Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rogers elevated to Active Roster [Merge]

corgi

You didnt get it then, just because you have a high post count doesnt mean you're an *. Its just certain ones with high count post (and i know who they are cuz i see it almost everyday) but im not gonna drop any names. But some act like they run this forum and if someone brings up an idea or opinion that doesnt match what the other is thinking more often times then not someone will reply back with an extremely sarcastic remark or theyll just plain try to make you look stupid and tell you just how completely wrong you are because you have only a few posts so therefor you dont know whats good for the team as someone with a couple thousand posts. Wether the post is completely nonsense or not theres no reason to try and belittle fellow fans of the team.

I can't speak for others but that is certainly not how I see it. It usually does not take me long to identify someone whose posts I enjoy reading because I think they know what they are talking about. And I personally enjoy people who are enthusiastic about the Colts and post here, maybe they are not overly knowledgeable about the game but they do not pretend to be either.

The thing that annoys me, and others, is when someone spouts a completely unfounded notion and presents it as the last word in football punditry, you can have 1 post or 10000 posts, either way, you deserve to be called out on it.  

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How I feel about Trent posters. Than I get attacked for it, but whatever it's my observation and I'm sticking to it. 

Well everybody gets attacked at some point, that's just the nature of the internet. I've taken my share of lumps since I've been here.  To me if someone's post is grounded in reality, and is at least minimally thought provoking then it's a positive contribution.

How I feel about Trent posters. Than I get attacked for it, but whatever it's my observation and I'm sticking to it.

The funny thing is "Trent posters" rarely post about how great or good Trent is. They merely respond to the "Trent bashers" who want to write the man off 6 games into our season. Heck I've seen the Trent bashers spew flat out venom from day one of the trade. Blaming everything on Trent and not taking anything what so ever into account.

The funny thing is "Trent posters" rarely post about how great or good Trent is. They merely respond to the "Trent bashers" who want to write the man off 6 games into our season. Heck I've seen the Trent bashers spew flat out venom from day one of the trade. Blaming everything on Trent and not taking anything what so ever into account.

lol, this is one of those awkward moments when the person you thought you were agreeing with, is indeed one of the aforementioned 'trent bashers.'

"Trent posters" routinely post about his potential unprovoked, or some other such incalculable nonsense. Also I agree with you that they respond, but I think it still fits into what I'm saying. I've seen an equal amount of people Starting the argument about Trent on both sides. 

lol, this is one of those awkward moments when the person you thought you were agreeing with, is indeed one of the aforementioned 'trent bashers.'

that'd be me I guess. I don't do this at all though: "Blaming everything on Trent and not taking anything what so ever into account. ". But i'm not gonna lie to your face and say I don't bash Trent. I loved the trade the first 2 weeks and ever since I've just been baffled by it. I take all arguments on either side into account though, I am not just someone who says "But Brown runs behind the same line and gets more yards"..

"Trent posters" routinely post about his potential unprovoked, or some other such incalculable nonsense. Also I agree with you that they respond, but I think it still fits into what I'm saying. I've seen an equal amount of people Starting the argument about Trent on both sides.

I just want him to succeed since we traded our first for him. Well that and a date to the prom would be nice ;)

Agreed, I'll be the 1st to admit and have several times that I hated the trade from the beginning. I keep seeing people post things about his "breakout" game and how great he is. He's this, he's that, he's awesome, he's a beast...nonsense! It's not that I want him to fail...that would be stupid, but I don't think he is who many think/thought he is/was. 

I think some of the bashing stems from how so many carried on about him after the trade and made him out to be the 2nd coming of AP and Barry Sanders wrapped into one. since he's been here he has done absolutely nothing. Yes, much of that is a result of our terrible o-line, but some of it has to fall on Trent himself. The excuses for him have been ridiculous from some posters and at least 5 new excuses seem to pop up after every poor game he has. 

It is what it is, Trent has been a huge disappointment thus far. Blame should fall on more than just his blockers, if he's so great then he should be able to create a little bit of something on his own every once in a while. I hope he starts tearing it up, but he'll have to prove it to me. So far he's proven nothing, even if you go back to his time in Cleveland.

I'm curious, as I know nothing about Da'Rick Rogers other than what is already on the surface (i.e. great numbers in college, drug suspension, strong Compbine), why did this guy go undrafted?

After all the trouble Tyrann Mathieu went through (which is a lot more than I know of from Rogers), he was STILL taken in the third round.

No one took a flier in the 6th or 7th round?

