Rogers elevated to Active Roster [Merge]

corgi

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking back, I really wish we would of drafted DeAndre Hopkins. But this will do.

yeah although I think their pretty comparable if Rogers stays out of trouble. Hopkins has a little better speed, Rogers has more height and catch radius. I think Rogers had better college numbers too. Not sure about that. Hopkins would be nice though. 

I read his draft profile and all of his weaknesses seem to stem from laziness (doesn't always put full effort and doesn't extend broken down plays). I hope our CS coached into doing just that and talked some sense into him that he could make great money if he stayed out of trouble. If I was Da'rick, I feel like money would be the only way. 

Anyway, he has great hands and as a prospect I read somewhere before that he's a poor mans Dez Bryant. 

Rogers is a physical specimen with strong hands who overpowered defenders in his routes and after the catch on his way to second-team All-SEC status in 2011 (67 catches, 1,040 yards, nine TDs), and to a dominating season (78 catches for 1,207 yards and 11 TDs) while at Tennessee Tech. His immaturity off the field caused him to be dismissed from Tennessee before the 2012 season, and thus the biggest questions with Rogers will be about character concerns. While he's not a quick-twitch, vertical threat, Rogers is a big, physical receiver who works well across the middle, and has a tremendous deal of talent.

Someone's gotta fall for this. Griff Whalen? According to Rotoworld:

Colts promoted WR Da'Rick Rogers from the practice squad.

It's the second time this season Rogers has gotten the promotion to the active 53. He wasn't active for the one game he was on the roster for in September. No. 4 receiver Griff Whalen took a big hit in Sunday's loss to the Rams, so Rogers may be coming up as insurance. Rogers was a monster in college and has impressive measurables but was a big-time knucklehead. He likely won't see much, if any, playing time in 2013. Rogers remains a dynasty hold.

On another note, can someone explain why a guy who is supposedly so good keeps getting cut? I don't get it. How do we expect him to perform this season?

I'm curious, as I know nothing about Da'Rick Rogers other than what is already on the surface (i.e. great numbers in college, drug suspension, strong Compbine), why did this guy go undrafted?

After all the trouble Tyrann Mathieu went through (which is a lot more than I know of from Rogers), he was STILL taken in the third round.

No one took a flier in the 6th or 7th round?