some fun at it or counter with an argument but I'm always looking to engage people in some quality conversation. I will say though that the posters with the higher post numbers tend to have more "form" and will have built up a reputation, good or bad so yeah if one of those posts I might lend some more weight to their words. 

No, you have to realize that people with big post counts have been here for longer than a cup of coffee. We have seen countless numbers of illogical pointless posts. We someone posts something ridiculous they get called on it. No one is here to be a bully, and people with a lot of posts aren't above being called out either.

I don't think anyone takes issue with someone being excited about a new player, but when people make ludicrous proclamations about guys who have done nothing it gets annoying. If you stick around for a while you will get it.

Have fun and post to your hearts content. If you have an opinion and you can make a good argument as to why it's a good opinion you should have nothing to worry about.

How I feel about Trent posters. Than I get attacked for it, but whatever it's my observation and I'm sticking to it. 

Ah but see, my posts are about the topics, where you just seem to like to go after people.  Its cute though, e-thugs are always good for a laugh.  But as i know you love to have the last word, i wont bother responding to you after this.

lol, yeah I'm a real e-thug.

e-thug.jpg

I am not saying Rogers will be a star, I do think he is immensely talented and was shocked when he was not drafted, he has second round talent.

With that said, I disagree with your premise completely. Rogers has potentially a long career in front of him, perhaps with the Colts. He also had a reputation for having a sense of entitlement... making him work hard to earn a spot on the team instead of just granting it to him based on his talent could be a very good thing for his long term development.

Pagano stated he has been coming in early and leaving late every day for the past two months to get up to speed... you don't just hand him the roster spot, you make him earn it, and he has done that. I think we could see something from him... all this forum hype may just be justified for once.

Good God... is this what the world has become...

(I acknowledge the fast that that was a snarky one liner but it had to be said.)