I've wondered what specifically made Rogers a pariah to every team... I'm thinking that he gave really poor interviews... It seems quite possible that he's not that bright, even if he is a beast on the field (remains to be seen in the pros). I don't think the Colts have much to lose from promoting him to the active roster, though. There were so many on here screaming for Grigs to draft him in April, so I hope that he turns out to be a bit of a savant.... Like Vontea... They don't all have to be from Stanford  :dunno:

I think they should give him some plays that are specifically designed with him in mind, Not many, dont revolve your passing game around him and if he does not get open regardless if the play is designed for him then dont force it. I would put him out there a good 10-15 plays an see what he can do with them, again if he is not open then dont force it to him just because the play is designed for him but see what he can do

Agreed, I'll be the 1st to admit and have several times that I hated the trade from the beginning. I keep seeing people post things about his "breakout" game and how great he is. He's this, he's that, he's awesome, he's a beast...nonsense! It's not that I want him to fail...that would be stupid, but I don't think he is who many think/thought he is/was.

I think some of the bashing stems from how so many carried on about him after the trade and made him out to be the 2nd coming of AP and Barry Sanders wrapped into one. since he's been here he has done absolutely nothing. Yes, much of that is a result of our terrible o-line, but some of it has to fall on Trent himself. The excuses for him have been ridiculous from some posters and at least 5 new excuses seem to pop up after every poor game he has.

It is what it is, Trent has been a huge disappointment thus far. Blame should fall on more than just his blockers, if he's so great then he should be able to create a little bit of something on his own every once in a while. I hope he starts tearing it up, but he'll have to prove it to me. So far he's proven nothing, even if you go back to his time in Cleveland.

I think he's struggling because his lack of cable. We all know how they are, schedule days, even weeks out. A guy can't be expected to his his stride without keeping up with east bound and down, hello ladies and walking dead ;)

Back on topic. Would love to see Rogers make an impact. I think his biggest problem was mental. Not able to just beat everyone with physical abilities like in college. Need to hone your talents.

Back on topic. Would love to see Rogers make an impact. I think his biggest problem was mental. Not able to just beat everyone with physical abilities like in college. Need to hone your talents.

I hope Rogers turns into what his talent says he can become. If he does he could be an above average player, but if he falls back into his dumb habits of smoking dope and acting entitled, then he'll never make it.

I've wondered what specifically made Rogers a pariah to every team... I'm thinking that he gave really poor interviews... It seems quite possible that he's not that bright, even if he is a beast on the field (remains to be seen in the pros). I don't think the Colts have much to lose from promoting him to the active roster, though. There were so many on here screaming for Grigs to draft him in April, so I hope that he turns out to be a bit of a savant.... Like Vontea... They don't all have to be from Stanford  :dunno:

Maybe he has Burfict syndrome? I hope he has a career like Birfict so far. He seems like a beast

I hope Rogers turns into what his talent says he can become. If he does he could be an above average player, but if he falls back into his dumb habits of smoking dope and acting entitled, then he'll never make it.

Reminds me of Lance Stephenson for the pacers. Had all the talent in the world but was a buckle head. Like quite a few players in the nfl also. Once they get their act together and realize that can't make it with just their talent anymore they buckle down and get it together. I think NFL is way more mental cause everyone has the physical.

Just watched the kids interview. I like his demeanor and let's hope he makes a play

just watched it as well... and I agree about his demeanor... he doesn't come off bad at all... although he does remind me a little of a faster talking Shawn Kemp...

edit: how great of a TE would Shawn Kemp had been? 6'10'' 230, (could have easily added weight for sure) Huge hands, spring-loaded legs... I digress...

"You've got a talented football player," Pagano said, citing Rogers' size, speed and big-play ability. "Now we are going to give him an opportunity because he's earned it."http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000280875/article/darick-rogers-has-opportunity-to-help-colts-offense

I think this is a strong enough statement from Pagano to make me feel like we will see him on Thursday.  We'll see!

"You've got a talented football player," Pagano said, citing Rogers' size, speed and big-play ability. "Now we are going to give him an opportunity because he's earned it."http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000280875/article/darick-rogers-has-opportunity-to-help-colts-offense

I think this is a strong enough statement from Pagano to make me feel like we will see him on Thursday. We'll see!

Yeah you don't make that kind of a statement unless you are planning to play him... Only way he wouldn't is if some late injury news forces a lineup change but otherwise I think we will see him.

just watched it as well... and I agree about his demeanor... he doesn't come off bad at all... although he does remind me a little of a faster talking Shawn Kemp...

edit: how great of a TE would Shawn Kemp had been? 6'10'' 230, (could have easily added weight for sure) Huge hands, spring-loaded legs... I digress...

Shawn Kemp actually has small hands. Don't think he could even palm a basketball. I have no idea why I know or remember this.